Texas Hunting Forum

FFL?

Posted By: Hideandseek

FFL? - 07/13/10 12:36 AM

I was curious about FFLs. what type of licenses are there? my understanding that a C&R is for weapons 50 years and older, but what are the others? I was looking at AR15 lowers to possibly build one and the web page said that an F.F.L. needed to be on file, which type? I see some are dealers licenses but what about the people that buy one but may never sale it? just looking for short and nasty descriptions in FFL for dummies language. LOL
Thanks!

Posted By: Mr. Jeem

Re: FFL? - 07/13/10 01:09 AM

Federal Firearms Liscense. I believe the current price is $300 for a five year liscense, fill out paperwork, pay fee, sumbit paperwork, wait then get a site inspection and you have a liscense. Read more about in the BATF website.

Posted By: devildog28

Re: FFL? - 07/13/10 01:53 PM

I don't think the actual process is too difficult but it may be a little headache to get approved for one.

Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: FFL? - 07/13/10 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: devildog28
I don't think the actual process is too difficult but it may be a little headache to get approved for one.

Not to mention the periodic/yearly audits from your friendly BATF agent to ensure that your record keeping is up to snuff!

Posted By: Sami

Re: FFL? - 07/13/10 06:51 PM

Can an FFL be in possession of sound suppressors without having a tax stamp on them? If so, what type of FFL, and can they use them as well as possess?

Posted By: Tin Head

Re: FFL? - 07/13/10 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Sami
Can an FFL be in possession of sound suppressors without having a tax stamp on them? If so, what type of FFL, and can they use them as well as possess?
Just guessing , but I would not think so. Supressors are easy to get with the proper paper work. With out proper paper work you but is up a creek for posesing. Laws are very strick if you dont have the needed paper work.

Posted By: Nontypical3006

Re: FFL? - 07/13/10 09:56 PM

On the AR question, I've bought several off the internet and just have them sent to my FFL dealer, (local pawn shop), then go there to fill out his paperwork and take it home. He charges me $20. On the suppressor, I believe a dealer / person has to have a Class 3 license, same as for full auto guns but I'm not 100% positive.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum