Print Thread
I hate it when it's over but . . . #8983854 01/08/24 01:47 PM
P
passthru Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
I know it never really ends. I did get a small addition to the crackpot last week. But it didnt ease the sting of another year of deer season slipping away..
Yeah there is the extended two weeks of doe and spike. Which I will go but only target the uncooperative pigs. But already I'm looking at gear, draw hunts, and other things that have to be done as well.
I thank The Lord God for letting me enjoy one more season and pry its His will I get to enjoy the next one.
But if not, 2023 was a good year for me with my stick bows. Trophies in Africa and a good mature buck in Texas made fir a satisfying experience even if my total number of takes was down.
May God bless and keep y'all till next season when you can again feel the crisp wind of autumn in the woods, bow in hand.

Attached Files Screenshot_20240105_201329_Photos.jpg

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: I hate it when it's over but . . . [Re: passthru] #8983954 01/08/24 04:09 PM
S
Sauerkraut Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Originally Posted by passthru
I know it never really ends. I did get a small addition to the crackpot last week. But it didnt ease the sting of another year of deer season slipping away..
Yeah there is the extended two weeks of doe and spike. Which I will go but only target the uncooperative pigs. But already I'm looking at gear, draw hunts, and other things that have to be done as well.
I thank The Lord God for letting me enjoy one more season and pry its His will I get to enjoy the next one.
But if not, 2023 was a good year for me with my stick bows. Trophies in Africa and a good mature buck in Texas made fir a satisfying experience even if my total number of takes was down.
May God bless and keep y'all till next season when you can again feel the crisp wind of autumn in the woods, bow in hand.

Some of the best eating in the woods right there! Always bitter sweet when it comes to an end. I need the rest, but I’m going to miss it. Headed to OK this weekend for one last ‘hurrah’.

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom." - Ecclesiastes 9:10
Re: I hate it when it's over but . . . [Re: passthru] #8984260 01/09/24 12:44 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Weird year for me this deer season. Didn’t get to hunt nearly as much and I did not get an animal with trad equipment though I had several misses. Took a red stag and a whitetail with my compound and shot a water Buffalo, moose and one buck Saturday with my rifle plus two hogs total in 2023, so it was successful. Gonna re-evaluate my hunting adventures going forward as I’m plum out of room for trophies and have to be extremely selective on what goes where.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: I hate it when it's over but . . . [Re: Sauerkraut] #8984445 01/09/24 06:58 AM
P
passthru Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Sauerkraut
Originally Posted by passthru

Some of the best eating in the woods right there! Always bitter sweet when it comes to an end. I need the rest, but I’m going to miss it. Headed to OK this weekend for one last ‘hurrah’.

Git sum.

NRA Life Member
Re: I hate it when it's over but . . . [Re: txtrophy85] #8984446 01/09/24 07:00 AM
P
passthru Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Weird year for me this deer season. Didn’t get to hunt nearly as much and I did not get an animal with trad equipment though I had several misses. Took a red stag and a whitetail with my compound and shot a water Buffalo, moose and one buck Saturday with my rifle plus two hogs total in 2023, so it was successful. Gonna re-evaluate my hunting adventures going forward as I’m plum out of room for trophies and have to be extremely selective on what goes where.

That's a challenge in my little house as well. But . . . . I'm still going back to Sofala Safaris in south Africa in 2025.

NRA Life Member
Re: I hate it when it's over but . . . [Re: passthru] #8984555 01/09/24 03:25 PM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
I still have until the end of the month for deer then will be doing a bunch of tractor work on the property, afraid the swamp will be too wet after the rain last night but we will see. Can still clear out some holes left by the loggers after the pines were thinned out.

Hunting this year has been slow for me but got meat in the freezer and nothing with the bow, but shoulder surgery 2 weeks before season limited that big time.

Next up for me after the end of the month hunting wise will be Spring turkey. One of my favorite things to hunt.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: I hate it when it's over but . . . [Re: passthru] #8984588 01/09/24 03:48 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
With as many pigs as we have on property, hunting season never ends. Between trapping and hunting, I want to really put some pressure on the pigs this year. Only killed 38 in 2023. Need to triple that.

Re: I hate it when it's over but . . . [Re: passthru] #8984622 01/09/24 04:40 PM
P
passthru Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
We've had years I've killed 50 pigs on our place. The last couple have been rough though. Tge only thing that made it easier is I worked a lot to pay for my Africa adventures. I won't be working as much this year as with the election coming up and an already stalled economy, things have slowed. So hopefully I will pig hunt more.
3D season starts soon. I need to get ready for it as well.

NRA Life Member
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide