Texas Hunting Forum

Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one.

Posted By: Hogfan1

Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/07/12 11:32 PM

I have a Springfield Lightweight Champion Operator (4" 1911 with rail). I just returned a Galco KingTuk that was supposed to fit 4" 1911's with rails but it didn't fit it to my liking.

Any ideas for new ones? I've made a thread about this before I think but oh well.

Should I just bite the bullet and get the CROSSBREED SUPERTUCK?
Posted By: grasshopperglock

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/07/12 11:43 PM

You need to hit a store that has them in stock. I never could figure out how my father in law could buy boots through the mail. I gotta try them on.
Posted By: DallasShootingSupplies

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/07/12 11:53 PM

I use Comptac, they are made in texas and are crazy comfortable.

Crossbreed is awesome though.
Posted By: rentzington

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/08/12 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: DallasShootingSupplies
I use Comptac, they are made in texas and are crazy comfortable.

Crossbreed is awesome though.

Yup comp tac is great and it doesn't take weeks to get the holster
Posted By: MR5Hunter

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/08/12 02:29 AM

x3 on comptac
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/08/12 02:34 AM

Being a lefty my options are limited. I have a full size Operator. I wanted a light bearing holster and a holster without the light.

For the light bearing I ordered a Blade Tech. It took 6 weeks to get it, but it's correct and very adjustable.

For the non light bearing I have a Blackhawk. Light weight, very adjustable, awesome retention.
Posted By: AaronM58

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/08/12 02:35 AM

Got my Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe a few weeks ago. By far the most comfortable IWB holster I've ever worn. Can't go wrong with the Crossbreed!

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/08/12 02:40 AM

I am very tempted to purchase the Crossbreed for my specific pistol however I dont wanna wait 4-6 weeks.

I looked on Comp-Tac's website and they don't sell a holster for my specific gun, Only the full size version. My 4" railed 1911 should fit the MTAC for the 5" railed 1911 correct?
Posted By: tx outlaw

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/08/12 02:52 AM

Look into Raven Concealment.
Posted By: AaronM58

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/08/12 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Hogfan1
I am very tempted to purchase the Crossbreed for my specific pistol however I dont wanna wait 4-6 weeks.

I looked on Comp-Tac's website and they don't sell a holster for my specific gun, Only the full size version. My 4" railed 1911 should fit the MTAC for the 5" railed 1911 correct?

My wait wasn't that long. I got it in the mail exactly 3 weeks from the day I ordered it.
Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/08/12 04:00 AM

White Hat Holsters http://www.whitehatholsters.com/

PJHolsters http://pjholster.com/

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/08/12 04:07 AM

I kinda like the White Hat Holsters, and not a bad price either. PLUS, they're based in Arlington!

RWH24, do you own one? If so, which model?
Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/08/12 04:12 AM

I do not yet, After Nov 21 I should know if I will need a holster, Nursing home or Funeral Home. So I am waiting till after then. Watch the White Hat videos, The guy and the girl. Watch the videos comparing WHH and the other brands. For the money I think it is a done deal.

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/08/12 04:27 AM

Yeah, after watching some of the videos, I agree. Looks like a great product.

The only concern I have is when you select which model firearm you have, they dont have the 4" model with rail, only the 5" model with rail. It doesnt seem like that big of a deal but the holster I just returned was for the 5" and the 4" didn't fit so well as far as snagging on the way out over and over and over no matter how you drew.

So I will call them tomorrow and ask a few questions and hopefully place an order. I always like supporting local businesses when I can! texas

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/08/12 03:12 PM

the videos for white hat are impressive, looks like it has more forward cant to the kydex than the cross breed.

I've got a few holsters shipping for my shield to try out.
zero concealment, pj and the new leather backed comptac infidel ultra.
Posted By: blancoman

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/08/12 08:14 PM

Love a Crossbreed.? Here's a real deal. Crossbreeds sells seconds. Since it will be concealed carry no one will see a blemish on the holster. Go to Crossbreedseconds.com. They take only cash and shipped mine within a week. It had a stain on the leather but it was a small stain. New would have cost over a hundred dollars. I received the second for less than 50.I have been wearing it for a month now and it conceals a full size 1911 under a tee shirt. I did have to add suspenders to keep my pants up with a full size 45 but it is comfortable.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/08/12 09:48 PM

Remember Big Pa and the custom Texas Tuckers he sold on this site? Another THF member (Edin76051) bought the rights and patterns to his design and is getting geared up to start producing them. If anyones interested give me a PM and I'll send you is direct contact info. Guy does quality work and his prices are super reasonable.
Posted By: GLC

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/08/12 09:58 PM

Crossbreed and I got mine in 3 weeks. They also have a site for what they have in stock on holster new returns.
Posted By: shane87

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/09/12 05:38 PM

www.Rogue-Holster.com

It is my business, I am in collin county and can get one to you quick. I will all so be at the next DMH gun show.

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/09/12 08:58 PM

just got my infidel ultra in, it's very nice.
its minotaur meets infidel, nice leather backing
Posted By: captcrunch227

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/12/12 02:32 AM

Check out concealment solutions. Was a game changer for me. Amazingly comfortable. 30 day like it or return it. Can't beat it.
Posted By: Crews

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/13/12 02:35 AM

Crossbreed Supertuck!
Posted By: dirtybird7890

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/13/12 12:26 PM

butschersleather.com almost identical to crossbreed and he has most in stock ready to go in garland
Posted By: B Calvert

Re: Just returned a holster. Need ideas for a new one. - 11/13/12 12:28 PM

Crossbreedseconds.com as somebody mentioned above is.Thales way to go. I purchased mine that was in "good" condition and when it came in it was a little scuffed on the leather from inserting and removing the gun.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum