Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review #9001523 02/07/24 08:49 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Got a surprise call Monday that my truck was in, which was interesting because it was built on the 6th of January and wasn't scheduled for delivery until March/April.

Anyway, went and swapped my 2021 Ford Lariat Tremor for a 2024 AT4X 2500.

I've had GM products off and on, my wife has had a couple of Tahoe's and Suburban's and is currently in a GM SUV, I've had a 1500 Chevy and one son drives the same currently. Decided to give GMC a try as I wasn't all that thrilled with the "updated' 3/4 ton trucks Ford is putting out, and compared to the GMC, the Chevy version is, Imo not up to the same level of aesthetics as its cousin.

Waffled back and forth between the AT4 and the AT4X, eventually decided to go all out and get the X.

It just turned 100 miles on the ODO and wanted to write up a initial review for those who are or may be looking in the near future.

Exterior Appearance: The truck has a very bold stance. Much more so than a standard 2500 HD in any trim, even the AT4. It comes equipped with the metric equivalent of 35x12" Goodyear all terrain tires, which is noticeably wider than the Tremors 35x11" tires they are equipped with. They say it has a factory 1.5" lift, but I question that as it sits so much higher than the other 2500 Models. One thing I always loved about Ford was the tall ride height of the 3/4 tons, most GM products are low to the ground, even the 4-wheel drive models. They got it right with this truck. Bedliner came sprayed from the factory. I ordered this truck with a gooseneck prep package, which came drilled from the factory with 4 holes plus the ball mount for a gooseneck or 5th wheel towing.
Front end does not have a low hanging Air Dam ( truck does not have one at all ) so it has that beat over the Ford Tremor (even though the Air Dam on the Tremor is shortened). I prefer the look of the stock front end of the GMC over all others ( Ford, Chevy, Dodge) but as soon as they are released from Ranch Hand, its getting a Summit Series front and rear replacement.

Interior: - Very nice interior- Unique leather seats and trim, its more edgy than the Denali although it's an equivalent trim level. Prefer the screen and dash controls over the Ford, although generous enough, it does not have the center compartment space or deep console storage the Ford has. It also does not have the bottom door storage that the Ford has. Its adequate, but I live out of my truck most days and prefer to have the storage space at the expense of cupholders and small compartments for my day-to-day items I carry around. I'm not an engineer, some misses Imo are the poor placement of both the Ignition button ( its now part of the center dash control cluster instead of bottom right of steering column) and the extremely poor placement of the trailer brake controller. It's just below the center console next to the cupholder, if it was placed on either side of the steering column, where it is with every other truck, there would be room for additional console/cupholder storage. If you used it every day in a live action setting, it would be perfectly placed, but not for a feature that you set once every so often and then forget about. Back seat is roomy and although not quite as big as Ford, it's certainly big enough for 3 adults. Headspace also got a boost with a recessed ceiling. Back seats sit a little higher than the Ford for better visibility; I ordered a under seat storage that comes with a removable lid, I decided to forgo the lid for a while and keep it open. The storage box appears to be a little narrower, but when i filled it with the same contents, it actually has more room due to it being deeper than the Ford. There are also storage compartments INSIDE the center of the back of the rear seats where you can store small items, tools, etc. that you would want easier access to. Big win here for GMC. Everything else its on par with the competition; both have heated/cooled front seats, heated rears, etc. I do wish GM would have a true selectable auto feature for the headlights, so you don't have to turn them off every time you got into the truck.

Driveability & Performance-This one surprised me. I've never spent much time behind the wheel of a Duramax, the last one I drove was in 2016 and was, lets say, less than impressive. I've owned a number of diesel trucks and my family had them going back to the Mid 90's, so I'm no stranger to Ford Diesels. I started this one up and immediately noticed how quiet it is. Standing outside, you can barely hear it running. Inside the truck, it's almost imperceptible at an idle. I'm approaching 40, I'm way past wanting a loud vehicle, so I appreciate the low decibel level. Put it in drive and take off, the truck runs smooth with almost zero turbo lag. For people who remember driving stock 7.3's and 5.9's, you know all about the lag. Every year model they have gotten a little bit better, but with this truck it's pretty much non-existent, which was my original complaint with the Duramax in 2016. Truck accelerates to speed effortlessly. The gear shifts are seamless and butter smooth, which they were not with either the 6 speed or 10 speed Ford. Ford was smooth, but this almost feels like the truck has a CVT tranny and not 10 gears. Driving at highway speeds, truck stays planted and does not wander. I have not gotten thru break in so my accelerations have been gentle, but this truck does not seem to have the same de-tune settings in 1st, 2nd and 3rd like my last Ford with plenty of USEABLE power down low. There were times in my Ford where i would mash the gas and the truck would barely move until it figured out I was trying to go somewhere and then would launch. The Ford beats it by a good margin in numbers (475 hp/1200ft. lbs vs. 470 hp/970 ft. lbs) , but I don't think at these power levels if you can really tell a difference. Ride quality is AMAZING. Think rides like a half ton. Turning radius is much improved over previous year model GMs. The AT4X has DSSV multimatic spool dampers that claim to deliver a smooth ride on and off the road, I won't take it off road until tomorrow but the on-road ride quality is much, much better than my Tremor, which was pretty dang good in its own right compared to the FX4. I was hoping for and needing a good ride and so far, this one delivers. Fuel economy isn't in yet as I've only done some light highway and driving on rural backroads but will report back tomorrow.

Some other items of importance- Few other differences that are of notable mention is this truck is a smidge wider, a smidge taller and about 4" longer than the Ford F-250 with the standard bed. This translates into a slightly longer and deeper bed. Fuel capacity is also greater, this one featuring a 36 gallon fuel tank. Although for what I do, an overall bigger truck is more of a negative than a positive, it's a trade-off that has its pro's in relation to the cons.

Things the Jury is out on- Durability is the main one. The solid axle Ford is a tough truck. By design, an IFS system, especially with a diesel, isn't as stout as a live axle, but is it stout enough to endure many, many miles of rough, rocky ranch roads, washboard caliche roads and cracked and pothole filled pavement? Only time will tell. One thing I will say, is that I think GM is missing the boat on not having a front limited slip/locker in this truck. Its standard feature in the half ton, but I'm a believer in how much of a difference it makes after driving the Tremor off road. It's a game changer. The Tremor, off road, was hands down the best 3/4 ton truck I've ever been in, much improved over the 17' FX4 I was in before. With those skinny pizza cutter M/T's and the limited slip, it would crawl up hills and go thru muddy washes like no other. I had a lot of confidence in it off road once the conditions got bad. While not an apples to apples set up, I hope the AT4X performs close to the same. No questions this rig will be more comfortable, only question is will it hold up.

The Final Takeaway- GM has produced probably the most Badassed Heavy Duty truck on the market in terms of looks and comfort. I'm hoping its not all hat and no cattle. Ford has some, I'll say more practical features both inside and out but its wrapped in a ugly and i dare say outdated design. I was not as thrilled with the Ford this last go around due to some issues with the truck , which in large part prompted my shift of brands. For anyone in the market, give the GM 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton platform a look. I'm sure you will be as impressed as I was.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9001576 02/07/24 10:20 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Really nice and thorough review. I hope you enjoy the new truck and don’t get it scratched up too soon !

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9003495 02/11/24 12:20 AM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Got a surprise call Monday that my truck was in, which was interesting because it was built on the 6th of January and wasn't scheduled for delivery until March/April.

Anyway, went and swapped my 2021 Ford Lariat Tremor for a 2024 AT4X 2500.

I've had GM products off and on, my wife has had a couple of Tahoe's and Suburban's and is currently in a GM SUV, I've had a 1500 Chevy and one son drives the same currently. Decided to give GMC a try as I wasn't all that thrilled with the "updated' 3/4 ton trucks Ford is putting out, and compared to the GMC, the Chevy version is, Imo not up to the same level of aesthetics as its cousin.

Waffled back and forth between the AT4 and the AT4X, eventually decided to go all out and get the X.

It just turned 100 miles on the ODO and wanted to write up a initial review for those who are or may be looking in the near future.

Exterior Appearance: The truck has a very bold stance. Much more so than a standard 2500 HD in any trim, even the AT4. It comes equipped with the metric equivalent of 35x12" Goodyear all terrain tires, which is noticeably wider than the Tremors 35x11" tires they are equipped with. They say it has a factory 1.5" lift, but I question that as it sits so much higher than the other 2500 Models. One thing I always loved about Ford was the tall ride height of the 3/4 tons, most GM products are low to the ground, even the 4-wheel drive models. They got it right with this truck. Bedliner came sprayed from the factory. I ordered this truck with a gooseneck prep package, which came drilled from the factory with 4 holes plus the ball mount for a gooseneck or 5th wheel towing.
Front end does not have a low hanging Air Dam ( truck does not have one at all ) so it has that beat over the Ford Tremor (even though the Air Dam on the Tremor is shortened). I prefer the look of the stock front end of the GMC over all others ( Ford, Chevy, Dodge) but as soon as they are released from Ranch Hand, its getting a Summit Series front and rear replacement.

Interior: - Very nice interior- Unique leather seats and trim, its more edgy than the Denali although it's an equivalent trim level. Prefer the screen and dash controls over the Ford, although generous enough, it does not have the center compartment space or deep console storage the Ford has. It also does not have the bottom door storage that the Ford has. Its adequate, but I live out of my truck most days and prefer to have the storage space at the expense of cupholders and small compartments for my day-to-day items I carry around. I'm not an engineer, some misses Imo are the poor placement of both the Ignition button ( its now part of the center dash control cluster instead of bottom right of steering column) and the extremely poor placement of the trailer brake controller. It's just below the center console next to the cupholder, if it was placed on either side of the steering column, where it is with every other truck, there would be room for additional console/cupholder storage. If you used it every day in a live action setting, it would be perfectly placed, but not for a feature that you set once every so often and then forget about. Back seat is roomy and although not quite as big as Ford, it's certainly big enough for 3 adults. Headspace also got a boost with a recessed ceiling. Back seats sit a little higher than the Ford for better visibility; I ordered a under seat storage that comes with a removable lid, I decided to forgo the lid for a while and keep it open. The storage box appears to be a little narrower, but when i filled it with the same contents, it actually has more room due to it being deeper than the Ford. There are also storage compartments INSIDE the center of the back of the rear seats where you can store small items, tools, etc. that you would want easier access to. Big win here for GMC. Everything else its on par with the competition; both have heated/cooled front seats, heated rears, etc. I do wish GM would have a true selectable auto feature for the headlights, so you don't have to turn them off every time you got into the truck.

Driveability & Performance-This one surprised me. I've never spent much time behind the wheel of a Duramax, the last one I drove was in 2016 and was, lets say, less than impressive. I've owned a number of diesel trucks and my family had them going back to the Mid 90's, so I'm no stranger to Ford Diesels. I started this one up and immediately noticed how quiet it is. Standing outside, you can barely hear it running. Inside the truck, it's almost imperceptible at an idle. I'm approaching 40, I'm way past wanting a loud vehicle, so I appreciate the low decibel level. Put it in drive and take off, the truck runs smooth with almost zero turbo lag. For people who remember driving stock 7.3's and 5.9's, you know all about the lag. Every year model they have gotten a little bit better, but with this truck it's pretty much non-existent, which was my original complaint with the Duramax in 2016. Truck accelerates to speed effortlessly. The gear shifts are seamless and butter smooth, which they were not with either the 6 speed or 10 speed Ford. Ford was smooth, but this almost feels like the truck has a CVT tranny and not 10 gears. Driving at highway speeds, truck stays planted and does not wander. I have not gotten thru break in so my accelerations have been gentle, but this truck does not seem to have the same de-tune settings in 1st, 2nd and 3rd like my last Ford with plenty of USEABLE power down low. There were times in my Ford where i would mash the gas and the truck would barely move until it figured out I was trying to go somewhere and then would launch. The Ford beats it by a good margin in numbers (475 hp/1200ft. lbs vs. 470 hp/970 ft. lbs) , but I don't think at these power levels if you can really tell a difference. Ride quality is AMAZING. Think rides like a half ton. Turning radius is much improved over previous year model GMs. The AT4X has DSSV multimatic spool dampers that claim to deliver a smooth ride on and off the road, I won't take it off road until tomorrow but the on-road ride quality is much, much better than my Tremor, which was pretty dang good in its own right compared to the FX4. I was hoping for and needing a good ride and so far, this one delivers. Fuel economy isn't in yet as I've only done some light highway and driving on rural backroads but will report back tomorrow.

Some other items of importance- Few other differences that are of notable mention is this truck is a smidge wider, a smidge taller and about 4" longer than the Ford F-250 with the standard bed. This translates into a slightly longer and deeper bed. Fuel capacity is also greater, this one featuring a 36 gallon fuel tank. Although for what I do, an overall bigger truck is more of a negative than a positive, it's a trade-off that has its pro's in relation to the cons.

Things the Jury is out on- Durability is the main one. The solid axle Ford is a tough truck. By design, an IFS system, especially with a diesel, isn't as stout as a live axle, but is it stout enough to endure many, many miles of rough, rocky ranch roads, washboard caliche roads and cracked and pothole filled pavement? Only time will tell. One thing I will say, is that I think GM is missing the boat on not having a front limited slip/locker in this truck. Its standard feature in the half ton, but I'm a believer in how much of a difference it makes after driving the Tremor off road. It's a game changer. The Tremor, off road, was hands down the best 3/4 ton truck I've ever been in, much improved over the 17' FX4 I was in before. With those skinny pizza cutter M/T's and the limited slip, it would crawl up hills and go thru muddy washes like no other. I had a lot of confidence in it off road once the conditions got bad. While not an apples to apples set up, I hope the AT4X performs close to the same. No questions this rig will be more comfortable, only question is will it hold up.

The Final Takeaway- GM has produced probably the most Badassed Heavy Duty truck on the market in terms of looks and comfort. I'm hoping its not all hat and no cattle. Ford has some, I'll say more practical features both inside and out but its wrapped in an ugly and i dare say outdated design. I was not as thrilled with the Ford this last go around due to some issues with the truck , which in large part prompted my shift of brands. For anyone in the market, give the GM 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton platform a look. I'm sure you will be as impressed as I was.

What issues did you have with the previous Ford?

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9003553 02/11/24 01:41 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Electric and transmission issues. Truck would slam gears shifting from 6-7th. Not every time but probably about 1 in 30 shifts. One time it did it so hard I’m shocked it didn’t snap a U-joint.

During the freeze a few weeks back, I had it plugged in to the heater in the driveway. Started it up and let it idle for about 10-15 min then got in, put it on reverse and….nothing. Put it in drive and it wouldn’t go anywhere. I gradually got it up to around 3000 rpm and it SLOWLY started to inch forward until I got it back into my driveway. Figured that was all she wrote for the granny and went back inside. Next day, started it again in the same weather conditions and it drove fine.

Other times, mostly while towing a trailer, it would flash and say there was a DEF malfunction and speed would be limited to 50 mph in 50 miles. Most of the time it would turn off within 5-7 miles but sometimes it stayed on for 30+. I took a trip to Alabama over the summer and thought it was gonna strand me and my son on the side of the road with the boat in BFE Mississippi.

I’m not holding it against Ford, a lot of it had to do with the lack up updates to the body style and interior ( I’ve already had two identical Superduty’s and didn’t really want a 3rd one ) but the last truck didn’t instill a lot of confidence in me once it got to about 80k miles

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9003715 02/11/24 01:18 PM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
We sold a few. Odd how many people can afford a six digit 2500 out here away from DFW. Guess it's business from anywhere if you got what someone is looking for...

Pass the gravy.

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9003738 02/11/24 01:57 PM
B
Bassdeer Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
B
worthless

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: Bassdeer] #9003780 02/11/24 02:40 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Bassdeer
worthless

[Linked Image]

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9003808 02/11/24 03:19 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
That’s the exact truck I’ve been looking at. The fuel mileage I’ve been hearing is dismal, most reporting 16 MPG on the highway. For a truck, even though it’s a big heavy truck, you would think that 10 speed would do better. I’ve been eyeing the Tremor also, as I need a better off road truck than my current Ram. But, in the end, my Ram is still a reliable truck that been paid off for 6 years and the thought of a $95,000 truck purchase turns my stomach. I keep my trucks for 10+ years, so durability is important

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9003876 02/11/24 06:02 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
My Tremor wound up getting 16-17mpg on the highway.

When I got it, it would get 20-21 on a flat stretch doing 75 but that quickly went away. It would get 20 doing about 65 mph but I can’t drive that slow.

This truck has a bit less than 500 miles on it now and I’m getting around 16 mpg….about what the tremor did

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9003881 02/11/24 06:08 PM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
The new Super Duty my 23 3.31 gears and a 10 speed I am averaging 20 city highway combined. My 2017 was 16. This 23 Highway consistent 25. That’s driving with the speed of traffic.

18,000 miles on her now.

On your truck, the pick up bed is too small. I like the color, but still cannot get over the square fender wells and the teenage braces grill. There is a reason that there are different varieties. Not everyone will like the same look. The Ford is more classy and the GM is rugged, imo.

Last edited by Superduty; 02/11/24 06:11 PM.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: Superduty] #9003893 02/11/24 06:26 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Superduty
The new Super Duty my 23 3.31 gears and a 10 speed I am averaging 20 city highway combined. My 2017 was 16. This 23 Highway consistent 25. That’s driving with the speed of traffic.

18,000 miles on her now.

On your truck, the pick up bed is too small. I like the color, but still cannot get over the square fender wells and the teenage braces grill. There is a reason that there are different varieties. Not everyone will like the same look. The Ford is more classy and the GM is rugged, imo.

Go look at a Denali, or Delia Ultimate, those are seriously nice.

I average 18.5, that’s 80mph on the highway

Last edited by BigPig; 02/11/24 06:29 PM.
Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9003927 02/11/24 07:34 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Im impressed with the multimatic shocks. Buddy as a 1500 at4x.

Becareful though. The doors are aluminum

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: Superduty] #9003943 02/11/24 07:49 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T

18,000 miles on her now.

With the smaller 34” Michelin street treads, the 3:31 gears and a stock front end, I’m not surprised at 20 mpg highway. But the same truck with 3:55 gears, front and rear replacement bumpers a 35” A/T’s or M/T’s, you’re gonna be lower. 130k on my tremor when I traded it and the lifetime average was 16 mpg. This was a mix of unloaded highway driving, dragging a trailer thru the hills at 70-80 mph and crawling down rough two tracks.

The Ford, by design, is more ruggedly built due to the straight front axle. The interior of the Denali trims ( which this is a variant) is more luxury than the more utilitarian trim of the Fords, even the King Ranches and Platinums. This truck is the equivalent of a Platinum with the Tremor package.

On the bed…there is 4 cu.ft more space in this bed vs. the superduty swb. It’s a few inches longer and deeper. The baby beds you’re thinking of comes on the 1/2 tons. And the front end of the new fords looks like a flathead catfish going down the road.

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9003944 02/11/24 07:50 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

The 2017 and up Fords are aluminum too. Look at it hard enough they dent.

Pig,

Cummins 6 cyl always seemed to get better mileage than the V-8’s. I do remember the original D-Maxes would get 21-22 mpg ( pre def) but they wouldn’t pull a door closed.

Reliability wise, I can’t say what you’ll be better off going with. This last truck had issues that would imo have prevented it from being a 10 year ride. My 17 probably would have been, aside from an oil leak that was common for that year model, thing ran great. Had 164k on it when I traded it out, but ran like a top.

The Rams in a 3/4 ton platform ride too rough for me to consider them for what I do, but they have probsbly the nicest interior of them all in the Limited Longhorn. That truck price wise is gonna run neck and neck with the others though.

To replicate my last truck it was gonna cost $88k. $95k if I moved into the King ranch or platinum. The Laramie longhorn was $93k. Trucks are just outrageous these days.

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9003972 02/11/24 08:57 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
How was the trade in value of the Tremor?

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: 68rustbucket] #9003989 02/11/24 09:52 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
How was the trade in value of the Tremor?

The used market has softened quite a bit from 2 years ago. They gave me $40k for it. Actually took it to 3 different places and this was the highest.

One thing I will tell you is, I don’t believe the upfront cost of the tremor package equates to an equal value on the back end of a trade. May make a difference during a private party transaction, but the dealerships don’t seem to factor it in.

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9004061 02/12/24 12:23 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

Pig,

Cummins 6 cyl always seemed to get better mileage than the V-8’s. I do remember the original D-Maxes would get 21-22 mpg ( pre def) but they wouldn’t pull a door closed.

Reliability wise, I can’t say what you’ll be better off going with. This last truck had issues that would imo have prevented it from being a 10 year ride. My 17 probably would have been, aside from an oil leak that was common for that year model, thing ran great. Had 164k on it when I traded it out, but ran like a top.

The Rams in a 3/4 ton platform ride too rough for me to consider them for what I do, but they have probsbly the nicest interior of them all in the Limited Longhorn. That truck price wise is gonna run neck and neck with the others though.

To replicate my last truck it was gonna cost $88k. $95k if I moved into the King ranch or platinum. The Laramie longhorn was $93k. Trucks are just outrageous these days.

I found a 2024 Ram 2500 Limited Mega Cab listed for $80,500, really piqued my interest in a new vehicle. I’d have to send it off to get an electric locker in the rear though. That’s the only reason for looking at the Tremor or AT4X. I could add a locker to my current truck and just keep on rolling to 300,000 miles.

I’m too cheap to buy myself anything, so I’ll probably keep rolling the Beached Whale for a while.

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9004072 02/12/24 12:46 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
$80k is a hell of a deal.

Just built a Limited Longhorn Crew Cab online with the same specs ( as much a possible ) as the AT4X and it was $97k

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: BigPig] #9004073 02/12/24 12:54 AM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by BigPig

Pig,

I found a 2024 Ram 2500 Limited Mega Cab listed for $80,500, really piqued my interest in a new vehicle. I’d have to send it off to get an electric locker in the rear though. That’s the only reason for looking at the Tremor or AT4X. I could add a locker to my current truck and just keep on rolling to 300,000 miles.

I’m too cheap to buy myself anything, so I’ll probably keep rolling the Beached Whale for a while.

Mine has a rear locker, Lariat Ultimate.

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: Superduty] #9004080 02/12/24 01:06 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by BigPig

Pig,

Mine has a rear locker, Lariat Ultimate.

Ram has them in the new Rebel 2500 but it looks like Judd.

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9004083 02/12/24 01:08 AM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
rofl

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9005070 02/13/24 07:11 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
That is one nice truck! I’m working cattle this weekend; I say drive that thing up here and let’s break it in!

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9005091 02/13/24 08:15 PM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
Friend of mine sent me this today.

[Linked Image]

Thought it was funny. I was driving in Dallas today and your exact truck pulled next to mine at a light and the front end was taller than mine. It looked nice. Not enough for me to swap, but still nice.

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9005430 02/14/24 03:08 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Yeah but that’s a Chevy, undoubtedly the ugliest of the HD trucks

Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review [Re: txtrophy85] #9005584 02/14/24 07:40 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
The Chevy is a pretty ugly truck. I looked at a 2500 ZR2, it's pretty much a different truck that has similar features, the days of Chevy and GMC being the same with a couple of minor variations are gone. The interior is very different, the GMC has different headlights, grill, Bumper, etc. Price difference is about $8k.

The only thing I like about the Chevy version better than the GMC is the location of the trailer brake control and the cupholder/front tray. GMC could have done better in that department.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide