Texas Hunting Forum

Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO!

Posted By: DeRico

Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/12/13 06:55 PM

Please post some opinions, stories, hateful stories, etc. Myself(and others maybe) would like to hear what current/previous owners would like to say.

I've got my eyeball on a couple items they make and since they are on an awesome tier like Noveske(IMO) I would like to hear some opinions before I bring a WC professional shotgun or SBR tact. in 300blk.

THANKS!
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/12/13 07:03 PM

Love
I have 3 WC products
AR15 with both a 5.56 and 6.8 upper
Spec Ops 9
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/12/13 07:06 PM

Wislon uses a tight/match chamber for their 300 blk out. Getting it to chamber and feed sometimes is an issue. I, personally, don't like tight/match chambers in an AR platform. Otherwise, good rifles and shoot very well.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/12/13 07:14 PM

Only experience I've ever had with WC (besides mags) was I got to fondle a WC 1911 at the range one time. It was the slickest 1911 I have ever held. Racking the slide felt amazing felt like the slide was riding on butter very smooth. I didn't get to shoot it, but figured it would have been great too.
Posted By: robbf213

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/12/13 08:04 PM

Love my two pistols, no experience with the AR's. The quality I'm sure would be on par with the best out there. Supergrade in .38 super and CQB in .45 acp are my two.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/12/13 08:05 PM

The CQB 45 was the one I handled.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/12/13 08:43 PM

Similar to others, no experience with AR's. But if they're any bit as close to their 1911's, then there are no worries I would think. Well maybe except the one list by Chad. Their 1911's are super tight too.

It still annoys me that I shoot my buddy's WC CQB better than my full sized Kimber.
Posted By: tannerlst

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/12/13 10:33 PM

My Wilson barrel'd 300blk ar pistol ran awesome .....
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/12/13 11:07 PM

Buddy just had to send his 6.8 upper in for feeding issues. I don't know the final say.

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/12/13 11:20 PM

Okay cool so I'm hearing good reviews about em, has anybody ran into any feeding issues like Chad is mentioning above?

I am going to be putting all the subsonic ammo I can find down the tube. Possibly shooting supers as well.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/12/13 11:49 PM

Had a WC 300 blk barrel that worked perfectly. But I got over the 300blk caliber pretty quickly and sold the upper.

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/13/13 12:04 AM

I had a feeding issue with my 6..8 after a few years and lots of rounds.
A quick conversation and I had a new extractor, springs and pin a few days later, no charge.

Problem fixed.
They offered to ha e me send it in but I was confident it was an extractor issue and wanted just the parts.. No problem.

Me and my oldest son got to spend a few days hunting with Bill about 4 years ago.
Super nice guy and a major hunter.
His workshop where he did handloading was like a surgical unit.

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/13/13 12:20 AM

That's sweet ccoker, so you've had some good customer service as well! That's good to hear man.

I'm stuck on the Noveske bandwagon and I have my first rifle finally now just trying to find another kickass company.

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/13/13 12:31 AM

Both are top notch rifles backed by a company known for excellent customer service. To me the people running the company and hiring good people that strive for excellence mean a lot..

If I have a problem I expect it to be taken are of quickly with zero hassle or [censored].

You can't go wrong either way.
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/13/13 12:42 AM

I am an owner of a Wilson Combat SuperGrade Compact 1911 .45
since 2004
Everything about the gun is top notch, fit, finish

the slide is hand fitted to the receiver, absolutely no
slack, tight lock up and perfectly balanced in the hand.
IMO you can't go wrong with a WC

Don't own a WC AR but I built an AR in 6.8 SPC using
RUGER SR556 upper (piston), YHM lower, Magpul UBR and Daniel
Defense small parts, Ruger uppers come close to a WC quality
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/13/13 02:11 AM

I have 4 Wilson Combats:

M4 shots lights out, in my little girls hands it has accounted for more bulls eyes and lbs of meat than I care to remember.

Protector 1911 45 ACP, when I die it goes in the box with me.

1911/22 Wilson made a few back around 2000, I have no idea how many rounds have been shoot through it, but it always goes to the range and everyone wants to shoot it.

Hunter 1911 10mm, accounts for 9 dead hogs this year and a 150 yard hit on an 8 inch gong.

Wilson Combat is one of the top gun makers in the US. There is no way to go wrong with one....
Posted By: NTXBowfisher

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/13/13 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: tannerlst
My Wilson barrel'd 300blk ar pistol ran awesome .....

mine as well, tack driver

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/14/13 03:03 AM

Awesome to hear all the awesome stuff about wc, I'm excited to get my first product now like I was for noveske.
Posted By: rustytxrx

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/14/13 03:24 AM

I bought myself a 10mm Hunter for my 70th birthday. I can not believe I lived 70 years without one. smile
Posted By: CattleCommander

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/16/13 06:03 AM

My ar-15 has an 18 inch WC barrel on a rock river upper and BCG and the accuracy is TERRIBLE! Very unimpressed. Won't group any ammo on the broad side of a barn.
Posted By: Corey Douglas

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/16/13 03:30 PM

I can tell you this, if you buy a Wilson Combat you are buying a high quality firearm. My problem with the company is I don't feel I should have to reach into my life savings to buy a reliable firearm.
Posted By: Texas Heat

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/17/13 01:44 AM

Wilson makes a good product, their pistols are great. I have ran a couple hundred rounds through one of their AR's, a Recon, and it ran great. Only issue is it would not lock back on an empty mag.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/18/13 05:59 AM

Originally Posted By: KRoyal
Only experience I've ever had with WC (besides mags) was I got to fondle a WC 1911 at the range one time. It was the slickest 1911 I have ever held. Racking the slide felt amazing felt like the slide was riding on butter very smooth. I didn't get to shoot it, but figured it would have been great too.

If you would put a little Wilson/Enos Slide Glide on your pistols they might feel a tad smoother. clap Sorry, you left the door wide open, I couldn't resist.

Hunt around long enough and you will find some Wilson detractors, just like Clark or Brown. But they make a fine pistol, don't know about their rifles.
Posted By: Noveske33

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/20/13 01:22 AM

Tack driver
Posted By: Piper354

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/20/13 04:40 PM

I like their .45 mags.

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/21/13 02:53 AM

Oh man I'm gonna end up wanting to sell a few things to pay for this WC SBR I've been eyeing haha.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 08/21/13 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: DeRico
Oh man I'm gonna end up wanting to sell a few things to pay for this WC SBR I've been eyeing haha.

Have you sold your soul yet? If not, I'll give you $20. That'll get you a little closer and I can always use a spare soul.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Wilson Combat - LOVE or HATE thread...GO! - 09/07/13 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: jeeperbryan
Originally Posted By: DeRico

Have you sold your soul yet? If not, I'll give you $20. That'll get you a little closer and I can always use a spare soul.

Been wondering who I was competing with lately. flame
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum