Texas Hunting Forum

Cheaper Than Dirt AK-47's

Posted By: ZenArchery

Cheaper Than Dirt AK-47's - 11/05/10 11:32 AM

Stopped by Cheaper Than Dirt yesterday in McKinney. They had a line of AK-47's around $350-450.00. Anyone have experience with these? I see people reselling much older AK's for more than that cost some over a 1,000.00. So what's the deal?

I've been looking at the AR platform. They do have an AR that shoots 7.62x39 that cost almost a thousand but if I can shoot the same round and get the same results and spend half the cost I'll be a happy camper.

Posted By: COWDOG

Re: Cheaper Than Dirt AK-47's - 11/05/10 11:52 AM

I bought my ak new long time ago before the big price boom...$200. My ak is deadly accurate. However some shoot all over the map. Comparing to an ar15 is apple to oranges. People still trying to get $1000 out their aks is because that's what they paid for them during the Obama scare. IMO

Great guns and cheap to shoot.

Posted By: DallasShootingSupplies

Re: Cheaper Than Dirt AK-47's - 11/05/10 01:16 PM

I agree with cowdog, they are apples to oranges. More than likely the ak's you see at CTD are WASR's. They are the bottom of the barrel AK's, but most will go bang everytime. If you buy one make sure to check if the front sight is canted, WASRs are famous for have canted FSB. The only way I would pay 1k for an ak is if its a pre ban Norinco etc. A preban Norinco's fit and finish make a WASR looks like a High Point. Arsenal's are excellent AK's, but your getting into AR15 price range.

Posted By: KC

Re: Cheaper Than Dirt AK-47's - 11/06/10 07:01 AM

If I were you, I'd look at a Polish or Yugo. Quality is great and they are reasonable. I bought my Yugo underfolder last year for $430 new in the box, and it will easily hold 2 moa.

Posted By: SLT

Re: Cheaper Than Dirt AK-47's - 11/07/10 02:58 AM

It's an AK it's not made to be pretty or accurate.

Posted By: tiny83

Re: Cheaper Than Dirt AK-47's - 11/07/10 03:05 AM

Older import like norincos or polytechs are rarer and have thicker reciver's so they go for a little more . Romak's are the most common and cheaper but entry level have issues like canted sights and mag wobble

Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Cheaper Than Dirt AK-47's - 11/08/10 12:33 AM

Yes, I believe those are WASRs at CTD. They're good guns but won't win any beauty contests. I have one and haven't had any issues. Probably one of my favorite guns and cost $360. Just make sure to buy yourself a bunch of eastern bloc mags. They're cheap, reliable, and you can open beer bottles with the feed lips.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum