Texas Hunting Forum

Glock Question

Posted By: campbell9997

Glock Question - 11/10/14 08:42 AM

Thinking about puting a NY1 trigger spring in my g27. Anyone use these? Likes/Dislikes?
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Glock Question - 11/10/14 12:20 PM

Never used one. I do know a lot of people who swear by it.
Posted By: BCJ

Re: Glock Question - 11/10/14 01:28 PM

I bought a police trade in G22 that had the NY trigger. If you are used to heavy triggers you will probably like it, very heavy but a short pull. I personally like lighter triggers so it had to go.
Its a cheap and quick swap so you really don't have much to lose by trying it.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Glock Question - 11/10/14 01:33 PM

I've never shot one with a NY trigger spring, but I played around with some in armorer class and did some dry firing. The combination of a NY1 spring and a 4.5 lb. connector actually felt pretty good. I didn't really care for either NY spring with the standard or (+) connectors.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Glock Question - 11/10/14 04:58 PM

Posted By: chickenpants

Re: Glock Question - 11/10/14 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

there is always one in the group banana2
Posted By: TRoberts

Re: Glock Question - 11/11/14 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: chickenpants

there is always one in the group banana2

They can't help themselves.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Glock Question - 11/11/14 03:18 AM

I say have both
Posted By: glb1955

Re: Glock Question - 11/11/14 03:26 AM

The New York Trigger was made to better simulate the double action pull of a revolver. If you do not stage the trigger (some call it trigger set) after each shot then you will notice that there is an increase in the weight of the trigger. The NY trigger does nothing to the length of pull. Glock has changed their connectors in the past few years to accomodate other shooters than L/E. I do know that the NY trigger in a weapon with a connector heavier than 5lbs would cause a problem. Am not sure about the 3.5 connectors as I have never installed a 3.5 on a weapon with a NY trigger. The swap out is simple if you want to go back to the standard spring but that spring does need to be installed correctly. I have used a NY trigger since 1991 and am just used to it, but then, I have not changed weapons since then.
Posted By: campbell9997

Re: Glock Question - 11/11/14 04:00 AM

I figured you cant go wrong for the price. If it works good if not go back to stock.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum