Texas Hunting Forum

NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3

Posted By: caddokiller

NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 02/29/08 09:34 PM

I am trying to decide between the two to put on my browning 300wsm to hunt deer with out to 250 yards. which one would you buy

Posted By: JCB

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 02/29/08 09:36 PM

VX-III!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Brandon123

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 02/29/08 09:37 PM

6 to 1, half dozen to the other...all your preference!

Posted By: Lone Ranger

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 02/29/08 10:10 PM

I have Leupolds on all my rifles and have had great success. I like Nikons as well, but would go with the Leupold.

Posted By: sig1921

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/01/08 01:23 PM

Quote:

I have Leupolds on all my rifles and have had great success. I like Nikons as well, but would go with the Leupold.

same here i have leupold on every thing. Not sure about nikon's warranty or customer service, but i know leupolds is top notch.

Posted By: helomech

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/01/08 02:48 PM

Nikons are great. But I would say that they are almost identical as far as perfomance goes. I think you can get the nikon for a little less money though.

Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/01/08 08:03 PM

Leupold VIII all the way!

Posted By: jsoukup

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/02/08 04:53 AM

I've got the older Nikon Monarch (1 year old - the last production of the older models that were on clearence everywhere last year) and the Leupold VXIII (3 years old). The Monarch is pretty good, but IMHO the VXIII is better. I think the light transmission is better and I think the eye relief is better. I think the Leupold has better resale value as well.

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/02/08 11:06 PM

I think the glass is probably about the same. This is kind of gay but I think the leuopold is a cosmeticaly better looking scope; nikons look cheap; and when building a nice rifle I want it to as good as it cost. Leopolds also have more reticle choices, where nikon is very limited and I think their bdc reticle sucks and looks cluttered.

Posted By: yukons95

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/03/08 05:56 AM

There is nothing gay about saying the leupold is a better looking scope! It just is!!

Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/03/08 11:00 AM

Leupold and a 30mm maintube

Posted By: Bullard

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/05/08 01:22 AM

Leuopold. American made. It will hold its value, and I believe they have a lifetime warranty.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/05/08 02:08 AM

Nikon Monarch or go to samplelist.com and get a factory refurbished Zeiss conquest for the same price.

Leuopold VIII is a good scope but for the money I would go with the Nikon, But neither compare to a Zeiss Conquest. Not to mention you can get thicker cross hairs in a Ziess(easy to see in low light)

Posted By: jdickey

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/05/08 04:15 AM

Look thru them both... and you'll put the Leupy away... fast!

Posted By: dac6933

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/05/08 04:44 AM

Nikon

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/05/08 05:25 AM

Once again! I have hunted all over north america, with many guides. guess what scope about 90% of guides use?? Leupold! Guess that means something! I have even asked if they were given to them as endorsements or discount, and they said no! A few even said they have damaged them, they just send them back. They either get fixed right away or a replacement within a few days! That's customer service! They have even dropped them,bang them,dropped them in water and still keep working.. I am sold forever!

Posted By: MontagueBowBuster

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/05/08 04:45 PM

Either way there both great and I cant hardly tell the difference between the two. I actually like the Nikon a little more and they come in a wider variety of sizes. I have the 3.5-14-44 and I dont think Leupold makes a 44, but thats just me because I didnt want a 40 or a 50mm objective.

Posted By: mrbigtexan

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/05/08 05:54 PM

i have a leopold vx-1 and a nikon buckmaster and the nikon is a little better imo. i dont care for the adjustments on vx-1 at all, but it has taken a beating and still held true.

Posted By: jdickey

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/08/08 04:14 AM

Put the Burris Black Diamond series in there... and you'll see a real dog fight!

Re: NIKON MONARCH OR LEUPOLD VX3 - 03/08/08 05:05 AM

Burris are good scopes. Good glass, but not reliable!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum