Texas Hunting Forum

Shot my second hand PPS today...

Posted By: Medic218

Shot my second hand PPS today... - 09/21/13 05:27 AM

LOVED IT!!!

I couldn't believe how well it shot for such a small gun!

250 flawless rounds with only a few failures for the slide to lock back on the last round. Could have been limp wristing towards the end of the session as I don't specifically recall the issue happening when we first started shooting and my buddy didn't have any issues with the slide not wanting to lock back.

I think getting rid of my P238 for it was a great decision and I won't look back.
So glad to have this pistol. Now I just need to get my carry ammo run though it so I can feel comfortable carrying it.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Shot my second hand PPS today... - 09/21/13 04:56 PM

What was wrong with the 238? Thats a sweet little carry gun!

Re: Shot my second hand PPS today... - 09/21/13 05:00 PM

Just too small in my hand and I wasn't very good with it.
Posted By: Chris42

Re: Shot my second hand PPS today... - 09/21/13 10:49 PM

How does the size compare? I'd consider the sig 238 to be a true pocket pistol. Would you think that of the PPS?

Re: Shot my second hand PPS today... - 09/22/13 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris42
How does the size compare? I'd consider the sig 238 to be a true pocket pistol. Would you think that of the PPS?
The PPS is on par with the XDs and the Shield so I personally wouldn't consider it a pocket pistol unless I was wearing some cargo shorts or something. Definitely not in jeans.
I think I love this pistol. For its size it's a very natural feel in the hand and it's almost POA/POI shooting for me.
I had the PPQ before this one and that's a fine pistol too. I think I might be a new Walther loyalist.
Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: Shot my second hand PPS today... - 09/23/13 03:23 AM

worthless

popcorn

Re: Shot my second hand PPS today... - 09/23/13 07:12 PM

Ok, ok RWH. Here you go sir.

Turns out we're both into craft beer. I added some ammo to the deal and I got this

Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: Shot my second hand PPS today... - 09/24/13 03:48 AM

Ain't that sweet!

Nice pics, Now that's what I'm talking about! up clap
Posted By: toolman

Re: Shot my second hand PPS today... - 09/24/13 04:32 AM

Schweet! FWIW, I can't remember the name of it, but the brown-label Real Ale is pretty awesome. Almost has a chocolate taste to it.

Re: Shot my second hand PPS today... - 09/24/13 07:21 PM

Ha, they got real creative with that one. It's their Brown Ale.

Re: Shot my second hand PPS today... - 09/25/13 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: toolman
Schweet! FWIW, I can't remember the name of it, but the brown-label Real Ale is pretty awesome. Almost has a chocolate taste to it.

Here you go sir!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum