Texas Hunting Forum

Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?!

Posted By: SaltyHunter

Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/04/14 02:04 PM

Has anyone found a dealer that is participating in Sig Sauers buy one get one?? For those who dont know, Sig has this promotion if you buy a 45 you get a 22 for free.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/04/14 02:31 PM

Saw that posted the other day. Heck of a deal if you are looking for a 45
Posted By: ColemanCty

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/04/14 05:09 PM

Abilene Indoor Gun Range is participating. They haven't received the pistols yet, but have them on order.
Posted By: fgdn

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/04/14 06:21 PM

kind of looked that deal over myself

do those seem like normal prices for the 45?

seemed kind of steep, but haven't been shopping for a sig in 45 either

if i remember correct there is a link to find a near dealer

Posted By: rentzington

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/04/14 06:57 PM

Been wondering who is participating myself

Buddy of mine wants a 1911 and that's a good deal
Posted By: Trip7

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/04/14 07:12 PM

Gander Mountain in Austin is participating dealer. Friend at work just bought his today at that store.
Posted By: deewayne2003

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/04/14 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Trip7
Gander Mountain in Austin is participating dealer. Friend at work just bought his today at that store.

For gander mountain prices you could buy them both out right!
Posted By: E-Tx

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/04/14 07:38 PM

How long are they running this deal? Was thinking of getting a Sig when I finish college this summer as a graduation gift. May have to pony up and get one early.
Posted By: jbd76266

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/04/14 07:46 PM

http://sigsauer.com/Promotions/CurrentPromotions.aspx

ends April 30th

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/04/14 08:00 PM

Awesome, maybe I can get my tax return and use it for it. Any good Sig dealers on the eastern side of DFW, Mesquite and east preferably?
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/04/14 09:23 PM

I wish I hadn't seen this. Dang it
Posted By: Wild Hog

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 01:34 AM

I was told that Academy was participating.
Posted By: DeRico

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 01:42 AM

Why must I have read this thread.
Posted By: janie

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: DeRico

Lol.

Because were suckers for punishment. Purely speculation but Sig is thinking wisely. My hunch is .22 pistols are slow movers currently. One marketing idea to kick it up a notch. Maybe???
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: janie

Lol.

Because were suckers for punishment. Purely speculation but Sig is thinking wisely. My hunch is .22 pistols are slow movers currently. One marketing idea to kick it up a notch. Maybe???

Bet you're right, Janie. I don't own a single Sig, and that's just wrong. I should make it right by getting two...

Not in the budget, dangit! I shouldn't have read this either!
Posted By: spoiled

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 03:47 AM

Lol.

probably slow movers due to lack of 22 on shelves!!
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 03:56 AM

Theres about to be a whole lot of identical 22 1911s in the classifieds.
Posted By: luvpigmeet

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 04:03 AM

Ya, I wouldn't buy at Gander. They tried to get me once on a discontinued black powder pistol. Called the dealer. Said they were over charging me.

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 04:35 AM

Lol.

There was a reason I got rid of my Sig mosquito. Dont know if im going to feel the same way with the 1911-22 but who knows.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 04:45 AM

Lol.

There was a reason I got rid of my Sig mosquito. Dont know if im going to feel the same way with the 1911-22 but who knows.

I bought a mosquito for my wife last month. It loves remmy green box. 250ish rounds w/ ZERO issues. It hates fed bulk high velocity though.
Posted By: 30378

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 01:53 PM

Does anyone know of "participating dealers" in the Houston area?
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
Theres about to be a whole lot of identical 22 1911s in the classifieds.

QFT roflmao
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 03:05 PM

I've been itching for a 1911. Crap and right around tax refund time.....well played Sig, well played.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Ox190
I've been itching for a 1911. Crap and right around tax refund time.....well played Sig, well played.

What is this "tax refund" you speak of?

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 06:40 PM

I gotta find a way to come up with the money. I've wanted the TacOps for a bit, and the 22 as a bonus would be great. Anyone wanna donate some $$ to the needy here?? banana

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 07:17 PM

Did anyone figure out which dealers are participating? I checked Sig's website, and it gives FFL's, but doesn't designate who's in/out on this.
Posted By: whtbeard

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/05/14 07:39 PM

I guess I shouldn't of dumped the e-mail from Sig. Then I could of looked up dealers for you guys/gals.

Just get so many emails

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/06/14 11:48 AM

If academy is participating this isn't such a bad deal since they carry the tacops and the 22 at a decent price

if its stores like cabelas and basspro, etc then it's not even worth it to me based on their prices
Posted By: RTF Rob

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/06/14 12:28 PM

FYI

Academy is participating, but they haven't received the 1911's yet, he told me 3 weeks out. Last night, as he read from the notice they were sent from Sig.

Oh, and they are all $1000 or more for the Sig 1911's wink

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/06/14 02:56 PM

Glad to hear Academy will be participating. Got a sales ad from Gander yesterday, that they are as well, but they are just so freaking over priced.
Posted By: Scary Poppins

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/06/14 07:04 PM

Hopefully you all buy one and the price of a used 1911-22 drops significantly

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/07/14 11:01 PM

Got an email saying that sig is stopping the promotion. Only giving out the first orders and not letting dealers reorder. Idk if I read that right or not.
Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/07/14 11:40 PM

Got an email saying that sig is stopping the promotion. Only giving out the first orders and not letting dealers reorder. Idk if I read that right or not.

Yep. They ran out. The VP of commercial sales sent a letter saying "The promotion has surpassed our highest expectations. Both our current and future supply of qualifying 1911 and 1911-22’s has been sold out."
Posted By: whtbeard

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/08/14 12:26 AM

To our valued SIG SAUER® Consumers:

As a result of the overwhelming demand for our recent 1911-22 promotion, we are announcing that allocation of these promotional packages has been fully committed. While promotional product will continue to flow into dealer locations throughout February and March, we will no longer be accepting dealer reorders. 

SIG SAUER would like to apologize for the confusion that this promotion has created in the marketplace. From the onset this was a limited supply promotion that was only available through participating dealers. Not all 1911’s and 1911-22’s in the marketplace are promotional firearms. Unfortunately, SIG SAUER is unable to identify participating dealers because the majority of the promotional packages were sold to distributors who service the national dealer network. We urge consumers to visit or call local dealers to determine if they are a participating dealer with promotional inventory available.

Again, SIG SAUER apologizes for the confusion that this promotion created and looks forward to continuing to provide the finest firearms available.

Sincerely,

Bill Silver
SIG SAUER, Inc.

VP Commercial Sales

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/08/14 12:39 AM

Well that sucks

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/08/14 01:14 AM

They are honoring the first orders but its not going to last until April. So when you see one for sale buy it to get the .22 free.
Posted By: sirmike75

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/09/14 06:28 PM

So if I'm at academy and there's a sig 1911 45
If I buy it I can get the 22 ???
Posted By: sirmike75

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/09/14 07:19 PM

So I called academy ... Dicks as usual they said there planning on getting more in 2 weeks but I have to check every day when they open ... This is the list of 1911 s
1911 Ultra TT (1911U-45-TSS)
1911 Compact C3 (1911CO-45-T-C3)
1911 Carry Nightmare (1911FCA-45-NMR)
1911 Tacops (1911R-45-TACOPS)
1911 Spartan (1911-45-SPARTAN)
1911 Stainless (1911R-45-SSS-CA)
Posted By: soje

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/10/14 07:08 PM

I was a little surprised when I saw the original add. That's a too good to be true kind of deal. It's no surprise they had to end it in just a few days. I got the same email about the promotion being cut off. I don't see how they couldn't foresee the surge it would create. Congrats to anyone who scored on this deal.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/11/14 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By: TexFlip
Originally Posted By: Ox190

What is this "tax refund" you speak of?
Posted By: 30378

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/11/14 02:38 PM

Deals like this tell me the economy is not that bad. Get the price right and they will come, money will flow!!
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/14/14 03:22 PM

Well I lucked out yesterday and the wife called carters country in spring and asked if they had any, well yes mam we just got 2 in. She had them hold one and rushed down and picked up the C3 compact and got the desert tan 22 for free. Kinda nice seeing the $0 on the invoive she said. Ill post some pics later when I open them up from the wife tonight but she sent me a teaser pic of them in the cases in the front seat. Ready to make it home.
Posted By: High Country 8

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/24/14 08:02 PM

Academy Sports in Lewisville has the buy one 1911 and get the .22 deal going on, I just picked one up. Cabela's also has the same deal and they have several in stock.
Posted By: Texas Heat

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 02/25/14 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: BBD84
Well I lucked out yesterday and the wife called carters country in spring and asked if they had any, well yes mam we just got 2 in. She had them hold one and rushed down and picked up the C3 compact and got the desert tan 22 for free. Kinda nice seeing the $0 on the invoive she said. Ill post some pics later when I open them up from the wife tonight but she sent me a teaser pic of them in the cases in the front seat. Ready to make it home.
What was the price on the C3?
Posted By: chalet

Re: Sig Sauer buy one get one?!?! - 03/24/14 03:22 PM

PSA deal. $899 plus shipping.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/sig-sauer-1911-combo-deal-1911co-45-t-c3-1911-22-b.html
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum