Texas Hunting Forum

mcclelland's gun shop

Posted By: grandaddy

mcclelland's gun shop - 08/16/11 08:09 PM

Has anyone else had consistantly poor service from Mcclelland's gun shop in Dallas? I took an old 22 rifle in a couple of years ago to be put together, it was in two parts. after 5 weeks i called their gun person and was told he couldn't get it together. So i took it to a dealer on Snider Plaza in University park and he did the job in two minutes.Recently I called to check on buying a 12 ga. cz over and under and was told they would have to order it and even gave them a credit card as a guarantee. i called today to check the status and the lady that answered the phone told me the gun was in. when I get there, guess what, no gun and no body remembered even speaking with me.I ran into a similar deal when i ordered a cz side by side, but I finally got it. Never again, i have learned my lesson.

Posted By: JCB

Re: mcclelland's gun shop - 08/16/11 08:29 PM

Never really had any bad service from them but I never really felt comfortable when I would go there either.

Posted By: Bats21

Re: mcclelland's gun shop - 08/16/11 08:34 PM

I quit going there 15 years ago because of a similar incident

Re: mcclelland's gun shop - 08/16/11 08:38 PM

INTERESTING. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. IT WOULDN'T SUPRISE ME TO LEARN THEY HAD SOLD MY GUN TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER.THE WORST PART IS IT WAS FOR MY 10 YEAR OLD GRAND SON WHO WAS ON HIS WAY TO MEET ME TO GET HIS NEW SHOTGUN.

Posted By: devildog28

Re: mcclelland's gun shop - 08/16/11 10:58 PM

Caps lock is on.

Re: mcclelland's gun shop - 08/17/11 05:00 PM

Yep

Posted By: T Bone

Re: mcclelland's gun shop - 08/17/11 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB
I never really felt comfortable when I would go there

+1, They never really acted like they wanted to sell me anything so I never bought anything from 'em..

Posted By: TXW

Re: mcclelland's gun shop - 08/17/11 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bone
Originally Posted By: JCB
I never really felt comfortable when I would go there

+1, They never really acted like they wanted to sell me anything so I never bought anything from 'em..

x2

Re: mcclelland's gun shop - 08/17/11 07:46 PM

YEP, THAT'S THEM

Posted By: psycho0819

Re: mcclelland's gun shop - 08/17/11 08:01 PM

Bought one rifle from them many years ago. Never really felt like my money was wanted there either, so I too rarely go in there anymore.

Posted By: Joe_Kidd

Re: mcclelland's gun shop - 08/19/11 04:25 AM

I never got as far as dealing with them, ALWAYS rude when I inquired on the phone about something. FFL I used to deal with local has got to the the point that they no longer care either. All my dealings now with mom/pop kitchen table FFLs that appreciate my business. Only thing I buy for a store front now is powder for reloading, and I wouldn't do that except for the mail order haz-mat fee.

Most of the local store front FFLs I see are too busy showing plastic handguns to some guy and his girlfriend these days.

Posted By: blancobuster

Re: mcclelland's gun shop - 08/19/11 07:02 AM

I honestly hate going to most gunshops in Austin. I never feel appreciated as a customer. I don't know if it is because I am young and the people there assume I have no money to spend or what but I have recently grown very annoyed with two specific ones in town because of the way I have been treated recently. Really sucks when you really want to go to a gun shop, but don't really feel welcome. Wish my great uncles gun shop was in Austin instead of Tyler.

Posted By: Gus

Re: mcclelland's gun shop - 08/19/11 03:12 PM

blacobuster,

Go to Blackland Guns in between Hutto and Taylor on 79. Eric the owner is a great guy to deal with. Small shop but great people!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum