Texas Hunting Forum

Buds Gun Shop...

Posted By: Deerhunter61

Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 12:44 AM

Guys,

I'm looking to purchase a .17 HMR from Bud's but wanted to get feedback from any of you guys who've ordered from them.

How long did they take to fulfill your order? How long did it take before you received what you purchased?

Thanks,

Melvin
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 12:58 AM

I've used them a bunch. If you do the CC option it is pretty instant could have it in a couple days. If you use the bank transfer option to get the cash discount it will take about 5 days for the transfer to go through then about 2-3 days for it to arrive.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: KRoyal
I've used them a bunch. If you do the CC option it is pretty instant could have it in a couple days. If you use the bank transfer option to get the cash discount it will take about 5 days for the transfer to go through then about 2-3 days for it to arrive.

This ^^^^
I have ordered a few from them and no problems
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 01:58 AM

Bud's is good to go, BUT---they have some crazy shipping policy that can make things tough on your FFL. I don't recall exactly what the deal was, but because my FFL has a day job and there is not always someone home to receive shipments, he ends up having to go to extra trouble to receive the firearm. I found out about this several years ago and have not ordered from Bud's since and that's why I've forgotten the details. Some things a guy with CRS just can't tell ya.

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: RiverRider
Bud's is good to go, BUT---they have some crazy shipping policy that can make things tough on your FFL. I don't recall exactly what the deal was, but because my FFL has a day job and there is not always someone home to receive shipments, he ends up having to go to extra trouble to receive the firearm. I found out about this several years ago and have not ordered from Bud's since and that's why I've forgotten the details. Some things a guy with CRS just can't tell ya.

I thought all firearms had to be signed for.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 02:09 AM

Well, yeah. That's the deal, I think. I'll go out on a limb and say (guessing!!) that if there's no one home to sign on the first delivery attempt, then the carrier won't attempt delivery again and he has to go to their facility to pick it up. I've probably completely twisted it up, but it was something crazy like that. It's some kind of stipulation that Bud's puts on shipments.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 02:15 AM

Have bought a number of guns from Bud's with absolutely no issues. Even when I used electronic check, it only took a couple of extra days.

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: RiverRider
Well, yeah. That's the deal, I think. I'll go out on a limb and say (guessing!!) that if there's no one home to sign on the first delivery attempt, then the carrier won't attempt delivery again and he has to go to their facility to pick it up. I've probably completely twisted it up, but it was something crazy like that. It's some kind of stipulation that Bud's puts on shipments.

Yea I didn't know for sure if they had to be signed for or not.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 03:31 AM

Never a problem with Bud's.
Posted By: dredd

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 11:22 AM

Bud's has always been fast & painless for me.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 12:41 PM

Bought a couple from buds. Really easy. Gun showed up at my FFL in a few days.
Posted By: vance

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 02:39 PM

Never had a problem with Bud's, using CC or E-Check.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 03:04 PM

Only got one from them so far. will buy from them again im sure.
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 04:19 PM

I've bought a gun from there. Fast shipping if you use a credit card.

One thing, and this goes for ordering any gun online, make sure you look it over before you sign the transfer papers.

I check everything, safety check, and ask the guy doing the transfer if I can dry fire and the answer is usually "yes". Once you sign the transfer papers you own that firearm and you cannot send it back to Buds even if it is the wrong firearm.

One guy was ranting how he hated Buds. He bought a Savage rifle and Buds sent him the youth version of the Savage rifle. He didn't even open the box, signed all the papers, then saw it was the youth version. Buds did not take a return on the rifle and he was stuck with the rifle.
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 05:47 PM

I've used them several times. Great to deal with.
Posted By: redmist1

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 06:04 PM

I have bought several through them they are good to go
Posted By: TX0303

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Gone to Texas

One thing, and this goes for ordering any gun online, make sure you look it over before you sign the transfer papers.

I check everything, safety check, and ask the guy doing the transfer if I can dry fire and the answer is usually "yes". Once you sign the transfer papers you own that firearm and you cannot send it back to Buds even if it is the wrong firearm.

One guy was ranting how he hated Buds. He bought a Savage rifle and Buds sent him the youth version of the Savage rifle. He didn't even open the box, signed all the papers, then saw it was the youth version. Buds did not take a return on the rifle and he was stuck with the rifle.

This is good to know.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Gone to Texas

If he wanted to pursue a court claim or a BBB claim against Buds, he would have grounds to do so. The reason so many customer service folks just say "no" is because so many customers just accept that answer without fighting at all. If customers didn't lay down, customer service wouldn't treat us that way.

No good of Buds, but people make mistakes and they can't take back a rifle as "new" if there is any chance it could have been used in a crime or something like that. Not Bud's policy - I believe that is AFT policy.
Posted By: 30378

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 08:35 PM

Nothing but good results from Buds. Great business for the shooters.
Posted By: Loaded

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/02/17 10:16 PM

I've ordered a few from them with no issues. They all shipped fast and were the best deals I could find online. You have to love no tax and free shipping.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/03/17 02:51 AM

Ever order I've placed has been easy, hassle free and very quick shipping.
Posted By: Mathp

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/03/17 07:41 AM

Has anyone asked Bud's to take a picture of the actual gun they will be shipping? I would like to see what I'm getting since wood stocks like the Win 70 Super Grade can vary greatly.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/03/17 01:20 PM

Guys,

Thanks again! You always come through! I'll be ordering from them later today!
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/03/17 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Mathp
Has anyone asked Bud's to take a picture of the actual gun they will be shipping? I would like to see what I'm getting since wood stocks like the Win 70 Super Grade can vary greatly.

I haven't bought a rifle from Bud's where I was very particular about the stock. I think in your case you would want to be a hands-on buyer because even pictures can be deceiving.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Buds Gun Shop... - 03/03/17 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Mathp

most retailers wont do this because they never open the boxes and look at the guns. what are you looking at, I might have some ideas for you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum