Texas Hunting Forum

Where to Buy Gun Safes

Posted By: CalebtheLee

Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/01/14 04:53 PM

I am in the market for a big safe. Where can I find a deal on one?
Posted By: kry226

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/01/14 05:03 PM

Tractor Supply.
Posted By: Fishing Fester

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/01/14 05:07 PM

Not sure where u are located, but out in dfw, there is a place called AC safes. He has good deals on scratch and dent safes. If you don't really care about aesthetics, that's where I would go.

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/01/14 05:11 PM

Yes-im in rockwall. where is AC safes?

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/01/14 05:16 PM

Thanks I just looked them up!
Posted By: FishStickMan

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/01/14 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By: kry226
Tractor Supply.

Depends upon what you mean by "find a deal". Tractor supply will run a big sale for Black Friday at thanksgiving. They usually have a 50 gun in that deal, but it's a TS quality safe. If you're looking for higher quality, the someone like AC safes is a much better bet.
Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/01/14 11:25 PM

If you sign up for Sports Authority emails, they send out 20-30% off coupons pretty regular. You can use these to buy Browning safes. I bought a 1000$ Browning safe for 700 bucks. I consider that a good deal.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/01/14 11:35 PM

Liberty Safe in Garland, get the biggest one they have, then get the next size UP !!! They will deliver, set in place, level it and set your combination. I like the S&G touch pad!! Best Prices, They will probably have all models at the Market Hall Gun Show.

Buy it from a SAFE store, not a mass merchandiser, they have no service after the sale, like when you move or it breaks.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/01/14 11:36 PM

Be ready to spend $2,000+ or just set your stuff on the front porch.
Posted By: bradyf

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/02/14 01:33 AM

bought one at costco in the past. it was a 52 gun for $990
Posted By: RickC

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/02/14 01:59 AM

Market Hall gun show is this weekend. I bought my Superior there, and had it delivered, bolted down, and my combination set. Great service and VERY heavy!
Posted By: 68A

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/02/14 02:03 AM

Security Products in Waco area makes a dang good safe. Not sure what your budget is but the thing I like about it is the locking system. Nothing else like it.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/02/14 07:31 AM

What did you guys pay for delivery and install?
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/02/14 01:27 PM

There is a pretty good educational video on youtube about safes, the quality these days of various brands, etc. that is worth watching. If you just want a safe to slow down a hit and run thug then Tractor Supply is OK. If you want the thug to spend all night trying to get your stuff then watch the video. I say spend all night because I guess I still figure if somebody wants your stuff bad enough and has the time they will get it.

Winchester brand safe is an example. Many years ago they were made of thicker plate steel. Now they are just thin sheet metal wrapped around sheet rock for weight and some fire protection. Somebody on here posted a picture not too long ago of a cheap safe,(don't remember brand), with the combo lock knocked off, the door open, and the contents gone.

If I was going to buy another one now it would be a Fort Knox, the Security Products one mentioned above, or maybe a Browning. The Security Products company may still set up a the gun shows. They look like a good safe.

Contact THF user Varmintslayer. He moves them and could probably tell you anything you want to know about them.

Posted By: Icedown12pk

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/02/14 04:26 PM

I got my browning from Advantage Trading Post and feel like I got a great deal. But I agree that you should buy bigger than whatever you think you need.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/02/14 04:29 PM

The gun safe store
Posted By: RickC

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/02/14 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Toxarch

$200, and worth every cent of it. Came from The Safe Company www.thesafecompany.com
Posted By: FishStickMan

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/02/14 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: RickC
Originally Posted By: Toxarch

$100, and worth every cent of it.

^^^This^^^
Posted By: danmac

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/03/14 04:19 AM

A1 in Plano carries Liberty Safes.. They are really nice safes.

A1 Liberty Safes
Posted By: kry226

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/03/14 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: FishStickMan
Originally Posted By: kry226
Tractor Supply.

Depends upon what you mean by "find a deal". Tractor supply will run a big sale for Black Friday at thanksgiving. They usually have a 50 gun in that deal, but it's a TS quality safe. If you're looking for higher quality, the someone like AC safes is a much better bet.

Yep. If he was more specific I might have offered different advice. We all know all safes are not created equal, nor are all residential security containers (RSCs). farmer
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/04/14 01:56 AM

Everything boils down to finding the balance between need and budget

We had a major forest fire here about three years ago. I tried hard, but couldn't find even one "fire resistant" safe that didn't melt down the contents - including a $10K custom safe designed to hold cash. Seems that they are designed with the thought that the fire department will be there with water to cool the place down in 1 to 3 hours....... 1700 homes melted into the ground without a drop of water being applied - some burned for a few days.

Then, after seeing what a small bulldozer and some some heavy cables can do to a large safe anchored to both the concrete slab and two walls, I look at safes differently now.

Marc
Posted By: Nate C.

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/04/14 03:30 AM

Fort Knox all the way. I recommend Safes R Us, the regional Fort Knox distributor. Ask for Eric. They are located in Houston, but they deliver and install.
Posted By: Loaded

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/04/14 03:54 PM

I bought mine from Gun Safe's By Kennedy's Corner. They have great prices and reasonable delivery fee.

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/07/14 04:35 PM

Do any of you have experience with the Browning Sporter series that bass pro carries?
Posted By: MDMORROW

Re: Where to Buy Gun Safes - 08/07/14 05:38 PM

Had good luck with gunsafes.com. Got my liberty there. No sales tax and free delivery.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum