Texas Hunting Forum

Mesquite gun show?

Posted By: Rustler

Mesquite gun show? - 01/29/11 02:28 PM

Anybody been to the show in Mesquite before?, if so was it worth going?
Anyone plan to go this weekend?

Posted By: JCB

Re: Mesquite gun show? - 01/29/11 03:43 PM

Well they didnt do a very good job of geting the word out about this show because this is the first I have heard of it. Looks like its the show at the Rodeo center and its maybe slightly better than the Big Town show.

I may head out there here in a bit.

Re: Mesquite gun show? - 01/29/11 03:48 PM

I'm contemplating whether to go or not.
Seems lately the shows are geared more towards handguns and AR's, fewer and fewer hunting rifles/accessories.

Posted By: BMD

Re: Mesquite gun show? - 01/29/11 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Rustler
Seems lately the shows are geared more towards handguns and AR's, fewer and fewer hunting rifles/accessories.

X2

Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Mesquite gun show? - 01/29/11 03:51 PM

x2

Posted By: BMD

Re: Mesquite gun show? - 01/29/11 03:53 PM

rofl

Re: Mesquite gun show? - 01/29/11 07:30 PM

OK.....I just got back from the show. WOW there was a ton of people there. Dont think I have ever seen that many people at a Rodeo show.

Best deal I saw in the show was a Remington C grade custom shop 375 H&H for $800. I didnt buy it but man I wanted to!

New gun sales seem to be doing really well!!

All I bought was some 40 S&W HST ammo and a couple of P-Mags.

Re: Mesquite gun show? - 01/29/11 07:34 PM

Thanks for the report up

Did you notice more or about the same as usual amount of bolt action hunting rifles?

Posted By: kmon11

Re: Mesquite gun show? - 01/29/11 07:36 PM

Is this the show that is part of the annual Texas State Rifle Association convention? If it is then the show is a great place to join or renew your membership, Join or renew there and that includes show entrance fee, not a bad deal.

Posted By: mustafa

Re: Mesquite gun show? - 01/29/11 07:38 PM

Did they have any emergency gardens?

Re: Mesquite gun show? - 01/29/11 07:38 PM

Did you notice more or about the same as usual amount of bolt action hunting rifles?

About what you would expect from a usual Big Town or Rodeo show. Way out numbered by AR's and handguns as has been the case the last few years.

Re: Mesquite gun show? - 01/29/11 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
Is this the show that is part of the annual Texas State Rifle Association convention? If it is then the show is a great place to join or renew your membership, Join or renew there and that includes show entrance fee, not a bad deal.

I have no idea but if you give blood to the Carter Blood Care bus out front you get in for free. I decided I would rather pay $8 then be stuck with a needle and have my blood sucked away like a Vampire! grin

Re: Mesquite gun show? - 01/30/11 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1

The promoter is the original Fort Worth gun show folks.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum