Texas Hunting Forum

Well i bought one...

Posted By: Proximity

Well i bought one... - 10/03/10 03:27 AM

I was at first looking to buy a nice Ruger single action revolver, but when i walked into Cabelas i changed my mind a little bit.

I walked out with a G23 .40 Glock.
The revolver was gonna be around $600 at Cabelas and the Glock at Academy was $529.99, well at Cabelas they had a sale on the Gen4's for $519.99. However i ended up being lucky cause they left their sale sign on their Gen3 G23 for $489. They rang it up at $519 and i mentioned the case gun said $489, they had to sell the gun to me at the price on the tag banana

I'll post pictures later but everyone pretty much knows what a compact Glock looks like. Im excited though, first pistol besides my MKIII Ruger .22LR

Posted By: tk325

Re: Well i bought one... - 10/03/10 04:15 AM

You bought a better gun, I'll tell you that right now. Not knocking ruger revolvers, because they are good guns also. But you can't beat a glock.

Posted By: TDK

Re: Well i bought one... - 10/03/10 07:13 AM

Quote:
But you can't beat a glock.

Sure you can. I prefer a really big hammer.

Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Well i bought one... - 10/03/10 01:50 PM

I love it when they screw up and have to sell the item as advertised, lol. Good purchase!

Posted By: chaos

Re: Well i bought one... - 10/03/10 01:57 PM

x

Posted By: chaos

Re: Well i bought one... - 10/03/10 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: tk325
You bought a better gun, I'll tell you that right now. Not knocking ruger revolvers, because they are good guns also. But you can't beat a glock.

Not knocking glocks, but I disagree.

Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: Well i bought one... - 10/03/10 02:33 PM

Same difference as, Do you drive a Chevy, Dodge or a Ford..

Glocks are good guns, I can't shoot accurately one due to the difference in grip angle, muscle memory.

I shoot Sigs, BHP's and 1911's, because I like the way they feel and shoot.

Congrats on your new purchase....Nothing wrong with Ruger MK-22's and Single Action revolvers. up

Posted By: How to Clean a Deer Skull

Re: Well i bought one... - 10/03/10 09:21 PM

i have a glock22 and love it. it shoots anything

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum