Texas Hunting Forum

Timney vs. Jewell?

Posted By: East

Timney vs. Jewell? - 11/20/13 02:07 PM

What are your thoughts? Or are there some others to be considered I am missing
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Timney vs. Jewell? - 11/20/13 02:19 PM

What are you putting it in? A good gunsmith can tune a factory remington trigger for a lot less money to break just as nice as the high dollar drop ins, at least mine has for me.

I have a Geiselle (sp?) SSA in my AR, and I like it a lot. Might look at them

Re: Timney vs. Jewell? - 11/20/13 02:37 PM

Sorry Remmy 700
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Timney vs. Jewell? - 11/20/13 02:41 PM

Go timney to save the $. You won't notice the extra $ in a hunting situation. Take that $100 and buy ammo or other components
Posted By: NewJeep

Re: Timney vs. Jewell? - 11/20/13 02:52 PM

Go aftermarket trigger a lot safer. Timney is good.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Timney vs. Jewell? - 11/20/13 03:00 PM

I have a Jewell in my 700 and it's perfect.

Having said that I have a Rifle Basix in my Nosler and like it a lot as well. Timney is good as well.
Posted By: hermano W

Re: Timney vs. Jewell? - 11/20/13 03:03 PM

Jewell is a Texas product, and is excellent. It is a very simple installation, and can be adjusted to suit your preference. Cost will soon be forgotten, while quality will remain for as long as you have the weapon.
Posted By: rvrrat14

Re: Timney vs. Jewell? - 11/20/13 03:08 PM

Timney in my 700 6mm. Breaks at 2.5. GREAT TRIGGER you can do yourself.
Posted By: dee

Re: Timney vs. Jewell? - 11/20/13 03:21 PM

I have both and like them equally. Another option is just as good is the Shilen triggers.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Timney vs. Jewell? - 11/20/13 04:57 PM

Have both jewell and timney.

I like the shoe better on the jewell, but that's getting pretty nick picky. Can't go wrong with either
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Timney vs. Jewell? - 11/20/13 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: East
Sorry Remmy 700

Don't apologize to them. It's their fault for making a terrible trigger. You didn't do it.

I just like the value of the timney. I figured my shooting skills was not good enough to notice the small difference but my feelings would be hurt by the price difference.
Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Re: Timney vs. Jewell? - 11/20/13 06:56 PM

Never used Jewell, but I really like my Timneys

Re: Timney vs. Jewell? - 11/21/13 01:25 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I didn't know if there was some drastic reason to spend 100 more. I dont plan on hitting plates at 1000 yards just yet. Timney it is up
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Timney vs. Jewell? - 11/21/13 02:18 AM

Jewell is an excellent product. I re-trigger all my rifles with the Jewell. It makes it easier to set the weight that you want. If I am shooting a rifle, I typically like a 1 pound trigger. I recently gave my son one of my rifles and was able to increase the trigger weight up so it wasn't too light by tightening the screw. If a gunsmith works the original trigger to a weight for me, I can't later change it and still end up replacing it if I sell a gun or loan it to my son to shoot.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum