Texas Hunting Forum

Alamo precision rifles?

Posted By: jhenderson

Alamo precision rifles? - 08/03/16 09:04 PM

Anyone used them? Good? Bad? Seem to build some pretty nice stuff but looks don't mean anything.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/03/16 09:12 PM

PM SniperRAB he has a rifle built by them and absolutely loves it.
Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/03/16 09:18 PM

Tons of guys on the Green Screen have rifles built by them and seem very pleased. Mine should be finished in a couple weeks.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/03/16 09:20 PM

I shot one of thier rifles a while back. I was impressed with fit/finish and accuracy. Not to mention thier price points are very attractive
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/03/16 09:35 PM

That's the lure that's got my attention. Was gonna buy one of these used customs and came across Alamo. Can get a new gun for a lot less money leaving my pocket.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/03/16 10:09 PM

MikeC has posted a couple builds from Alamo there are several others that use the for their custom gun smith shop.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/03/16 11:11 PM

They cut and crowned a barrel for me. I know that's a simple job, but it was flawless.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/04/16 12:46 PM

I've used them for s very simple job, the side bolt release on a 700. They did an excellent job.

Very honest folks. I had issues with my timney trigger not engaging my bolt release lever. Decided to get this $100 side bolt release job. The gunsmith himself calls me back and says he can fix the problem for $15, and that's mostly to ship it back to me. He could fix it in 5 minutes with a small washer. I figured I already shipped it to him so might as well get it done for the cool factor.

I am def I felt keeping them in mind for any rifle work will have done in the future, my because of the service.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/04/16 12:57 PM

Will they work on different actions? On their website all I see are rem 700's and similar. Would they do a vanguard?
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/04/16 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Will they work on different actions? On their website all I see are rem 700's and similar. Would they do a vanguard?

Highly recommend u verify with him, but...

When I asked about a year ago for a tikka or 788 he said he primarily does only 700s and clone but he says does it hurt to ask. He's been getting more request on other actions. Said only thing that stops him is that he's made some specialized tools and gadgets that r 700 specific. He'd have to make the same for other actions once it seems like there is enough demand.
Posted By: WrecklessRanch

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/04/16 03:57 PM

I like them enough that I have two and at least two more planned for the future. I can't wait for hunting season so I can get the chance to kill more than 'yotes with them. Great customer service, incredible guns and they absolutely stand behind what they build... You can't go wrong with APR.

Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/04/16 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Korean Redneck

When I asked about a year ago for a tikka or 788 he said he primarily does only 700s and clone but he says does it hurt to ask. He's been getting more request on other actions. Said only thing that stops him is that he's made some specialized tools and gadgets that r 700 specific. He'd have to make the same for other actions once it seems like there is enough demand.

The reason the vanguard and howa get no love is metric threading. 99% of smiths dont wanna bother. They are great actions. I have a WTO barreled action off a Howa that is stupid accurate. They were only ones interested in messing with my howa action. Fwiw ive heard great things about alamo precision.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/04/16 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: jorge

The reason the vanguard and howa get no love is metric threading. 99% of smiths dont wanna bother. They are great actions. I have a WTO barreled action off a Howa that is stupid accurate. They were only ones interested in messing with my howa action. Fwiw ive heard great things about alamo precision.

Please forgive my ignorance but who or what is WTO?
Posted By: caddokiller

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/04/16 05:42 PM

I have 4 Alamo precision rifles and plan on building another soon. For the price and quality there us no one else I'll use.

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/04/16 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: booradley

Anyone?
Posted By: dee

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/04/16 10:10 PM

West Texas Ordnance maybe
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/05/16 04:13 PM

I have 1 for now........ clap
Posted By: wall8053

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/05/16 05:57 PM

I haven't shot mine yet, but it sure does look good

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/06/16 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: booradley

Jorge?
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/07/16 04:11 AM

Jorge Scott at Live Oak Accuracy will also take care of a Howa and does a great job.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/14/16 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: WrecklessRanch
I like them enough that I have two and at least two more planned for the future. I can't wait for hunting season so I can get the chance to kill more than 'yotes with them. Great customer service, incredible guns and they absolutely stand behind what they build... You can't go wrong with APR.

Still Mad you got that Hat Ma'am rofl

Some of the best Guys in the Biz and awesome Customer Service..Plan on many Builds by them in the future up
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/14/16 07:56 PM

I've got a build placed right now, just waiting on the action. Jason has been great to deal with basic well as Robert. Their prices are fantastic and wait times are far ahead of the large builders.
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: Alamo precision rifles? - 08/14/16 07:59 PM

The only thing that kills me is that Jason actually agreed to a pink and turquoise color scheme for the wife and didn't even fight it once lol.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum