Texas Hunting Forum

Night Sights

Posted By: E-Tx

Night Sights - 12/13/13 06:54 PM

Looking for some input on night sights to put on my XDs. Also anyone that can install them on the eastern side of DFW would be great.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Night Sights - 12/13/13 10:20 PM

I use the TFO so they are tritium at night but fiber optic in the day light. Love them.
Posted By: tromix8

Re: Night Sights - 12/13/13 10:52 PM

There a bunch of good brands on night sights, meprolight, ameriglo, trijcon, tru glo, etc. The XD rear sight is the problem as they are put in there extremely tight and some gun smiths wont touch them. However, I did watch a youtube video on removal and some guy did a pretty quick job using an air hammer. I've changed a bunch of sights on different guns and it really worked pretty well. If its not something you want to attempt on your own there are several good smiths in the area. Jay who works for SPS Guns in Carrollton, Doc at Doc's guns in Carrollton, and there is a new gunsmith at the new Frisco Gun Club.
Posted By: 100%TEXAN

Re: Night Sights - 12/13/13 10:59 PM

I went with these on my XD and had them installed by a forum member.

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=SP101Y
Posted By: boonee

Re: Night Sights - 12/13/13 11:40 PM

2x on the TFOs. I have them are on my every day Glock 19, I have Meprolights on my Glock 34, and Trijcon on my Sig 220. Call Bakes Smoking Guns in Terrell, (972-563-0041) talk with Jerry the gunsmith. Tell them I sent you. (maybe they will not charge you extra) coffee
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum