Texas Hunting Forum

Vortex Rifle Scopes

Posted By: stylesp

Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/09/13 06:02 PM

Thoughts? Looking into getting one, need advice.
Posted By: RICK O'SHAY

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/09/13 06:20 PM

I'm pretty sure I know what most of the other guy will say, but I have 2 and think they're great!

Check SWFA for good prices!

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/09/13 06:25 PM

thanks man.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/09/13 06:27 PM

I've got several friends that shoot long range with the Viper PST line or Razor line and they love them. One of them talked me into getting a Viper PST 6-24 Mil/Mil for a 7 Rem Mag build. I'm going to trust their judgement and go with it. The Vortex glass I've looked through has all been top notch.
Posted By: RH422

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/09/13 06:43 PM

Have three, Crossfire II, Diamondback and Viper, all great scopes and one of the best values in optics you can find!

Would highly recommend and the warranty is second to none!!
Posted By: Aquaman

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/09/13 06:54 PM

Great scopes. I've had three of the pst scopes and they're awesome
Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/09/13 07:09 PM

BUY IT!!!!
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/09/13 07:11 PM

Buy with confidence
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/09/13 07:34 PM

Could you be more specific about your plans/needs. Going to hunt varmints at night or shoot cans/turtles on weekends or hunt trophy animals in Yukon?
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/10/13 12:14 AM

I just bought my first Vortex. Got a Viper PST 6-24 FFP Mil/Mil. Really like all the features for the $. The glass is ok, not as good as my Zeiss Conquest but Id say about the same as my Trijicon Accupoint. Thats just my eyes though.
Posted By: centxshooter

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/10/13 12:25 AM

Have a Viper sitting ontop of my 6.5x284 and its a perfect match.
Posted By: gator1332

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/10/13 01:54 AM

My brother has a Viper. Great scopes, don't know why I haven't got one yet.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/10/13 03:09 AM

Got a Viper a couple of weeks ago for my 308, love it so far
Posted By: Adelbridge

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/10/13 04:10 AM

i just placed my order for my 4th one a couple hours ago. They compare well to Nikon and Leupold and I have run mine side by side against Leupold/Nikon/Bushnell Elite at last light and they are as good. I even dropped my Crossfire II out of a tree stand and watched it land on the scope, it was scraped up and knocked off zero but I sighted it back in and all was well again. I love Weaver and Burris as well but I keep coming back to Vortex because of features and price. The Vbrite reticle is incredible on hogs at night and compares to Leupold Firedot for a fraction of the price.
Posted By: Stoney

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/10/13 06:34 AM

Originally Posted By: blackcoal
Could you be more specific about your plans/needs. Going to hunt varmints at night or shoot cans/turtles on weekends or hunt trophy animals in Yukon?

I have no idea why this is even relevant. Are you saying you have experience they do not work in Colorado or Alaska or the Yukon? It amazes me how people who have never owned a product are experts regardless.

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/10/13 09:07 PM

I'm just going to use it to hunt deer, hogs and yotes. I have a burris on my primary rifle, so I'm just looking for something at a good price with a higher magnification than the standard 3x9 and Vortex 4x12 and higer are very reasonably priced compared to other brands. I appreciate all the feedback, looks like I will be a Vortex owner.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/11/13 02:14 AM

Get a Viper model
Posted By: Plano_guy

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/12/13 11:50 AM

Any good places to buy one? Thanks
Posted By: dawaba

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/12/13 12:08 PM

www.cameralandny.com. Talk to Doug or Neil. They're big supporters of hunting and sponsor several outdoor forums.
Posted By: RH422

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/12/13 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Get a Viper model

Here is the link to specials on Vortex

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...x_R#Post4097597
Posted By: furdown

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/12/13 03:09 PM

MidwayUSA, SWFA. Midway has an exclusive 5-15 for 499
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/12/13 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: dawaba
www.cameralandny.com. Talk to Doug or Neil. They're big supporters of hunting and sponsor several outdoor forums.
And hey the inclome taxes they have to pay on your purchase go to support the New York State Anti-Gun administration. Why any gun owenr would spend a dime in the state of New York is beyond me. I don't care how good of a guy Doug is. Keep your money in Texas and call Skylar at SWFA.
Posted By: mustafa

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/12/13 03:32 PM

add remington to the list. bolt I have ordered several things from cameraland and have never had issues, cant say that about SWFA
Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald
Originally Posted By: dawaba
And hey the inclome taxes they have to pay on your purchase go to support the New York State Anti-Gun administration. Why any gun owenr would spend a dime in the state of New York is beyond me. I don't care how good of a guy Doug is. Keep your money in Texas and call Skylar at SWFA.
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/12/13 04:50 PM

No prblem with that haven't bought a Remmy ince the late 80s.

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/12/13 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Good point
Posted By: c141

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/12/13 10:16 PM

Got one for my Ar-10 at SWFA and could not be happier with the scope. Great deal for the money IMO

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/13/13 01:00 PM

would you post the address of that website? thanks
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/13/13 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: mustafa
add remington to the list. bolt I have ordered several things from cameraland and have never had issues, cant say that about SWFA

I'll stick up for SWFA.
I did one time have an issue with an order, but it was because I hit the wrong. I got on the phone and talked to a real person and they took care of it real quick like. Another time I order a scope first thing Monday morning and I had it in my hand before lunch on Wednesday and I didn't pay any sort of expedited shipping.

This is not to say anything about Camerland, but just that I've had nothing but positive experiences with SWFA.

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/13/13 10:22 PM

Found Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 on CameraLandNY at $279.99 (no taxes and free shipping), ordered!

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/13/13 11:42 PM

Just a head's up to the San Antonio crowd, Gun Shack just became a Vortex dealer.
Posted By: Skylar Mac

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/14/13 09:12 PM

Congrats on your new scope. I think you will really like that one.

We offer coupons for THF members and offer great deals as well.
Posted By: vanguard

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/14/13 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Varget 7-08
Just a head's up to the San Antonio crowd, Gun Shack just became a Vortex dealer.

where is this shack you speak of

Re: Vortex Rifle Scopes - 03/15/13 01:47 AM

It's actually in Helotes. 15241 Bandera Rd. 78023. 2.75 miles outside of 1604 on the left hand side. Just past El Chaparral.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum