Texas Hunting Forum

kel tec vs sccy

Posted By: brandonbyn07

kel tec vs sccy - 01/23/13 08:33 PM

looking for a cheap 9mm that I can easily carry.I was leaning towards the kel tec pf9 but have heard good things on the sccy cpx2 as well. anyone have good/bad experiences with these guns?
Posted By: DeerSlayer31

Re: kel tec vs sccy - 01/23/13 08:43 PM

Carry the keltec pf9 everyday. Great carry gun not a range gun.
Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: kel tec vs sccy - 01/23/13 08:59 PM

Kel-Tec
Posted By: jskin

Re: kel tec vs sccy - 01/23/13 09:18 PM

Had a SCCY 9 but never shot it! Fist full of hell lol!
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: kel tec vs sccy - 01/23/13 09:27 PM

I carry the kel tec .380.. as stated above, great carry, not a great range gun..
NOt sure on the price for a sccy, but for less than $250 for the kel tec and good quality, im not too concerned about tearing it up.
Posted By: Ox190

Re: kel tec vs sccy - 01/23/13 10:06 PM

I've shot a SCCY, no thanks.
Posted By: PonchoMike

Re: kel tec vs sccy - 01/23/13 10:09 PM

I have a SCCY CPX-2 and I really like it. Less than $300 out the door at my local joint. It shoots well enough for a DAO gun. Build quality is nice for its price range and comes with 2 mags w/flat and pinky extension floorplates for both mags as opposed to all others in its range which come with only 1 mag. It also has a lifetime warranty that goes with the gun not the original owner. I bought it for a pistol to always keep in the car. Cheap, shoots well, if it gets stolen no biggie, I'm not in it for a lot of scratch.
Posted By: RAS831

Re: kel tec vs sccy - 01/24/13 02:02 AM

I haven't shot the sccy yet, but it feels better to me and I can see the sights better. Have looked at both.
Posted By: KC

Re: kel tec vs sccy - 01/24/13 03:02 AM

Never played with a SCCY but I am a happy Kel Tec P11 owner. Very easy to carry, not much wider than their single stack offering, and not terribly unpleasant to shoot once you learn to manipulate the trigger.
Posted By: txd33rhunt3r

Re: kel tec vs sccy - 01/24/13 03:26 AM

I own a cpx-2 sccy as well and I like it. Like PonchoMike says its not a range gun to be sure but i like it for keeping in the truck and im not worried if it gets stolen or beat up. i have about 400 down the pipe of mine and havent had a ftf or fte yet and have fed tula through winchester in it. This was my first gun with a DAO trigger but once I got used to that its pretty accurate as well. Grips are nice and i have the pinky extensions on the mag. Sights are decent and I gave less than $200 new on GB for it.

Re: kel tec vs sccy - 01/24/13 03:47 AM

well thanks for the input.I guess I'll base my decision on which I can find a better deal on by the end of the weekend. hoping to find one at the gun show here in the Lewisville this weekend.But regardless of the gun I get I'm eager to test it out and hope I like it
Posted By: BigPig

Re: kel tec vs sccy - 01/24/13 04:42 AM

Never heard of SCCY until this post, I have owned a few KelTec 380/PF9/PF11 and have liked them all. But im curious and want I get my hands on one of these. Where is there a dealer around Garland?

Re: kel tec vs sccy - 01/24/13 05:24 AM

thf user, 4K Firearms, said he ordered 10 in two tone and was selling them for $314 with tax. he is located in Arlington but he is still waiting for them to ship. I may wait on one if I cant find any deals this weekend or online on a pf9
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum