Print Thread
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Hunting #2025370 01/16/11 06:12 AM
H
Hook in Finger Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
H
I figured since I'm going to be targeting mainly squirrels, I'd post this here.

Designated public lands at Belton and Stillhouse Hollow Lakes are open for free public hunting. These areas are shown on the lake maps (Belton / Stillhouse Hollow) as Wildlife Management Areas. Hunters must observe all Federal and State hunting laws and regulations that apply to these public lands with regards to hunting license, season, and bag limits. At this time a Waterfowl Hunting Permit is NOT required for Belton & Stillhouse Hollow Lakes. (Effective 9-1-07) Hunting is allowed from September 1 through the end of goose season as posted in the State hunting guide. Hunters are encouraged to wear blaze orange when in the hunting areas.

Are they referring to hunting waterfowl between those dates or is it just hunting all game in general? I'm buying a 12 gauge and I won't be getting a hunting license for a while, but once I get it I was planning on shooting some game in those wildlife management areas, can someone explain it to me? Like I said, I'm new to hunting and only 16 with no one else teaching me but my school teacher.. Keep you're smart comments to yourself please, I've had problems with people on other forums, no disrespect intended.

Last edited by Hook in Finger; 01/16/11 06:13 AM.

Re: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Hunting [Re: Hook in Finger] #2025450 01/16/11 11:49 AM
O
Outdoorgal Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
I'd call the Lake office to make sure on dates. Typically the dates are the same as tpwd's hunting season for that specific game. I've seen the corps sometimes only allow waterfowl hunting during the first split. Call to double check.

Pretty sure wearing orange only applies when you walk into and through the hunting areas. Once your at a duck hole you no longer need to wear orange.

Good luck with all your future hunting adventures.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, for whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide