Texas Hunting Forum

Kudos to Sig Sauer...

Posted By: JGilbert

Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/25/13 08:51 PM

For those who don't remember, my Custom Shop Sig 1911 was choking on any ammo I tried. It had 3 FTFs when I encountered that huge hog in July. Well, I shipped it back to them at their expense, they honed and polished it out. Had my first chance to take it to the range - It ate everything I put it in it, Not one jam! I sighted it back in and here we go: 20 yards on Police Trainer - forget the chest, I aim for the head.

Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/25/13 10:10 PM

NICE
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/25/13 10:25 PM

Nice. up
Posted By: theserxtremedays

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/25/13 10:29 PM

That is a thing of beauty the target looks pretty well dead too.
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/25/13 10:29 PM

Wow 20y!! You're a good shot man.
Posted By: IHateFeralPigs

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/25/13 10:46 PM

Did Sig ever tell you what was wrong with your pistol?

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/25/13 10:51 PM

Thanks for the kind words. I am very happy with my sig. I can't say that I shot any better with my Wilson Combat than I do with this Sig.

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/25/13 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: IHateFeralPigs
Did Sig ever tell you what was wrong with your pistol?

No, and although that frustrated me a bit, from talking with other people I think it is par for the course. I don't know if they don't want to admit what was wrong, or if theyre worried about liability or lost $$ on range time or what.

When I sent it off, I slipped some $$ into the mag well of the gun along w/ a note to the gunsmith. I think that may have helped too!!!
Posted By: Capt. Andrew

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/25/13 11:57 PM

I had one that did the same thing. I took it back to my dealer and he tested it too. Sig ended up building me the same gun in the custom shop and it was great
Posted By: jlbain94

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/26/13 01:42 AM

That is a sweet looking gun.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/26/13 03:40 AM

You have one hole not touching the others. What the heck man? Just kiddin. Sweet looking piece ya to there!
Posted By: Texas Heat

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/26/13 05:06 AM

Nice man! I really like the Sig 1911's!
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/26/13 05:27 AM

Very nice...
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/26/13 06:14 AM

Nice
Posted By: janie

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/26/13 12:59 PM

That's some darn fine shootin pardner! Beautiful pistol.
Posted By: soje

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/27/13 10:43 PM

Man, you want to completely remove the head. Nice shots. That's a good looking piece. I like the idea of a note, and some cash in the mag well.
Posted By: bluelund79

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/27/13 11:07 PM

Outstanding shooting, and glad to hear Sig take care of you, however, they should with the amount paid for that firearm. Nice looking 45!
Posted By: themoonrulz

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/28/13 04:08 PM

What did you say in the note? It was generous of you to slip the gunsmith some money but there was a problem with their product, they should have slipped you some money!
Posted By: o2bwest

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/29/13 12:14 PM

Sig makes fine weapons. I'm glad they took care of you.
Posted By: HighPriest

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 09/30/13 11:03 PM

Nice

Re: Kudos to Sig Sauer... - 10/01/13 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: themoonrulz
What did you say in the note? It was generous of you to slip the gunsmith some money but there was a problem with their product, they should have slipped you some money!
You may be right moon, but tipping the gunsmith is a very small gamble that can really payoff. Also, I wanted the gunsmith to be "invested" in working over my firearm, rather than being just another 1911 in a box on the table to be tested before lunch break. A personal note and some cash can certainly make it a point of professional pride for the gunsmith, and more personal to him, since he knows a bit of the story behind the gun and owner. Or that was my thought anyway!

The note said basically this:

CustomShop gunsmith: This is my first Sig and I am constantly embarrassed at the Gun Club. Other members have shot it, trying all kinds of ammo, w/ continual FTFs. I may have expected too much since I only owned Kimber/Wilson Combats previously, but I'd heard good things about the Custom Shop's Sigs...I really like the look of the gun. I really don't want to trade this off, but if it continues to have failures, I will have to dump Sig. Please make it work for me if you can. (Name and Cell ph#)
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum