Forums46
Topics538,711
Posts9,740,288
Members87,103
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: J.G.] #8896680 08/07/23 01:07 AM
J
jlsbassman Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted by J.G.
Originally Posted by jlsbassman

A hand loaded 6.4X47L will be making a whole lot more MV than a factory 6.5 Creedmoor. They don't care. They buy ammo off the shelves. And it's all watered down.

I reload and I get it with many cartridges that are way better than the Creedmoor, but 90 percent of the people I know that shoot don’t reload. That’s why I think the Creedmoor is so popular, ammo on the shelf.

That is exactly why the 6.5 Creedmoor is so popular.

Marketing be damned, the ammo is on the shelves.

Remington never learned that lesson, over many decades.

You can market all you want but marketing isn’t everything. There has to be something to market for it to work.

Democrats are so dumb.
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: Judd] #8896681 08/07/23 01:11 AM
J
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Judd
[Linked Image]

Nuff said….

Seriously, it’s the internet legends and Texas Dan’s internet “experts” is why I hate the Gaymoor. Most aren’t knowledgeable enough to realize it’s not that special and quite frankly is anemic. But factory ammo shooters believe it’s signs of the second coming. rolleyes

Now, neck that dude down to 22 or 6 and magic happens but that’s because it picks up a whole bunch of speed.

Just can’t figure out the haters.

Democrats are so dumb.
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: Judd] #8896682 08/07/23 01:12 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Seriously, it’s the internet legends and Texas Dan’s internet “experts” is why I hate the Gaymoor. Most aren’t knowledgeable enough to realize it’s not that special and quite frankly is anemic. But factory ammo shooters believe it’s signs of the second coming. rolleyes

Now, neck that dude down to 22 or 6 and magic happens but that’s because it picks up a whole bunch of speed.

Yeah, and you own two Creedmoor based cartridge rifles.

Shut up. elmer

.308 Win wildcats, that became SAAMI

.243 Win (6mm)
.260 Rem (6.5mm)
7mm-08
.338 Federal

6.5 Creedmoor wildcats that have or will be SAAMI

.22 Creedmoor
.25 Creedmoor
6mm Creedmoor
8.6 Blackout (.338)

Looks like we need a 7mm Creedmoor, and we've exceeded the .308 Win.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: Texas Dan] #8896693 08/07/23 01:43 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
WE HATE IT BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE HATE IT!

(we don't know why)

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: jlsbassman] #8896694 08/07/23 01:46 AM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
[Linked Image]

Nuff said….

It is the secret handshake that makes some of us want to spit.
[Linked Image]

For me it just that some have been doing what the Creedmoor does, with a swede for a long time. Great cartridge and marketing by Hornady. Cool but already been done for a very long time. First by the swede. Then the .260. 10 years later Hornady plays follow the leader and the revolutionary 6.5 creedmoor takes the shooting world by storm. It is here to stay. Actually does not get as much respect as it deserves for the potential on game performance from most with the exception of those who have seen big stuff shot with heavies out of a swede.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: Texas Dan] #8896696 08/07/23 01:46 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: J.G.] #8896697 08/07/23 01:47 AM
J
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
J
WE HATE IT BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE HATE IT!

(we don't know why)

I guess I should hate mine too, just because you have to work on loading them as much.

Democrats are so dumb.
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: Smokey Bear] #8896699 08/07/23 01:51 AM
J
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
[Linked Image]

Nuff said….

[Linked Image]

For me it just that some have been doing what the Creedmoor does, with a swede for a long time. Great cartridge and marketing by Hornady. Cool but already been done for a very long time. First by the swede. Then the .260. 10 years later Hornady plays follow the leader and the revolutionary 6.5 creedmoor takes the shooting world by storm. It is here to stay. Actually does not get as much respect as it deserves for the potential on game performance from most with the exception of those who have seen big stuff shot with heavies out of a swede.

Seems to me it gets all the respect and the dollars it needs, shelves have 6.5CM but I don’t see any 260 rem or 6.5X55. How much more respect does it need. Pocket full of dollar bills is what Hornady needs as far as respect goes.

Democrats are so dumb.
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: jlsbassman] #8896705 08/07/23 01:59 AM
S
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
[Linked Image]

Nuff said….

[Linked Image]

Seems to me it gets all the respect and the dollars it needs, shelves have 6.5CM but I don’t see any 260 rem or 6.5X55. How much more respect does it need. Pocket full of dollar bills is what Hornady needs as far as respect goes.

Shelves full of factory ammunition don’t mean beans to me. The fact that the sectional density of a 6.5 mm bullet will let you take a heavy cup and core bullet at modest velocity and go kill caribou, or elk, or moose like has been done for over a century is the respect I am talking about.

Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: J.G.] #8896707 08/07/23 02:00 AM
S
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
[Linked Image]

Dunning-Kruger effect.

Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: Judd] #8896750 08/07/23 04:28 AM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
[Linked Image]

Nuff said….

I understand hating the idiocracy around the 6.5 creedmoor hype. I was at Scheels a few years ago and overheard a salesman telling a guy that the 6.5CM was faster than a .270 with a heavier bullet. The salesman was selling it like it was the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ himself. I usually don't butt in, but the info was so way off base that I just had to. That said, the 6.5CM doesn't have a monopoly on idiocracy. That shouldn't take away from the truly good attributes of the cartridge.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: J.G.] #8896751 08/07/23 04:36 AM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior

Yeah, and you own two Creedmoor based cartridge rifles.

Shut up. elmer

.308 Win wildcats, that became SAAMI

.243 Win (6mm)
.260 Rem (6.5mm)
7mm-08
.338 Federal
358 Winchester

6.5 Creedmoor wildcats that have or will be SAAMI

.22 Creedmoor
.25 Creedmoor
6mm Creedmoor
8.6 Blackout (.338)

Looks like we need a 7mm Creedmoor, and we've exceeded the .308 Win.

Missed one SAAMI one there added it in.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: kmon11] #8896766 08/07/23 10:19 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Thank you

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: Smokey Bear] #8896768 08/07/23 10:20 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
[Linked Image]

Dunning-Kruger effect.

Who? Dan?

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: Texas Dan] #8896773 08/07/23 10:54 AM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Judd, is that you? peep

[Linked Image]
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: J.G.] #8896840 08/07/23 01:37 PM
S
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
[Linked Image]

Dunning-Kruger effect.

Who? Dan?

What I was alluding to:
The swede is reported to have 11% more case capacity. In my tests with my brass I get 10%. Initially it was loaded between 55k-62k psi. Saami watered it down to 51k psi. It makes more velocity with less pressure than the creedmoor. Loading for modern rifles to the pressure it was designed around, it leaves the creedmoor behind. Because it is a mid length cartridge, it is loaded in a long action. That long action allows handloaders to seat long heavy high BC Bullets like the ELD long, where they perform best, since they are not limited by a short action rifle. If you like speed, which I do, the sweede will push a 130 at 270win velocity but will hold onto it further and drift less in the wind. The 6.5 creedmoor does what the 6.5x55 does, but not as well.

Last edited by Smokey Bear; 08/07/23 01:49 PM.

Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: J.G.] #8896869 08/07/23 02:15 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
The biggest part I don’t get is why all the hate for such a good cartridge, especially on here. It seems like everybody should love it, sit by your feeder a 100 yds out, can’t miss. Shoot some steel at 500, works great. Feeds well in an AR platform. It’s almost a no brainer.

Fudds.

They don't have a legitimate, good reason.

Exactly like Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Creedmoor Derangement Syndrome

Exactly....and it's a failed effort. The 6.5CM is kicking [censored] and taking names and will continue to do so. Every rifle maker on the planet offers the cartridge for good reason. It fits in a short action, you can load long, skinny, high BC bullets easily and in many rifles seat them out to at least 2.95 oal. It is an extremely accurate cartridge by design and that has to do with the shoulder angle setup. The most obvious, and has been mentioned already but nobody seems to grasp.....90+% of users do not handload, and never will. There is an abundance of very accurate factory ammo that will satisfy everyone except the internet afficionados. It's really very simple, obvious, and undeniable.

Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: Texas Dan] #8896923 08/07/23 03:35 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
If there's one thing this forum needs, it's the ability to create a post without allowing comments like FB and other online sources do. There are times when the intention is only to share information for what it's worth and that alone.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: Texas Dan] #8896927 08/07/23 03:42 PM
L
LonestarCobra Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
If there's one thing this forum needs, it's the ability to create a post without allowing comments like FB and other online sources do. There are times when the intention is only to share information for what it's worth and that alone.

The Mods can do that when the topic is worthy, its called a Sticky, and can be locked.

Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: Texas Dan] #8896935 08/07/23 04:01 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
C
Texas Dan,

Majority of your posts include a video, article or social media post from a source that is not credible or their comments are ridiculous. Then your other comments are so off the wall or far fetched that it wasn't even worth reading. I have found it's just easier to not click on them. Below is the best option I have found!

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: Texas Dan] #8896958 08/07/23 04:45 PM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W

Maybe….

We can get you your own sub forum. You can even title it. The forum in its entirety will be locked except to you. I like this idea the best. In fact you can only view it after applying and being approved by you. Then there will be a membership similar to the Bunker. Also, you can not post outside of this forum.

Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: ChadTRG42] #8896963 08/07/23 04:49 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
I have found it's just easier to not click on them

Although, I sometimes read a few days later for the comedy of the entire thread. I certainly never leave those threads feeling any more informed.

Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: Texas Dan] #8896966 08/07/23 04:51 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G

There may be forums out there like that already, just waiting for you to arrive. If not, start one. Please close the door when you leave.

Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: wp75169] #8897051 08/07/23 07:17 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted by wp75169
I think the Swede in a modern firearm can walk away from the Crede at the same pressures.

You 're the only one that truly know about bullet , cartridge, performance and history

6.5 swede was designed, defined, came to fruition based on physics and was done so back in the days..... impressive

Re: The real story behind the 6.5 Creedmoor [Re: Texas Dan] #8897176 08/07/23 10:20 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Terrible idea.

Especially for your posts. You are the number one offender of spreading bad information. You are one of the top members that make this forum look bad. You are one of the top members that have made other GOOD members leave for good.

Plenty of your posts get ignored by a huge percentage of other members.

When you do get replies, it is usually to make corrections of bad information you have tried to share. And most of it, you copied and pasted from someone else. According to you, because they have a YouTube page, they immediately know what they are talking about. That just is not so.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide