Texas Hunting Forum

Latest truck gun

Posted By: Brownwood

Latest truck gun - 07/22/13 03:58 PM

Because I love tinkering with old beater guns, seem to end up with a lot of hog and truck guns. here's my latest, a type 53 Chinese m44 Mosy clone. I picked this up for a little over a C note with ammo and cleaning kit. Bore and headspace were perfect but the stock looked like it had been thru several wars (because it had). The rifle shot a clover leaf 3 shot group, all holes touching, at 40 yards so I detoxed, repaired and refinished the stock. Final finish was Rustoleum brown texture. I want to shoot her at 75 or 100 yards and then decide if she's worthy of a bent bolt handle and scope.

It still has the bayonet for charging hogs! smile
Posted By: lharrell79

Re: Latest truck gun - 07/22/13 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Brownwood

It still has the bayonet for charging hogs! smile

Or, for the 21 foot rule.
Posted By: watchale

Re: Latest truck gun - 07/22/13 08:45 PM

I would like to get a few older rifles. Pretty cool holding and wondering what all its been through huh?
Posted By: Mister Sir

Re: Latest truck gun - 07/23/13 01:54 AM

I got one of those T53s and it is fun to shoot including a 2 foot flame ball when you shoot it. your is nice ya did good on it.
Posted By: thedoveshooter

Re: Latest truck gun - 07/23/13 03:31 AM

I'm a big fan of those old milsurps....but I refuse to alter them from their original configuration. To each his own though; its your rifle.

Buy the ammo while its still cheap!
Posted By: Brownwood

Re: Latest truck gun - 07/23/13 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: thedoveshooter
I'm a big fan of those old milsurps....but I refuse to alter them from their original configuration. To each his own though; its your rifle.

Buy the ammo while its still cheap!

Yeah, I'm with you most of the time. This old stock was just to far gone. I had to ad 3 different pieces of wood to get it back in shape. Having said that, All of the markings etc are still protected under the paint and some paint remover could put her back in a few hours.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum