Texas Hunting Forum

Thoughts?

Posted By: DFWPI

Thoughts? - 04/17/09 05:47 PM

You experts, give me your thoughts on this......

http://www.savagearms.com/accustockdefault.htm or

Posted By: Precision_Shooter

Re: Thoughts? - 04/17/09 08:56 PM

Here is something I saw on another forum. Great info and comparison between the non accustock and accustock models.
Has lots of pictures and good info. I WANT ONE.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351755&highlight=ACCUSTOCK

Posted By: mbavo

Re: Thoughts? - 04/17/09 09:17 PM

looks realy nice might have to try one.

Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Thoughts? - 04/18/09 05:05 AM

Hmm, looks like a variation on the aluminum bedding blocks several other makers already use. The only thing new I see is the wedge that anchors the recoil lug. Not a bad idea. I bet it works good.

Jay

Posted By: J.G.

Re: Thoughts? - 04/18/09 05:05 PM

I'm gonna buy one. I was on the fence between a Remington 700 and a Savage 10 in .308. I own a Savage 12 in .22-250 and have no complaints about accuracy, or user friendliness of the rifle. It looks like the Savage might be a little less expensive than the Remington and I won't have to have it accurized which saves in expense as well.

Posted By: luv2brode

Re: Thoughts? - 04/19/09 10:06 PM

check the remington again, my wifes trigger on her 308 is adjustable

Posted By: rifleman

Re: Thoughts? - 04/19/09 11:43 PM

looks basically like what Ruger did. But shouldn't have to accurize a Remmy. My fiancee has one of the Rem 700 mtn rifles in a 7mm-08 and it is a sweet shooting little gun, can only imagine a 308 would be very similar.

Posted By: patriot_6.8

Re: Thoughts? - 04/20/09 06:10 AM

Don't know nuthin about the accu stock, but the grand daughters a keeper. Good to see um teachin her right.

Posted By: J.G.

Re: Thoughts? - 04/21/09 05:10 PM

Huh? I didn't say anything about the trigger?

Posted By: KC

Re: Thoughts? - 04/22/09 03:06 AM

Sounds like a good idea, but given the comfort and aesthetic appeal of the last Savage factory stock I had, I'd probably replace the thing anyway. I can see where applying pressure in more or less of a semi-circle would be more conducive to accuracy than traditional pillar bedding. However, since most benchrest rifles that shoot 1/2 moa use good ole fashioned pillar bedding, one must ask-- Why? Seems like another answer to a question nobody asked...

Posted By: honcho

Re: Thoughts? - 04/22/09 07:02 AM

I like it, from the way it sounds. Savage really does make some decent rifles, although I'm not really impressed with the accu-trigger. I don't see it as a big deal personally but opinions vary!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum