Texas Hunting Forum

Has anybody in here bought a Silencer/suppressors in Johnson county

Posted By: stevenj

Has anybody in here bought a Silencer/suppressors in Johnson county - 02/03/12 12:53 AM

I live in Burleson and I stopped in to the new gun store In Burleson to see if they had any silencer they dont there not a class 3 dealer but the guy in there said nobody in Johnson county can get a silencer cause nobody will sign off for it.

Posted By: slayer12

Re: Has anybody in here bought a Silencer/suppressors in Johnson county - 02/03/12 01:04 AM

Just get a trust set up

Posted By: clharr

Re: Has anybody in here bought a Silencer/suppressors in Johnson county - 02/03/12 01:05 AM

You need to form a trust or a LLC. I know a few guys that live there and thats what they did. Heck, one of them is even a class 3 dealer, but he's out of the country right now.

Posted By: stevenj

Re: Has anybody in here bought a Silencer/suppressors in Johnson county - 02/03/12 02:02 AM

What's easier a trust or llc

Posted By: dieselgeek

Re: Has anybody in here bought a Silencer/suppressors in Johnson county - 02/03/12 02:39 AM

Like the above said. Get a trust.

Posted By: Chopped54

Re: Has anybody in here bought a Silencer/suppressors in Johnson county - 02/03/12 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: stevenj

Neither or hard, trust can be cheaper or more expensive. Personally I think the trust is the way to go period. You can "assign" persons in the trust that can possess the supressor without you there. With an LLC you would have to "employ" them, which if they wanted to get technical, and being the ATF they will, they could ask for W4s or some kind of proof of actual employment.
Also with a trust if you have kids you can will it to your kids so that when/if you die and they start to go through your stuff they can legally own it without going back through the Form 4 transfer.

Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: Has anybody in here bought a Silencer/suppressors in Johnson county - 02/03/12 08:40 AM

I live in Burleson and I stopped in to the new gun store In Burleson to see if they had any silencer they dont there not a class 3 dealer but the guy in there said nobody in Johnson county can get a silencer cause nobody will sign off for it.

I find another gun store, they guy obviously has no idea what he is talking about. Any legal to posses form 4 item individual in Johnson county can have a suppressor

Posted By: DallasShootingSupplies

Re: Has anybody in here bought a Silencer/suppressors in Johnson county - 02/03/12 08:27 PM

Trust without a doubt. In three years I would guess 98% of all NFA items we have sold have been in a trust.

LLC, you have to report profits, losses etc. Trust is maintenance free.

Posted By: 100%TEXAN

Re: Has anybody in here bought a Silencer/suppressors in Johnson county - 02/03/12 08:32 PM

Trust

Posted By: Viking Armory

Re: Has anybody in here bought a Silencer/suppressors in Johnson county - 02/03/12 09:27 PM

The real gotcha with a LLC or corporation is that you HAVE to maintain it. If it ever ceases to exist (because maybe you forgot to do your annual reporting so the state yanks your registration) and you still have possession then it's considered a transfer. If you didn't do a Form 4 first then you have a real headache on your hands.

Posted By: THEBBC

Re: Has anybody in here bought a Silencer/suppressors in Johnson county - 02/03/12 09:45 PM

Trust, trust, trust

Posted By: NTXBowfisher

Re: Has anybody in here bought a Silencer/suppressors in Johnson county - 02/03/12 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: THEBBC
Trust, trust, trust

x2

Posted By: moderno

Re: Has anybody in here bought a Silencer/suppressors in Johnson county - 02/04/12 04:03 PM

trust

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum