Texas Hunting Forum

gunsmith near las colinas (dallas) ?

Posted By: Red D

gunsmith near las colinas (dallas) ? - 07/02/14 10:40 PM

Anybody can recommend?
Posted By: syncerus

Re: gunsmith near las colinas (dallas) ? - 07/02/14 11:47 PM

Doc's in Carrollton is probably your best bet.
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: gunsmith near las colinas (dallas) ? - 07/03/14 12:26 AM

What are you looking to get done? I use Scott Weichel in wylie for all my work.

Walter
Posted By: caddokiller

Re: gunsmith near las colinas (dallas) ? - 07/03/14 12:58 AM

The smith at Euless guns and ammo is good from what I hear.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: gunsmith near las colinas (dallas) ? - 07/03/14 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: caddokiller
The smith at Euless guns and ammo is good from what I hear.

make sure your weapon is not loaded...

depends on what you want/need done
Posted By: nsmike

Re: gunsmith near las colinas (dallas) ? - 07/03/14 01:55 AM

I'm too far away to make a recommendation but you need to tell us the type of work. I currently have two rifles in with a very good smith, one job, adjusting the timing of a Mauser ejector, only requires competence. The second, sorting out a double set trigger, requires a high level of skill. There are five smiths, that I know, that could of done the first job that I wouldn't trust with the second.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: gunsmith near las colinas (dallas) ? - 07/03/14 02:34 AM

+1 on Doc's in Carrollton.

1 exit south of 121 @ I-35 E, 1 block east, little white frame house on NWest corner before you cross the RR tracks & across the street from the Water Plant....or McArthur north to Sandy Lake, turn east and a couple miles to I-35 E.
Ron
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: gunsmith near las colinas (dallas) ? - 07/03/14 03:39 AM

Sam from the gun range gave me a card to an old man out of Grapevine that he swears by. Kinda makes me nervous but I've heard a lot of good about Docs too. I'm in the same boat, same area too. Also keep hearing great things on S&S Precision too.
Posted By: DirtyDave

Re: gunsmith near las colinas (dallas) ? - 07/04/14 03:50 PM

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. I just moved to The Colony and I have a M70 '06 that I want to rebarrel to a 280Rem
Posted By: Texsun

Re: gunsmith near las colinas (dallas) ? - 07/04/14 08:31 PM

Docs...
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: gunsmith near las colinas (dallas) ? - 07/04/14 10:20 PM

Check that on Doc's being 1 exit south of 121...He is 1 exit south of The Bush, about a mile+ south of 121, on Whitlock, which is Sandy Lake Rd on the west side of I-35 E...After living in Carrollton for 30 years from '75 to '05, after only 9 years at Texoma you'd think I could still remember all the street names.

Frankford Rd on the east side of I-35 E is where all the car dealers are and I can't remember WHERE the Exits are on the southbound Service Road, and Whitlock/Sandy Lake Rd is the next major east/west street south of Frankford.

& thanks to Google...

1600 Whitlock Lane
Carrollton TX
972-245-2955
Ron
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum