Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: ntxtrapper] #9037919 04/24/24 12:17 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
I don’t dance. I’d like to think I’m more advanced than a strutting bird.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you're single, are you not?

[Linked Image]

Oh boy....

Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: txtrophy85] #9037921 04/24/24 12:24 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by 68A
Originally Posted by unclebubba
I do disagree with, and failed to do number 34 though.

Kinda with you on #34. I understand, or at least I think I do, the spirit of what the author was conveying. Not being attached to worldly possessions that it compromises you as a man. At the same time, I am not insensitive to my property. I will be a steward of and keep good care of my possessions to pass on to my family, Lord willing. Having said that, none of it defines me, nor should it.

Also, antidote for poisons and sailing a boat kinda made me chuckle.

34 i took as not being overly attached to material possessions. Not property as in real estate.

The antidotes for poison can be updated to being able to produce a remedy to a sickness.

Sailing can be updated to being able to operate a modern boat.

Way I took it too, do you buy a breitling or buy stock.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: skinnerback] #9037925 04/24/24 12:33 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by skinnerback

Strutting Peacocks bag the most hens.

roflmaoI suck at dancing and hate it, but I used to be a musician that stayed out of the spotlight when the show was over. It's amazing how many hens you can call in by being quiet.

Gobble Gobble!!

Straggling singles at 15 till closing time is an art unto itself, one that I’ve successfully employed many times.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: txtrophy85] #9037927 04/24/24 12:35 AM
R
rolyat.nosaj Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
I think everyone should take a shot at simple sailing on a 2 person boat. I took my wife on one after a 2 minute tutorial and almost never made it back to dry land. It's worth the thrill of figuring out how to work the wind after almost chitting your shorts.

Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: txtrophy85] #9037928 04/24/24 12:49 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

Strutting Peacocks bag the most hens.

I had three Jake turkeys strutting in my front yard with a bunch of hens a couple of weeks ago. They were all puffed up and making a racket. An old Tom strolled up from my pond area and never went into strut. One of the Jakes strutted up to him and he kicked the Jake in the face. The other two instantly deflated and the old Tom walked off with the 6 hens.

Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #9037935 04/24/24 01:10 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
I think everyone should take a shot at simple sailing on a 2 person boat. I took my wife on one after a 2 minute tutorial and almost never made it back to dry land. It's worth the thrill of figuring out how to work the wind after almost chitting your shorts.

When i was in my early 20’s I almost bought one of those little sunfish sailboats. Found the boat and everything just couldn’t get the deal done.

Maritime activities of all kinds are greatly enjoyable.

I don’t care if your in a 14’ skiff or a 30’ Donzi, if you’re on the water in a boat you are having fun.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: txtrophy85] #9037941 04/24/24 01:23 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
You will learn 80-90 percent of that if you join the Marine Corps. For real. Same for the Army Infantry, except the swimming part.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #9037942 04/24/24 01:26 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker

I tried all by myself when I was 14 years old. It was a bad idea. hammer

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #9037952 04/24/24 01:42 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

Negatory. [censored] a sail boat. I grew up on the salt running fishing boats all over. I was working 7 days/week in Brownsville and decided it would be a great idea to invite my young wife and my young kids on a quick "2 hour" sailing trip out of Port Isabel with a man that just won the Kentucky State Lottery and bought a sail boat. Long story short......(these 2 kids are now adults) it was HOT! Little motor didn't work so we just sailed. Yes that's my kid's names tattooed on my chest.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I brought enough food and drinks for my family for a quick little trip in a small cooler. We made it out the jetty and the Captain (looked & acted JUST like CAPTAIN CAVEMAN for those who remember) was at the helm. His wife YELLED at him nonstop and talked to him like he was total garbage. He was a Combat Marine and seemed like a good enough man to have my family around. We both cracked a beer and we were sailing, it was fun. Then (like it does) the wind came in in a BIG way and it was time to cut this 2 hr trip short and get back. I noticed the Captain was chugging those beers pretty hard early with my kids on board so I drank 2 and stopped after having a gut feeling and seeing a look from my wife. This dude got drunk/smashed and could not sail us into the jetty to get home. He tried, and tried, and tried, and tried again and every attempt at trying meant making a big circle beating the [censored] out of us in the swells. If you have ever fished any jetties you know what I'm talking about. We almost hit the rocks his last attempt and I knew what I had to do. After me being polite he would not let me run the boat, he was the CAPTAIN! A 2 hr trip turned into a 12 hr nightmare with hungry dehydrated pissed off sunburnt kids and wife and a captain that was too smashed to listen to anybody. So........after multiple attempts at talking with him I snatched him up and slammed his [censored] to the ground up against the wall and told him that if he swung at me I would beat him until he went to sleep. My family is getting to the dock alive with or without you..that's what I said. I got on the radio and called the Coast Guard, and after some more time of screaming kids and a very angry wife they found our vessel and towed us all the way back to the dock.

Yeh, let's go sailing........

Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: txtrophy85] #9038020 04/24/24 10:15 AM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
^^^^^^^^^^

My first sailing adventure was with a guy I played league volleyball with who was also a high school football coach.
Me and my girlfriend met him and his girlfriend at Chandlers Landing Yacht Club on lake Ray Hubbard.

We get there around 1 and he is already feeling no pain drink7 Come to find out it was not his sailboat but a friends of his and he was not very experienced at sailing.
Nice size boat with a cabin, pretty windy that day, back out of the slip made it about 200 yards out and chit went downhill quick.

Next thing I know I have to jump out of the boat in the shallows to keep it from banging against the rocks near the shore.
We had to have a motor boat pull us back to the slip. bang

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: txtrophy85] #9038085 04/24/24 02:10 PM
onlysmith&wesson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
My University had a small lake on campus. I took "Sailing and Canoeing" as a PE class. We learned in the small single sail Sunfish. I was shocked when I learned there was actually a book to read, some lecture time and written tests. Lucky for me the skills test at the end of the semester was 50% of your grade. Sailing is great, a feeling like snow skiing in a way. Speed, motion and mobility with just you working on how to get from point A to point B with no motor. At one time it is what ruled the world and determined which countries would advance and conquer.

Playing a musical instrument shouldn't be on the list.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: txtrophy85] #9038095 04/24/24 02:43 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

When i was in my early 20’s I almost bought one of those little sunfish sailboats. Found the boat and everything just couldn’t get the deal done.

I don’t care if your in a 14’ skiff or a 30’ Donzi, if you’re on the water in a boat you are having fun.

ha, I tried to buy one when I was a kid, came up short. I went to camp Grady Spruce @ PK one year, and learned to sail one. Now I've graduated to flats boats

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: txtrophy85] #9038139 04/24/24 05:53 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I don't know how to sail a boat by myself.
I'm not fluent in a foreign language. I only know a little bit of Spanish through construction work.

The rest, I got covered.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: txtrophy85] #9038162 04/24/24 06:21 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: txtrophy85] #9038163 04/24/24 06:22 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
LOVE the SALT water. tribute to Bill

[Linked Image]

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9038190 04/24/24 07:31 PM
D
dkershen Offline
Rev Dave
Rev Dave
D
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
I’m not fluent in a second language. All rest were just life

BIngo.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: txtrophy85] #9038208 04/24/24 08:26 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I'm more fluent in Spanish the more I drink. Or at least I think I am. Obviously, I'm still working on #21. bang

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: skinnerback] #9038216 04/24/24 08:59 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by skinnerback

Negatory. Frick a sail boat. I grew up on the salt running fishing boats all over. I was working 7 days/week in Brownsville and decided it would be a great idea to invite my young wife and my young kids on a quick "2 hour" sailing trip out of Port Isabel with a man that just won the Kentucky State Lottery and bought a sail boat. Long story short......(these 2 kids are now adults) it was HOT! Little motor didn't work so we just sailed. Yes that's my kid's names tattooed on my chest.

I brought enough food and drinks for my family for a quick little trip in a small cooler. We made it out the jetty and the Captain (looked & acted JUST like CAPTAIN CAVEMAN for those who remember) was at the helm. His wife YELLED at him nonstop and talked to him like he was total garbage. He was a Combat Marine and seemed like a good enough man to have my family around. We both cracked a beer and we were sailing, it was fun. Then (like it does) the wind came in in a BIG way and it was time to cut this 2 hr trip short and get back. I noticed the Captain was chugging those beers pretty hard early with my kids on board so I drank 2 and stopped after having a gut feeling and seeing a look from my wife. This dude got drunk/smashed and could not sail us into the jetty to get home. He tried, and tried, and tried, and tried again and every attempt at trying meant making a big circle beating the [censored] out of us in the swells. If you have ever fished any jetties you know what I'm talking about. We almost hit the rocks his last attempt and I knew what I had to do. After me being polite he would not let me run the boat, he was the CAPTAIN! A 2 hr trip turned into a 12 hr nightmare with hungry dehydrated pissed off sunburnt kids and wife and a captain that was too smashed to listen to anybody. So........after multiple attempts at talking with him I snatched him up and slammed his [censored] to the ground up against the wall and told him that if he swung at me I would beat him until he went to sleep. My family is getting to the dock alive with or without you..that's what I said. I got on the radio and called the Coast Guard, and after some more time of screaming kids and a very angry wife they found our vessel and towed us all the way back to the dock.

Yeh, let's go sailing........

Took the wife along to "inspect" a couple's rather large place with lots of oil activity on it down near Cotulla. Went riding around on the side by side, got back to the house where they fixed margaritas. The other guy's wife asked us if we had ever sailed around in a catamaran. The reply was negative. She indicated they had chartered a 48 foot Leopard Cat for ten nights and wanted us to come along. Sailing around the Virgin Islands was pretty nice.

Re: Men today are behind the 8 ball [Re: txtrophy85] #9038239 04/24/24 10:32 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
If I did the math I think I would "pass". But no way an "A". You can try to take my man card but Im not giving it up easily......

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide