Texas Hunting Forum

Buds guns

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Buds guns - 07/30/12 04:06 PM

Good or bad?

Have yall used this website?

Their price seems pretty darn good, just looking for input on past experiences.

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 04:12 PM

good

Posted By: Piper354

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 04:13 PM

I ordered an H&R single shot shotgun from them for my daughter last year. Gun looked nothing like what the advertised gun was. kept it bc it was only a $100 gun. I did recieve the gun promptly with no other issues. I had my own doubts about the gun bc even the H&R catalog was confusing. Would I order again? Yes, just would research the product more next time.

Mike

Posted By: snakebyte922

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 04:13 PM

very good!!!!!!

Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 04:15 PM

I've used them twice and had 3 other friends get firearms from them.

Overall good experiences. Their staff is fairly responsive to questions. I've never had any issues so can't speak for their conflict resolution abilities, but i would imagine it's pretty good. Their FFL finder info is up to date generally and prices are accurate.
The only complaint I might have is wait time before shipment. Sometime it's literally 2 days before you get a tracking number and other times i've waited almost 2 weeks before they shipped in. But in their defense, I didn't get something common like a Glock 9mm. I think thye had to go out and find it.

I've used them before and will surely use them again. Overal good dealings with them.

Posted By: cory_cooper

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 04:23 PM

I have ordered several guns from them, they are cheap ship fast and dont charge shipping or tax. There is a 3% upcharge for credit cards.

Posted By: I'm in your bushes

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 06:56 PM

Their prices are usually the best around so I would use them if I needed something they had.

Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 08:49 PM

I just ordered 2 1911's from them. Although thier VIP program I think is stupid, it still has the best prices around and always free shipping for guns.

Good to go.

Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 09:22 PM

Bought a couple through Bud's LEO. Yes to Bud's.

Posted By: Razzbuten

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 09:25 PM

Always had great experiences with Buds

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 09:41 PM

COOL, Ill probably buy my shotgun through there then. How long does shipping usually take?

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 09:49 PM

my 1911's took about a week and a half, but I think that was due to the fact they sell out of the 9mm 1911's pretty much as soon as they get them and they needed to get another one in for my order. All my other guns have been like 3 days or so from buds to my FFL.

Posted By: donswin

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 09:57 PM

Got a FoxPro for $60 less than the next lowest price. Ordered it on a Friday & it arrived Tuesday.

I haven't used them for a firearm yet but they will be one of the first places I look when I'm ready.

You may feel a bit suspicious having to fill out your email to get some quotes & the small Credit Card charge they add to the purchase, but their margin probably requires they cover those costs some way. After shipping and all, still the best deal I could find.

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 10:11 PM

If I use a "debit card" do they still charge the 3%?

Posted By: PhilR

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 10:29 PM

Used Bud's one time.

Excellent with fast shipping.

Posted By: West Fork Armory

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Brandon A
If I use a "debit card" do they still charge the 3%?
Yes, all cards still cost the merchant at least 3%.

Posted By: kagomez85

Re: Buds guns - 07/30/12 11:58 PM

Buds is great and they have layaway!!

Posted By: DeerSlayer31

Re: Buds guns - 07/31/12 12:00 AM

Well how are we supposed to pay cash for an online vendor??

Re: Buds guns - 07/31/12 12:13 AM

You send money or personal check to them.

Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Buds guns - 07/31/12 12:50 AM

Bud's usually has very competitive prices, but they have some shipping policies that can make receipt of a firearm difficult for your dealer if he works out of his house and is not there during delivery hours. My dealer will usually request the carrier to just hold an item for him to come pick up after a notice of attempted delivery is left at his house, but Bud's has some kind of bizarre requirement that there must be three unsuccessful attempted deliveries before the item can be held for pickup. My dealer---who is a good guy---hates to deal with Bud's. I don't blame him.

Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Buds guns - 07/31/12 01:00 AM

COOL, Ill probably buy my shotgun through there then. How long does shipping usually take?

Good service from what everyone has posted, and I know someone that had an issue Bud's made right.

So, what are you getting?

Posted By: rifleman

Re: Buds guns - 07/31/12 01:04 AM

the only issue I've ever had was showing to be in-stock on some items they didn't really have.

Re: Buds guns - 07/31/12 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Hopedale

Good service from what everyone has posted, and I know someone that had an issue Bud's made right.

So, what are you getting?

I am looking at the Beretta Xplor Light. They show to be out of stock on the one that I want.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/69675

Therefore, I have one more question.

Have yall ever bought from them when they have something out of stock, it says if it doesnt come within 90 days I will get my money back, but hell, I dont want to wait 90 days, I want this gun by dove season.

Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Buds guns - 07/31/12 02:35 AM

I have personally used them for two absolutely flawless purchases including fantastic communication. In addition I have a family member with an equal experience.

Posted By: r_u_sharp_2

Re: Buds guns - 07/31/12 02:46 AM

Can't complain about my transactions with them. I used a deal they had with GE capital and used 0% for 6th months. Their prices are usually good enough on new stuff that I could deal with the extra 3%.

Matt

Posted By: Loaded

Re: Buds guns - 07/31/12 03:53 AM

I ordered a rifle from Bud's and was very happy with the experience. The FFL I use was on the preferred list so I was able to select him with one click during checkout. Very easy and convenient. They have great prices and you've got to love no tax and free shipping. My FFL only charges $10 for transfers for CHL holders so the total price beat buying it an any local shop by quite a bit.

Posted By: Megtwo

Re: Buds guns - 07/31/12 10:34 PM

I've used them once and the transaction was quick and flawless but often check their prices when I am doing some comparison shopping. I have found better prices a few times even when having to pay local sales tax.

Re: Buds guns - 07/31/12 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Megtwo
I've used them once and the transaction was quick and flawless but often check their prices when I am doing some comparison shopping. I have found better prices a few times even when having to pay local sales tax.

Their website says they will price match.

Posted By: Nate C.

Re: Buds guns - 08/01/12 03:03 AM

Good experiences here.

Posted By: Scooterb

Re: Buds guns - 08/01/12 06:18 AM

They had an issue a while back with folks getting their CC information stolen from their website (three personal friends of mine included), but I believe that has been resolved now.

Or, send them a MO and keep on keepin' on.

Posted By: MR5Hunter

Re: Buds guns - 08/01/12 06:59 AM

Good used a few times and good prices

Posted By: Budgeteer

Re: Buds guns - 08/01/12 02:19 PM

Bought an HK P2000SK through BGS web site on Monday July 23 and picked it up from my FFL yesterday...a little slower than normal, but they had the best price I could find. I've done maybe seven or eight transactions with them over four years or so and have never had a problem or been disappointed. BGS has pretty much been my go-to resource when I know exactly what I want.

Re: Buds guns - 08/01/12 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Budgeteer
Bought an HK P2000SK through BGS web site on Monday July 23 and picked it up from my FFL yesterday...a little slower than normal, but they had the best price I could find. I've done maybe seven or eight transactions with them over four years or so and have never had a problem or been disappointed. BGS has pretty much been my go-to resource when I know exactly what I want.

Cool, my only worry is that they are "out of stock" on the gun I want, hopefully it will get here by bird season.

Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Buds guns - 08/01/12 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Scooterb
They had an issue a while back with folks getting their CC information stolen from their website (three personal friends of mine included), but I believe that has been resolved now.

They got mine too. A couple Russians used my card to make hotel reservations in Greece.

Re: Buds guns - 08/01/12 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Budgeteer

Cool, my only worry is that they are "out of stock" on the gun I want, hopefully it will get here by bird season.

Check back daily. When I was thinking of purchasing those 1911's, I had them both in stock in my cart on a Friday. The 3.5" went out of on saturday and was back in stock by monday as a VIP only gun. While I was trying to decide whether or not I wanted to become a VIP member the full size sold out and went out of stock... By this point I was pissed and just about called it a day, for some reason I checked right before I left work and the full size had come back in stock over a couple of hours time. As soon as I got home I got on and joined the VIP and ordered both guns. So their stock goes in and out pretty quickly.

Posted By: RTF Rob

Re: Buds guns - 08/01/12 06:43 PM

I bought my Armalite AR from buds and was very happy!

Posted By: fivefivesix

Re: Buds guns - 08/01/12 08:44 PM

Great customer service. Never had a problem with them.

Posted By: Ntgrty

Re: Buds guns - 08/02/12 07:56 PM

Actually - their cost on debit cards is not the same as on credit cards and @ 3% there is margin in it for them.

Re: Buds guns - 08/02/12 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Tom Burns
Actually - their cost on debit cards is not the same as on credit cards and @ 3% there is margin in it for them.

I plan to use an E check which gets the cash price

Posted By: Esslmeister

Re: Buds guns - 08/03/12 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Scooterb

Bad! My credit card got several fraudulent charges after buying ammo from them.

I will never buy from them again.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum