Texas Hunting Forum

My new tack driver

Posted By: BA223

My new tack driver - 01/27/13 04:31 PM

Seems like everybody has a "tack driver." So, I went out and got one, too... Never knew what I was missing until I got this thing home.
Posted By: tth_40

Re: My new tack driver - 01/27/13 04:45 PM

Ahh, a "sub caliber". NICE!

I've been looking for one of those for a long time, but here lately the prices have quadrupled and ya gotta stand in line at the 'Depot waiting for the next shipment. And forget about ammo, IMPOSSIBLE to get with all the hoarding going on.

Y'all better get 'em while ya can. I hear they are #71 on the ban list! lol35
Posted By: timbertoes

Re: My new tack driver - 01/27/13 05:42 PM

great stock on it, much better than a synthetic.
whatever you do, dont sell it!
Posted By: SR025

Re: My new tack driver - 01/27/13 05:43 PM

lol444

Re: My new tack driver - 01/27/13 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: timbertoes
great stock on it, much better than a synthetic.
whatever you do, dont sell it!

Thanks. Yeah, I prefer the look of the wood. And the checkering is impeccable. This thing is much better than that old claw hammer I'd been swinging.

She's a keeper!
Posted By: wheeling_hunter

Re: My new tack driver - 01/27/13 06:48 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Hooligan

Re: My new tack driver - 01/27/13 06:48 PM

I like that you went with the tradition/stainless instead of going for the tacticool version.

Can't wait for the range report!
Posted By: donswin

Re: My new tack driver - 01/27/13 07:27 PM

Nice looking, but those things have mashed more thumbs than the M-1 ever dreamed of. Be careful with it.
Posted By: rustytxrx

Re: My new tack driver - 01/27/13 11:31 PM

I am sorry. I much prefer the gas operated. High capacity of course. I think you use a clip in them

[img]http://s1340.beta.photobucket.com/user/r...html#collapse_2[/img]
Posted By: duckhunter76

Re: My new tack driver - 01/27/13 11:57 PM

Is that an assault Tack Driver?
How many tacks can it drive in one minute?
Posted By: kmon11

Re: My new tack driver - 01/27/13 11:58 PM

like that tack driver, much more efficient than all the other tack drivers that have been posted in the past.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: My new tack driver - 01/28/13 12:54 AM

Protect the magnet, once it loses its holding ability they are worse than a zipgun.
Posted By: contactcr

Re: My new tack driver - 01/28/13 01:05 AM

Expensive hobby, first thing you know you will be buying belts and holsters and casting your own tacks.

Re: My new tack driver - 01/28/13 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
like that tack driver, much more efficient than all the other tack drivers that have been posted in the past.

YES! Very efficient. I just can't believe how simple driving tacks is with this one. I tore up the butt stock on many a good rifle trying to drive tacks...never could quite get 'em to go. But this thing...this thing is the right tool for the job.
Posted By: HBone

Re: My new tack driver - 01/28/13 01:29 AM

Do you want to sell just the handle? Been looking for one like that for weeks.
Posted By: Tye

Re: My new tack driver - 01/28/13 02:33 AM

I bet it has better than a 1/2" MOA....
Posted By: Marc K

Re: My new tack driver - 01/28/13 01:09 PM

She's a beauty - don't screw it up by going all tacticool with with it!
Posted By: red bluff

Re: My new tack driver - 01/28/13 02:14 PM

beautiful model what scope rings does it take.
Posted By: Wader

Re: My new tack driver - 01/28/13 07:53 PM

Looking forward to a range report. I have always heard that tack drivers were accurate, but I have thumbs and fingers that beg to differ. Could be user error though, I just hate inside corners... hammer

Re: My new tack driver - 01/29/13 02:20 AM

Range report: More than satisfied with equipment. I started out with just your normal "run of the mill" thumbtacks. First five were impressive, with the only flyer being completely my fault.

Five more, with better breathing control on my part, and I was well on my way. The next five I was feeling pretty much like a badarse, so I tried left handed. No difference in the performance of the equipment with either hand, only difference was the man behind the tool.

By the end of my session, I had progressed to small brad nails, with hardly a hint of a head on them. NO PROBLEM. Firmly planted them all as quickly as I could get back on target. This, my friends...is a tack driver, by all definitions.

And stop with the PM's...it's not for sale. Although I might trade her for one of those cool semi auto carbine rifles that are often mistakenly described as being able to handle the task of driving tacks. AR is it? Something like that... Plus cash on your part, of course.

Don't be jealous fellas... Thanks!
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: My new tack driver - 01/29/13 02:23 AM

Will it hammer sub MOA?
Posted By: Tye

Re: My new tack driver - 01/29/13 02:55 AM

Don't forget to add a suppressor. There is a guy on here that will thread the end for $50. I would suggest a high density rubber compound. If you have different sizes of tack drivers, pick the largest suppressor and just buy adaptors for the smaller tack drivers.
Posted By: tx outlaw

Re: My new tack driver - 01/29/13 03:08 AM

Very nice I'd put a red dot on it personally but still nice stick.
Posted By: KHH

Re: My new tack driver - 01/29/13 03:54 AM

I have a ball-pein upper Ill part with, It works great when you really wana put the hit on something.
Posted By: Kevin1

Re: My new tack driver - 01/29/13 05:33 AM

I've upgraded mine with an AICS tactical handle. But since the upgrade, I'm too effraid to scratch it. So I don't use it anymore. I just look at it and post pics on forums.

Instead, and for everyday work, I only use my side by side

Posted By: rsalaud

Re: My new tack driver - 02/01/13 03:31 AM

I prefer a low-recoil hammer.
Posted By: Vern1

Re: My new tack driver - 02/01/13 01:24 PM

Yeah, it's traditional with wood furniture and all but it's still a "Mouse Hammer" and only does low power loads.

But that little one will give you an "oh crap" moment if you miss the intended target and hit the holding fingers....
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: My new tack driver - 02/01/13 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: BA223
Seems like everybody has a "tack driver." So, I went out and got one, too... Never knew what I was missing until I got this thing home.

I like the grips.
Posted By: donswin

Re: My new tack driver - 02/01/13 03:54 PM

Is that a flash suppressor or silencer on the end of the barrel?

It looks bad a$$.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: My new tack driver - 02/01/13 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Kevin1
I've upgraded mine with an AICS tactical handle. But since the upgrade, I'm too effraid to scratch it. So I don't use it anymore. I just look at it and post pics on forums.

Instead, and for everyday work, I only use my side by side

clap
Posted By: kidde

Re: My new tack driver - 02/01/13 11:07 PM

It is a beauty. Sadly, all I can drive with one is "finger"nails. If Second Chance made Kevlar gloves I'd be willing to try another. Until then just call me "Lefty".
Posted By: Wallhanger

Re: My new tack driver - 02/02/13 01:38 AM

Wow open sights to boot
Posted By: no catch

Re: My new tack driver - 02/03/13 08:41 PM

Will it drive tacs "all day long"? A lot of other people claim their factory one will do this!!
Posted By: Ag Hunter 78

Re: My new tack driver - 02/04/13 09:36 PM

I've got some custom reloads I'll sell you for it. They come with the extra large "one strike" primers.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum