I watched 10 does work their way into my wheat field just after first light. They kinda made a wondering trail through the brush to get to it rather than follow a straight path. I watched them for a few minutes and just happened to look back in the direction they came from and saw some movement. I picked him up with my binoculars and it was a really nice looking 3yr old 8 point. He had his nose to the ground like a bird dog and followed the same wondering trail the does took to get to my wheat. When he cleared the brush he looked up and saw the group of does and took off on a trot after them. He checked out each one of them and found the one he was looking for and the dance was on. Just about that time I looked back and noticed a second buck coming in from the same direction. It was a really young forked horn trailing the action looking for seconds. The bigger buck worked the does for a few minutes as the one he was after took off into the brush he chased after with the small buck in tow. I few minutes later I got a txt from my dad saying he just watched a big mature 9 point make a scrap about 10 yards behind his feeder.

Anyone else seeing signs of a second rut going on?