Texas Hunting Forum

If America was invaded today?

Posted By: Retired Sgt. Gilliam

If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 12:49 AM

What weapon are you going to defend her with and please add a photo if you can.................

Posted By: mbavo

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 01:11 AM

every thing i have!!!

Posted By: calcreek

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 01:13 AM

Gp ahead and post up a pic of your suped up .22 Gilliam. We all know what your gonna post.........

Posted By: 22mag

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 01:55 AM

NO pic, but i would be using my ar with 8-32 scope and my mini14 and kimber 1911 and xdm 9mm .not sure if I have enough hands but someone going to hurt

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 02:05 AM

nah I will post my 5.56 later. The is just so cool looking. It is my sons, Or my 243 or the 2 shot guns

Posted By: HunterTed

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 02:45 AM

My bow...... I cant shoot a gun worth a crap......

Posted By: Cavscout1968

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 02:55 AM

I have my S&W MP15 to carry at the ready, a Taurus 24/7 .40 with Streamlight TRL-3 for a sidearm and my Remington 700 .308 when I need to reach out and touch something.

Posted By: tth_40

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 03:16 AM

H&K USP .40 fo' sho'..depends on the threat and range. My .40 will get me home, then have to assess the threat.

Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: tth_40
H&K USP .40 fo' sho'..depends on the threat and range. My .40 will get me home, then have to assess the threat.

I agree. My version of the Texas 3-step
308 bolt > 5.56 semi auto > 12g shotgun

Now I just need the 5.56 lol.

A .40/9mm like a glock 23 with a wolf barrel would be a flexible tool.

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 03:31 AM

I got that Tx. 3 step, it pretty much covers what you would run into. Glock 23 would be a good weapon as well. However, the best weapon in times like that would be the one you can get your hands on the fastest. Get proficient with what you have.

Posted By: twice70

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 01:02 PM

If they make it to Texas I'll just pick the bad guy's stuff up, there will be plenty of it laying around.

Posted By: LuckenbachTexas

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 01:12 PM

Bio & chemical, this is our country, no time for BS.

Posted By: DallasShootingSupplies

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 01:40 PM

Prob my 11.5 inch BCM/SPikes SBR. Very effective to 300 yards, light and compact. With silencer, and nightvision. Would be great for either urban, or thick woods where my land is. Out there it would be rare to have a 300 yard shot.

Posted By: preston629

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 02:54 PM

My 22 and 12 gauge

Posted By: Texas Heat

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 06:17 PM

My AR with a Aimpoint Comp M2, my XD40, and my Mossberg 500 are the three I'm grabbing.

Posted By: BKW

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 06:37 PM

dreaming? trust me aint no body invading US anytime soon. That question should be asked from those whose lands we have invaded. yup their weapon of choice has always been kalashnikovs, rpkms and rpgs. Something hard to find here.

Posted By: BKW

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 06:41 PM

But seriously I would deeply rely on a dessert eagle and anything that holds more than 20 rounds (rifles).

Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 07:20 PM

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/02/11 08:15 PM

I hear ya on that buddy. Was thinking of the game homefront. Being invaded by North Korea in the game gets on my last nerve. I know its just a game though

Posted By: Brandon972

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: z71dustin

rofl

You couldnt handle a 22... bolt

Posted By: silentex

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 02:00 AM

Rubber band gun or slingshot . . . depends on how fierce it got!

Posted By: LuckenbachTexas

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 02:16 AM

Every damn one of you country boys has just what you need to wipe out the enemy in your septic tank...have at it.

Give it a day or three and all you gotta do is go around popping them with an ice pick.

I took a special class on this.

Posted By: BoomStick

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 02:38 AM

I would use my whole arsenal until the my ammo is gone. Russian mosins, K-31, Turk Mauser w/ 6-24x50 scope, AR, AK, 30carbine, the shot guns, and XD40 and 1911. So like i said until the ammo runs out, and if neccesary the .22 to be a little more quiet.

Posted By: Omaney

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By: LuckenbachTexas
Every damn one of you country boys has just what you need to wipe out the enemy in your septic tank...have at it.

Give it a day or three and all you gotta do is go around popping them with an ice pick.

WTF???

Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Brandon972
Originally Posted By: z71dustin

rofl

You couldnt handle a 22... bolt

I be a BAMF with a .22.

This is the tacticool jort wearer's fave type of thread. A chance to use their paper punching monsters

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 03:28 AM

rofl clap

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By: BKW
dreaming? trust me aint no body invading US anytime soon. That question should be asked from those whose lands we have invaded. yup their weapon of choice has always been kalashnikovs, rpkms and rpgs. Something hard to find here.

To a certain extent you are right, none can invade the US without control of the sky and water; that would be no small feat. If the enemy did have air support within our borders it may be wise to fall back and head for the deep woods or safer territory.

Now the real danger is of course zombies i.e. armed lawless mobs in a post WMD or multiple WMD scenario (where the epicenter of whatever happened may not be local, but lawlessness abounds). Straight up property and family protection.

Posted By: KC

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 03:32 AM

I'd just eat plenty of brats and kraut and chase it with a nice wee heavy scotch ale. I'd be a walking chemical weapon, don't even bother with a gas mask...

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 03:39 AM

Originally Posted By: KC
I'd just eat plenty of brats and kraut and chase it with a nice wee heavy scotch ale. I'd be a walking chemical weapon, don't even bother with a gas mask...

Mine smell like roses, I don't know what people complain about.

One time a couple of friends and I did try to come up with the ultimate weapon. Beef jerky, Heineken and deviled eggs. I hate Heineken.

Posted By: KC

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 03:45 AM

I was going on a road trip with a bunch of guys down to the Mexican border for a javelina hunt once. For two days before I loaded up on hard fried eggs, boiled cabbage, asparagus, sauerkraut, yogurt, etc. That was a fun truck ride!

Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 01:51 PM

Ain't gonna tell ya! Probably isn't gonna be an invasion from outside the U.S. anyway. We're well on our way already to being invaded from within.

"We have identified the enemy....and it's us"

Posted By: dieselgeek

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Retired Sgt. Gilliam
What weapon are you going to defend her with and please add a photo if you can.................

Prob gonna be these guys.

Posted By: Big Will

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 03:37 PM

Kalash with the drum and model 70 .300

Posted By: Big Pa

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 04:12 PM

All Ya need is a good ole .22..... Ya shoot the first SOB that comes around and take all his stuff.........

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: dieselgeek
Originally Posted By: Retired Sgt. Gilliam

Prob gonna be these guys.

I think you have it pretty much covered.

Posted By: 30378

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 08:42 PM

If anyone has the will to "INVADE" America, I doubt it would be with anything you could defend youself against using a basic firearm. You would probably be defending yourself in the story of the have and have nots.

Posted By: rifleman

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 09:10 PM

a bomb shelter out in the middle of the woods, land mines, 300wm & a hoyt shooting arrows w/ exploding tips. up

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
a bomb shelter out in the middle of the woods, land mines, 300wm & a hoyt shooting arrows w/ exploding tips. up

That wont save you from the dirty bombs, Bo Duke !! roflmao

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 10:33 PM

i would start off with these.

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 10:43 PM

i don't know why all these pics......its not like you can shoot more than one gun at a time.

honestly, the real answer would probably be the first thing you could get your hands on......remember "Red Dawn"?

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 10:48 PM

i have family members and friends.

Posted By: JCB

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/03/11 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
i don't know why all these pics......its not like you can shoot more than one gun at a time.

Its better to have a spare gun than spare parts.

Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/04/11 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By: JCB

Whats the saying? "Two is one, one is none."

I can carry an AR on my back and two pistols on my legs and still carry an AK in the front.

Posted By: mustafa

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/04/11 12:36 AM

when we get invaded im going to mexico since all those from mexico and south america will be here.

Posted By: A.B.

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/04/11 01:06 AM

What ever I grab first.

Posted By: gbeard

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/04/11 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Omaney

WTF???

Exactly what came out of my mouth

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/04/11 02:08 AM

What about spare tools ? If tools are needed you got that covered. Get it, your a tool ? scared

See I tried to make a funny !! clap

Posted By: mustafa

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/04/11 02:46 AM

tarded

Originally Posted By: Brandon972

What about spare tools ? If tools are needed you got that covered. Get it, your a tool ? scared

See I tried to make a funny !! clap

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/04/11 03:03 AM

farted

Posted By: PKnTX

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/04/11 03:09 AM

Once the combined forces of the greatest
military complex on the planet has been driven from
the field, I will pour the hot lead of vengence
upon the invader with my Win '94 30-30.
May as well pack the Ruger SP101 too.
Just for close up work, ya know.
crazy

And no, I ain't gonna breech security by
posting pic's of these highly classified weapons.
You'll just have to google them.

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/04/11 03:28 AM

Poetic.

Posted By: DSmith

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/04/11 01:48 PM

Well it would deffinatley come down to three guns, a good accurate bolt action for the longer range shoots, an AR for the medium/close range and when faster follow up shoots are needed, and of course a good ole street howitzer(shotgun) so they know you mean business, pistols are only good enough to get you to your Long Guns.

But in all honesty what country in there right mind would really try to invade America? No country in the world can stand toe to toe with us using conventional methods, not to mention it would provide us with a common goal to unite against, even the stupid pansy liberals would be picking up a gun to defend there way of life.

Posted By: Old_Town

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/04/11 04:58 PM

I recently helped a liberal with some firearm purchases. He is from California and has done some shooting but never owned a gun. I told him to get a quality M4 profile AR, a .308 bolt gun with a 3-9 scope. A 12 ga pump shotgun with an 18.5" and 24" barrels, a Glock 17 or 19 and a Ruger 10/22. A lot of mags and ammo for all.

I would choose one of my ARs as a defensive carbine and a Glock 17 as a sidearm.

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/04/11 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Old_Town
I recently helped a liberal with some firearm purchases. He is from California and has done some shooting but never owned a gun. I told him to get a quality M4 profile AR, a .308 bolt gun with a 3-9 scope. A 12 ga pump shotgun with an 18.5" and 24" barrels, a Glock 17 or 19 and a Ruger 10/22. A lot of mags and ammo for all.

I would choose one of my ARs as a defensive carbine and a Glock 17 as a sidearm.
Good advice right there. That's pretty much the "Do all battery". cheers

Posted By: scattergun

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/04/11 10:48 PM

Too much to list.

Posted By: TractorTek/RedNek

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/05/11 03:08 AM

Do you mean doo doo? What kinda class was that?????

Posted By: ROACH IN FRISCO

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/05/11 01:27 PM

A knife. It would be personal.

And,.......my Glock 22 .40 cal, and the Kel-Tec Sub2K .40 cal folding carbine, (interchangeable magazines, high cap mags, light weight, concealable). Death at close range and upto 100 yards,.... I'll leave the sniping up to you guys.

Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/05/11 03:04 PM

Roll over and start learning Chinese!!!

Haha, sorry I couldn't resist. Just keep thinking the Chinese, minus aliens, are the only ones who have even the most remote chance of puling this off. And if they did, then I would let them in. Just stay with me for a sec. If grad students are any representation of the common person's mentality, then they are going to come here and not want to leave. Why? Because even they know their homeland sucks if you're not part of the in crowd, i.e. an actual memeber of the People's Party. One thing I've learned from my Chinese gf is that the people who hate Chinese Communism the most are the Chinese who live in this country.

Long live the American immigrant dream!

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/15/11 02:59 PM

Posted By: sticksteer

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/15/11 05:56 PM

semi auto 22 and about 10000 rds of cci hollow points if i had just 1 choice

Posted By: jerry hart

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/16/11 04:22 AM

All 46 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Brandon82

Re: If America was invaded today? - 04/16/11 03:23 PM

12g Shotgun. up

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum