Texas Hunting Forum

Rebarrel my tikka with Bartlein

Posted By: taylormade820

Rebarrel my tikka with Bartlein - 02/12/17 05:28 PM

Looking at getting a heavier bartlein barrel to put on my tikka 270 WSM. Any gunsmith in the dallas area y'all could recommend to do the work for me? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Rebarrel my tikka with Bartlein - 02/12/17 06:06 PM

You need to contact Chad and get with his gunsmith. They know re-barreling Tikkas like the back of a ham.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Rebarrel my tikka with Bartlein - 02/12/17 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: jeepercreeper
You need to contact Chad and get with his gunsmith. They know re-barreling Tikkas like the back of a ham.

Just sent him a PM with the info.
Posted By: BMA214

Re: Rebarrel my tikka with Bartlein - 02/13/17 02:54 AM

Horizon Firearms without a doubt. Do yourself a favor and call Derrick first then talk to some of these other guys.
Posted By: snarkscarbine

Re: Rebarrel my tikka with Bartlein - 02/13/17 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Originally Posted By: jeepercreeper

Just sent him a PM with the info.

Mind sending that this way, too?
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Rebarrel my tikka with Bartlein - 02/13/17 07:58 PM

Why is this friend of chad's not available to contact directly?

Not trying to stir the pot, just curious. I think I may have met him once a few years ago and seems like a pretty cool dude. Struck me as a real nerdy type, which I think is a really good thing and I mean that in the most positive way possible.

Re: Rebarrel my tikka with Bartlein - 02/14/17 12:28 AM

He is if you know his phone number. He is busy enough with no website, and no business cards. He is only word of mouth, but that shows the quality of his work. When I send a PM, I give guys his number.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Rebarrel my tikka with Bartlein - 02/14/17 12:38 AM

Any gunsmith you would want working on your stuff can rebarrel a Tikka there isn't any magic pixy dust that is needed. No doubt JG and Chad's guy is good. So is Jon Trammel in Breckenridge, Jonathan @ Crimson Accuracy and Michael @ S&S Precision....if I was going to do it then one of those 4 would be who I would use. I personally use Jon and Jonathan but not because the other two can't do the work...it's just who I have the prior relationship with. I'm loyal like that, I used Jon for everything up until Jonathan bugged me to let him build me one.

Talk to several guys and use who you click with and can form a relationship. I want the relationship with my gunsmith that he can and will tell me when I'm screwing something up and not looking to toe tap around...I have that with those two guys.

Re: Rebarrel my tikka with Bartlein - 02/14/17 12:49 AM

I know how you like the way I tip-toe around you.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Rebarrel my tikka with Bartlein - 02/14/17 01:09 AM

Chad's guy did my Tikka 260 with a no. 4 contour Brux barrel, and that rifle is wonderfully accurate. For all I know, he lives in a hollow tree, but he sure can do good work.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum