Posted By: MHsieh

Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/27/10 03:05 PM

Which one would you choose?

Posted By: Sirrah243

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/27/10 03:22 PM

I'm a Remintgon fan.

Posted By: kmon11

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/27/10 03:59 PM

I have more Remingtons than any any other brand but the action of a Tikka is smoother and the accuracy guaranteee of sub MOA good, my Tikkas easily meet that level of accuracy.

I used to be a Remington fan bigtime but no longer, too often we have glass bedded, done trigger work or even replaced stocks to get the kind of accuracy on Remingtons that comes guranteed with Tikka T3, TC, Sako and Weatherby Rifles.

The most accurate out ot the box rifle I own is a Remington 700 but it is a roll of the dice as to what you get from them IMO.

My vote is Tikka

Posted By: dk5265

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/27/10 04:21 PM

tikka for sure

Posted By: devildog28

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/27/10 04:48 PM

Tikka

Posted By: eagle 2

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/27/10 06:45 PM

Tikka, higher grade of craftsmanship. Get it in a wood stock, I was told they were made in the same plant as ths Sako's, by the same craftsman......

Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/27/10 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: devildog28
Tikka

up flehan

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/27/10 08:40 PM

Which ever one offers you the best price and fucntionality for what you are using it for. I have never seen a remington not shoot.

Posted By: Grizz

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/27/10 08:54 PM

I've owned several Remington's over the years (and loved them all) and I currently have a Tikka T3 Lite. Based on the much smoother action, better trigger, and excellent accuracy right out of the box, I would choose the Tikka. However, it's much easier to find aftermarket stocks, triggers, etc. for the Remingtons if that is a consideration.

Posted By: jackwabbit2

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/27/10 09:39 PM

Tikka

Posted By: MHsieh

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/28/10 12:10 AM

the reason is because they both come in a left handed model so that why i am looking into both of them. i have handled both but it is just one of those things that you just have a hard time making up your mind. I recently got rid of my Weatherby Vanguard and since being a left handed shooter and having a right handed bolt action was just a lil annoying. I loved my vanguard wished it had left handed models also. now one of my buddies told me about savage and they make left hand rifles so now im looking into them as well.

Posted By: StraitShot

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/28/10 01:39 AM

Tikka T3 -

As the other guys noted... get the wood stock. I have one in 7mm-08 and it is easily sub-MOA at 100 yrds. The only annoyance is the plastic clip and the base. I don't like that... paw

Posted By: texaspatriot.308

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/29/10 03:46 AM

T3, some cons, but outweigh the problms of the 700

Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/29/10 03:50 AM

TIKKA!!!!

Posted By: hornedfrog

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/29/10 07:33 PM

Tikka is my vote. FYI I have, use, and love several Remingtons.

Posted By: Judd

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/29/10 08:14 PM

Not the way I expected this post to go...at all. Interesting.

Posted By: rifleman

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/29/10 08:18 PM

neither smile

starting to not like Remmy as much...they seem to discontinue their quality rifles while going with the current market trends and keeping around their cheaper "not so good" ones.

Posted By: htharp

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/29/10 10:04 PM

Have them both,in different calibers, like them both. Go with the one that fits you best, I would be shocked if either of them was not plenty accurate for any reasonable hunting situation.

Posted By: mbavo

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/30/10 03:34 AM

tikka all the way. i have owned several rifles,and my tikka t3 hunter in 270 wsm is by far the best rifle i have ever owned. super accurate,awesome trigger,smooth as glass action. they are great rifles.

Posted By: tth_40

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/30/10 07:04 AM

Although I'm a big fan of Remington..I'd probably go with the Tikka. I have several friends that have T3's and T3 lites..have shot most of them and they are sweet rifles.

Posted By: E.C.O.

Re: Remington SPS or Tikka T3 - 11/30/10 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: mbavo
tikka all the way. i have owned several rifles,and my tikka t3 hunter in 270 wsm is by far the best rifle i have ever owned. super accurate,awesome trigger,smooth as glass action. they are great rifles.

Haha, I can say the exact same thing, word for word.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum