Texas Hunting Forum

T/C Encore v. Contender?

Posted By: BCJ

T/C Encore v. Contender? - 02/13/07 06:18 PM

Is there any difference in the Encore and Contender besides the Contender being offered in fewer calibers? Any reason not to buy the Encore over the Contender?

Posted By: BMowatt

Re: T/C Encore v. Contender? - 02/13/07 07:38 PM

Unless I mistaken, the Contender is a pistol, the G2 Contender looks similar to the Encore.

Posted By: Wild Boar

Re: T/C Encore v. Contender? - 02/14/07 12:16 AM

The contender is a pistol with shorter barrels but you can buy a short rifle stock for it. The encore is rifle with longer barrels and you can buy a pistol stock for it. The encore is the better way to go if your wanting a rifle.

Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: T/C Encore v. Contender? - 02/14/07 11:20 PM

I am a new guy and not really a hunter, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but the encore has a beefed up breech and can handle heavier load. The contender is mostly rimfire and lighter loads for centerfire rounds. I believe the heavier stuff has to be out of the encore, and that is why there are more bbls for the encore. Sure would love to own one of those new pro-hunter models. Guess there is no $$$$$$ reason not to.

Posted By: BigGuy

Re: T/C Encore v. Contender? - 02/16/07 12:17 AM

Pilothawk is correct. The Contender is for rimfire and some lower pressure centerfire cartridges. The Encore is stronger and centerfire only. The caliber options are pretty much unlimited.

Either one can be a pistol or rifle.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum