Texas Hunting Forum

Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger

Posted By: Lab

Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/13/14 08:57 PM

Out of the companies I have listed above, which would you choose first and why?
Posted By: Humannpower

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/13/14 10:48 PM

Glock. Rugged and reliable pistol. Fits my hand perfectly.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/13/14 11:10 PM

Depends on what your goal for the weapon is.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/13/14 11:14 PM

Glock

Fits my hand, reliable, ease of use, after market parts, Glock smiths are everywhere, light weight, low maintenance, no rust, works everytime

The only one you listed that I don't know about is Ruger.
Posted By: Scary Poppins

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/13/14 11:16 PM

Springfield or Ruger if I want a 45 (1911) (although I'd rather have a Colt)

Glock for a cheap work pistol in 9 or 40

M&P if I want an AR in 22

Sig if I want a P938 for CCW

Originally Posted By: wp75169
Depends on what your goal for the weapon is.
Posted By: Skip

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/13/14 11:52 PM

M&P I'm Smith fan when my life is on the line.
Posted By: bjones2571

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 12:03 AM

Sig. Love the da/sa.
Posted By: Chickenman

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 12:08 AM

I shoot a M&P well. It fits my hand perfectly unlike Glocks.
Posted By: Wildhorse

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 12:13 AM

1. Glock because they have the most aftermarket support and because I shoot them the best.

2. Ruger SR series because they because they are inexpensive (while being very high quality), have a very Glock-like trigger, and have a much more rounded slide profile, making them the most comfortable of the bunch to conceal.

3. XD (original) because they are fit my hand better than M&P's, have a very easy to shoot trigger, and can be had cheaper.

4. Sig P-series because, though they are expensive, they are things are things of beauty. I love me some P227.

5. M&P because the combination of the hinged trigger and a weird feeling break (to me), combined with grip shape, make it impossible for me to hold the sights still between the time when the trigger breaks and when the bullet leaves the barrel.

All of them are equally reliable and durable in my experience, having used all of them in the past. Anymore, for my money, I pretty much stick to Ruger SR series and Glocks but sometimes venture into the Sig and Beretta world just out of an appreciation for mechanical beauty.

You can see from all of the above comments what a personal choice this is since, while one gun may fit one person perfectly, it may not fit you the same way. That, and people's different taste in style and construction, is why all of these different guns are good choices for different individuals. If one was really truly better than the other in every way, then the latter wouldn't be able to compete in the market place and wouldn't be available anymore, like the first generation of Caracal pistols that was pulled from the marked for reliability and durability issues, among several other now defunct pistol designs.
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: bjones2571
Sig. Love the da/sa.

If it came down to my last pistol, it would be my P226.
Posted By: tbone76

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 02:07 AM

Glock. I shoot best with Glocks and for the money, especially blue label program, you can't go wrong. I've shot them for 20 years and by far, in my opinion, the best gun out there.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 02:15 AM

Been a hunter my whole life. But I'm pretty new to the handgun world. The only gun I have that is in that like is an M&P shield. I've shot a couple of the others at the range, and the M&P guns just plain fit.
Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 02:23 AM

Ruger. But I would need to know what type of firearm. There may be another choice.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 02:39 AM

P226... I trust my life with it everyday, and after 13,000 rounds with zero problems I'll take it over any pistol everyday
Posted By: PWT

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: okstatefan
Sig. Love the da/sa.

this
Posted By: Texas Heat

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 03:29 AM

Glock for me, and I have owned all of the mentioned pistols.
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 06:08 AM

Love my Sig P228
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 07:55 AM

Love my Springfields. Both XD/XDms and 1911s.

Ruger for a .357 Mag revolver.
Posted By: PhilR

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 12:09 PM

H&K.....nevermind....they aren't on your list.

grin
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: PhilR
H&K.....nevermind....they aren't on your list.

grin

Yup. Love mine. up
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 02:17 PM

Glock. I have owned both the Glock and Springfield. I shoot Glock better by far. My buddy owns an M&P and although the grip fits my hand better than my Glock I don't shoot it as well. Rugers are what they are, I've owned 2 a P89 and P95 both ran like a top. They were both steel guns so they were pretty heavy and bulky, Don't know about the SR series. I've owned one sig a 2022 and did not like it. Traded it first chance I got. Now I'm sure the P series of Sigs are perfection, but sadly I've never got my hands on one. I did have a Zastava P226 clone once and it fit my hand perfectly, but wasn't reliable so had to let it go. I shot it well when it did fire though. I've been trying to find me a P226 in 40cal for a good price to add to my collection. Pretty much I think it is a toss up. All the guns listed are reliable to the end. It just really depends on which one fits you and you shoot well.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 02:18 PM

XD
Posted By: OldTexan

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 02:38 PM

I seem to walk out with a Ruger 90% of the time.

SR1911 is a bargain for the quality received. Shoots and operated as well or better than 1911's at twice the price.

GP100 6" 357Mag is deadly accurate and fun to shoot. SR9C carries well, is very accurate, and dependable. Mark III 22/45 series has a bit of everything and has provided me hours of fun at the range and in the field.
Posted By: janie

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 02:59 PM

All are excellent weapons. If I had to choose. Glock.

Been shooting them for 20+ years. They can take a tremendous amount of abuse and always go bang.
Posted By: NTXBowfisher

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 03:13 PM

M&P
M&P
M&P
FNH
Posted By: MavrikZ

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/14/14 07:02 PM

Ruger- Owned many in the past. Own more now. Trusted my life with this gun and always will. Ruger will forever be my 'go to' gun. They are like an AK. Not the classiest thing, often cumbersome, questionable accuracy(or so I keep hearing... rolleyes ), on the heavy side(pre-SR series), but they will always go BANG!
Springfield- GREAT .45s.
Sig- HOPE to own one one day!
S&W- Do not know anything about them.
Glock- Had 2 experiences w/them. Couldnt give me one.
Posted By: one73maro

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/15/14 05:39 AM

I would go with Glock first. Then a close second would be the P-series Sigs. I have either owned or shot the xd and a couple of Rugers. Never messed with the M&P but do have a Smithy 5906. It is heavy as a tank but a great shooter.
Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/15/14 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: okstatefan
Sig. Love the da/sa.

Yep, then an M&P 9. Springfield or Ruger in 1911 configuration
Sig DA/SA or DAK, both are saweeeet!
Posted By: TexasBassMan

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/16/14 02:35 PM

I have owned Sig and now have a Kimber. Kimber hands down is superior to Sig IMO. However if I were going to buy for concealed carry I would go with Glock. I wouldn't holster my Kimber.
Posted By: cheetah577

Re: Glock, Springfield, Sig, M&P, Ruger - 02/16/14 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas Heat
Glock for me, and I have owned all of the mentioned pistols.
+1
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum