Texas Hunting Forum

How do you carry

Posted By: LoneRanger220

How do you carry - 07/25/14 02:28 PM

Since we have the post on what everyone carries..... Just wondering how do you carry during the summer months???
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: How do you carry - 07/25/14 04:10 PM

Simple- IWB holster at 3 o'clock. I wear a lot of dress shorts in the summer, and have a heavy leather belt to hold everything in place. I like the holsters that have the retention straps forward and back of the pistol, to keep a thinner profile. Wear a polo shirt or button down untucked.

When I wear gym shorts, I carry my small PM40 in a Galco Stow N Go held in place by my shorts.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: How do you carry - 07/25/14 04:26 PM

This at about the 4 O'clock.

Posted By: thruxton

Re: How do you carry - 07/25/14 04:39 PM

I prefer pocket carry in the summer. S&W 642.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: How do you carry - 07/25/14 04:41 PM

glove box
Posted By: Phantom

Re: How do you carry - 07/25/14 04:49 PM

pocket my ruger lcp
Posted By: BobG

Re: How do you carry - 07/25/14 06:38 PM

Full Leather IWB @ 4 o'clock for a Springfield XDs 9mm
Posted By: billybob

Re: How do you carry - 07/25/14 07:34 PM

LC9 or XD45 in front cargo pocket.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: How do you carry - 07/25/14 09:41 PM

Iwb at 8 o'clock. (I'm a lefty) in a cheap ace case iwb tuckable.
Posted By: janie

Re: How do you carry - 07/25/14 10:27 PM

Sleeve less tank top, with holster's sewn in, basically under each arm pit. It's comfortable and disappear's underneath a t-shirt.
Posted By: thruxton

Re: How do you carry - 07/25/14 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: janie
Sleeve less tank top, with holster's sewn in, basically under each arm pit. It's comfortable and disappear's underneath a t-shirt.

I saw these at Academy. Interesting for sure! Not sure how much I'd trust it with a chambered glock, though. How thick is the material?
Posted By: janie

Re: How do you carry - 07/25/14 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: teedubyaw
Originally Posted By: janie

I saw these at Academy. Interesting for sure! Not sure how much I'd trust it with a chambered glock, though. How thick is the material?

The holster's are durable enough, but the tank top is basically spandex. It's fine for my S & W Bodyguard and someone my size. 5'8 110lbs.

I wouldn't recommend it for a fella.
Posted By: Hooligan

Re: How do you carry - 07/25/14 11:23 PM

Horsehide IWB @ 4 o clock

Got mine from crossbreed seconds and it was in immaculate condition but at a way better price than retail
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: How do you carry - 07/25/14 11:28 PM

pocket carry lc9 in a Desantis Nemesis
Posted By: hawk

Re: How do you carry - 07/25/14 11:33 PM

Colt Commander, OWB at 4 o'clock in a D.M. Bullard bodyguard holster. Un-tucked button up fishing shirt.
Posted By: FWBanger

Re: How do you carry - 07/26/14 02:02 PM

I've carried many ways over the years but the most common anymore is front pocket holster for my S&W 340SC .357. Quick yet comfortable.
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: How do you carry - 07/26/14 02:44 PM

M&P 45 FS in a Stealth Gear IWB at 3 o'clock.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: How do you carry - 07/26/14 03:17 PM

Front pocket KelTec.

Wife got my an XDs 45 and I don't know what holster to get. I wear relaxed fit Wranglers every day since I'm either welding in the shop, in the field, or working in brush. I tuck my shirt in and can't figure out what to do since I always take my pistol in every public place it is allowed.
Posted By: cdoan02

Re: How do you carry - 07/26/14 05:04 PM

In summertime, I appendix carry. Glock 27 or M&P 340. I wear slim fitting clothes, and this is the only place that completely conceals.
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: How do you carry - 07/26/14 05:16 PM

I carry IWB at about 3:30ish. I prefer a hybrid style holster so I can tuck or leave out. I've been able to conceal everything from a Sig P235 to a CZ 75 Compact. I'm 6', 190lb; so a pretty average frame.
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: How do you carry - 07/26/14 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Front pocket KelTec.

Wife got my an XDs 45 and I don't know what holster to get. I wear relaxed fit Wranglers every day since I'm either welding in the shop, in the field, or working in brush. I tuck my shirt in and can't figure out what to do since I always take my pistol in every public place it is allowed.

Have a look at some IWB holsters from Alien Gear . I have one and it is excellent quality at a good price.
Posted By: Hooligan

Re: How do you carry - 07/26/14 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Front pocket KelTec.

I wear my shirt tucked in with my crossbreed. It gives you the option to tuck or have it untucked if you want. I like the horsehide a lot since it's more sweat resistant than regular leather and more comfortable than plastic
Posted By: n-all

Re: How do you carry - 07/26/14 06:21 PM

pocket..SW380 Bodyguard..
Posted By: passthru

Re: How do you carry - 07/26/14 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
Iwb at 8 o'clock. (I'm a lefty) in a cheap ace case iwb tuckable.

Basically this. Different gun, different brand of holster and the other side but it works the same.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: How do you carry - 07/27/14 01:12 AM

I'll look into both of those brands. Thank you.
Posted By: LoneRanger220

Re: How do you carry - 07/27/14 01:48 PM

I like the idea of the sleeveless shirt with the pockets sewn in. I've looked at a holster similar to that. Called the kangaroo carry out of Houston. I think I'm gonna give it a try.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: How do you carry - 07/27/14 02:18 PM

Usually in a drop leg holster, riding just below the hip, with 3 mags in a drop holster on the other leg.
Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: How do you carry - 07/27/14 11:16 PM

KAHR P380 in front pocket. DeSantis Nemesis...

DeSantis Mini Scabbard for the Shield 9mm

Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: How do you carry - 07/27/14 11:34 PM

I have one of the Full Cover IWB for my Shield.. http://www.advancedholster.com/

Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: How do you carry - 07/27/14 11:45 PM

Slingshot, back pocket........... texas
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum