Texas Hunting Forum

Pre ban this pre ban that

Posted By: Dfdhunts

Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/05/12 11:15 PM

So why do people list ar's as pre ban? I don't get it they are plain at's like any other nothing special. But somehow saying preban makes the price double. In that case I have a ton of pre ban guns like my pre ban .22 now it's a 225 dollar gun instead of 99 at walmart because it's preban. I mean do y'all agree or am I missing a pice of the puzzle here if so educate me so I know lol.. Any input would be great thanks

Posted By: JCB

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/05/12 11:18 PM

popcorn

Posted By: DallasShootingSupplies

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/05/12 11:20 PM

Preban means absolutley nothing in Texas and other states with no ban. BUT, they command a premium if you were gonna sell it to someone in New York or Cali were bans are still in effect.

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/05/12 11:25 PM

Oh ok so in the TEXAS forum people just Wana mark up gun price lol thanks I didn't Wana call out anyone unless I had the facts first. That's awesome

Posted By: DallasShootingSupplies

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/05/12 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Dfdhunts
Oh ok so in the TEXAS forum people just Wana mark up gun price lol thanks I didn't Wana call out anyone unless I had the facts first. That's awesome

Yes. The ban prevented you from getting "evil" features like collapsible stocks, muzzle devices, etc. Nearly all AR's sold now already have those features since the ban is no more.

The ban expired on September 13, 2004.

Posted By: Adelbridge

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/06/12 04:01 AM

If Hillary ever gets elected it might be of value nationally

Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/06/12 04:02 PM

So if they BAN them again, there will be two generations of pre-ban? scratch

Posted By: 100%TEXAN

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/06/12 04:11 PM

Would that make them Pre-post-pre ban Ar's

Posted By: Lochsley123

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/06/12 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: 100%TEXAN
Would that make them Pre-post-pre ban Ar's

roflmao

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/07/12 12:27 AM

I just think they need to be ... Everything in Texas is bigger including the price AR'S

Posted By: TF Panther

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/08/12 01:07 AM

You want them for free? If you shop around you can find them between 750 and 900 depending on everything. Go find one in Georgia if you think you can save 20 bucks.

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/08/12 01:14 AM

What state are you from where you can get them so cheap? How much are they from your home state??? You get one with a 6 pack or do you have to also get a beef jerky? What is a good price? 250? buck and a quater? After the BAN they went for around 2000 depending.

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/08/12 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: jhnrckr

That's what they said about Obama too!

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/08/12 02:12 PM

I own plenty sir and I am Texas born and raised ... But u miss where people are chargeing 1400 for a 16 m4 that has a carry handle and fixed front site post because they call it pre ban. It's a rip off because you can get a flat top m4 with collapsible stock for 750 850 ... My whole point was that some idots just add pre ban to jack the price it's stupid .... Why you so defensive tf

Posted By: Rebel.

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/08/12 03:27 PM

If someone wants to list their "pre ban" AR for more than it's worth, then let them. They aren't forcing anyone to buy it at that price. They will slowly give it some bumps, ttt's and price reductions.

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/08/12 09:11 PM

Well you sounded as if you hailed from Mississippi or something condemning the whole state of Texas and everyone in the state who sells a gun. I have no doubt that there are some people in every state who overcharge for their merchandise. It either will not sell or a fool and his money will soon be parted. Hope you find the one your looking for at a fair price.

Posted By: Rustler

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/08/12 09:18 PM

Posted By: Mambajeep

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/08/12 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Originally Posted By: jhnrckr

That's what they said about Obama too!

My thoughts exactly! Made all the gun dealers rich too!

Re: Pre ban this pre ban that - 02/10/12 10:59 PM

If 2012 Does not go the "right" way, watch there will be ban's galore. If all 3 branches make a left turn "Katie bar the door". Then them PRE Bans will be back at 2 grand. God forbid it has a flash superssor, bayonet lug, or collapsable stock.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum