Texas Hunting Forum

xd-s input

Posted By: quail2

xd-s input - 02/05/15 07:11 PM

Looking at a new XD-S in 9mm. Does anyone use this for their cc. What are the pros and cons of this paticular gun? I think for $424.99 it's a steal! Any input is appreciated
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: xd-s input - 02/05/15 09:42 PM

I have the .45 and love it. I slip it in a Nemesis holster and in my cargo pocket.

I bought mine from Springer Precision when they first came out, he sold it with one of his super sweet trigger jobs...$600

the bottom has fallen out on these because Springfield came out with a newer model. I think you would be very happy with it.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: xd-s input - 02/06/15 01:09 AM

I have an XD-9 and love it. I held an XDs 45 in the gun store when they first came out and didn't like it at all. Wasn't ergonomic, didn't feel like it would handle the 45 recoil well, and just generally didn't make sense to me. Of course those are all subjective, but I'm mostly anti-45 for self defense anyway. I've never seen a 45 for concealed carry that didn't have a 9mm version that would do the job better.
Posted By: Buckeyesgt

Re: xd-s input - 02/06/15 01:29 AM

I had a 3.3 45. Until some dirtbag stole it. The next day I ordered the 4.0 45. I really like both. Of course the 3.3 is a tad easier to carry. I'm still hoping I get my other one back. Great little carry gun. Recoil is fine. I really can't think of a bad thing to say about them.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: xd-s input - 02/06/15 01:53 AM

The XDs and descendants are great pistols.

Buzzsaw mentioned Springer...I don't know what Springer has available these days but I put some of his action/trigger components in one or both of our XDs when we first got them. Good stuff.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum