Forums46
Topics538,717
Posts9,740,432
Members87,103
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: freerange] #8875675 06/29/23 09:48 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by freerange
Originally Posted by Stompy
I bought a 350# one today, putting it together tomorrow. Hope you guys are right about the quality.

I bailed out at “putting it together”…..

From the looks of the box (big and heavy) may just have to bolt the legs on.

Someone asked "where are they made"
Made in China on the box.

Last edited by Stompy; 06/29/23 10:05 PM.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: PMK] #8876573 07/01/23 09:48 PM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted by PMK
Originally Posted by Whammer7
Why would you need a varmint cage with an eliminator plate?

I run both on my feeders SW from Ozona as those coons can tear up a cannon ball. I ran cages only until they started tearing those off, went to eliminator plates only until they figured out how to get 2-3 coons hanging on those to get the plate to drop like when spinning, using both seems to have solved my problems ... for now anyway.

I put a metal plate that is even with the eliminator when it is open. This prevents the damage caused by coons hanging on it. The plate is about 13" wide, wish i had made it a bit wider.

Last edited by Wilhunt; 07/01/23 09:49 PM. Reason: add comment
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8876940 07/02/23 10:11 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Put it together today, seems fairly solid. One thing is very different, the motor is inside the hopper with the corn. The motor is completely sealed so nothing can get in the motor.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Stompy] #8876950 07/02/23 10:30 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
One thing is very different, the motor is inside the hopper with the corn. The motor is completely sealed so nothing can get in the motor.

Sweeneys were (/are?) made that way.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8877204 07/03/23 03:52 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
My review so far. I agree with what Gee said. But mine did come with all metal washers. I like the feeder, I would call it a medium duty, but plenty good for what I need. I like the design of the feeder plate, as long as it holds up. It comes with a timer but no battery. Took about 30 minutes to assemble. I did it alone, but would have been easier with 2 people, there's some weight there. Overall, seems like a decent deal for $400, as long as the motor and timer hold up. 1 year warranty.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Stompy; 07/03/23 05:44 PM.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8879242 07/07/23 09:34 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
that motor set up is how mine all are.

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8884905 07/19/23 01:21 AM
T
Tkshunting Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
I pulled the trigger on one of the 600 lbs. model today. I'll see how this one work out and will probably be getting more. I have 3 more moultrie barrel style feeders to replace.

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Stompy] #8886549 07/21/23 04:33 PM
B
Bradley Gleaton Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
My review so far. I agree with what Gee said. But mine did come with all metal washers. I like the feeder, I would call it a medium duty, but plenty good for what I need. I like the design of the feeder plate, as long as it holds up. It comes with a timer but no battery. Took about 30 minutes to assemble. I did it alone, but would have been easier with 2 people, there's some weight there. Overall, seems like a decent deal for $400, as long as the motor and timer hold up. 1 year warranty.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

One important note is to make sure the spinner plate isn't pushed all the way up to the downspout or it can cause friction between these two parts. We recommend keeping a 1/16th inch gap between the downspout and the spinner plate. Please give me a shout if you ever have any questions. Have a great day!

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8888012 07/24/23 03:23 PM
M
magspa Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
M
Feeder still doing great after being out there 4 months..battery staying charged, corn dry, and spinner functioning.
[Linked Image]

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8897527 08/08/23 02:14 PM
M
MeanGreen85 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I ordered a 350# unit from TSC and am picking it up tomorrow. These look pretty solid from what I can tell. I’ll post some pictures and follow-up thoughts once I get it up and running.

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8897598 08/08/23 04:02 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Mines been running about 3 weeks, so far so good.

Last edited by Stompy; 08/08/23 04:02 PM.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Bradley Gleaton] #8897674 08/08/23 06:05 PM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted by Bradley Gleaton
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

One important note is to make sure the spinner plate isn't pushed all the way up to the downspout or it can cause friction between these two parts. We recommend keeping a 1/16th inch gap between the downspout and the spinner plate. Please give me a shout if you ever have any questions. Have a great day!

It would seem to me the 1/16th opening would be too small.

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Wilhunt] #8897725 08/08/23 07:19 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Wilhunt
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It would seem to me the 1/16th opening would be too small.

He was right, in that pic I had it all the way up. I dropped it a little and it works much better.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8900060 08/12/23 09:58 PM
M
MeanGreen85 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
How long do y’all set the run time on yours?

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Stompy] #8900341 08/13/23 03:34 PM
H
Hogflyer Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Before you get too carried away with your installation there, i would install some sort of mesh or small cover to block
coons off the motor assy there! Seems almost too low, and coons will trash out the spinner if you give them a
chance! Migjht think about elevating it some what to keep them at bay! Once they start they will not quit, animals
are desperate and do whatever to do to survive!

Put a game cam next to feeder and see who the culprit is, go from there.....

happy feeding....

"Buy more ammo, save it for a rainy day."
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8900410 08/13/23 06:20 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Had my first issue. Check feeder and looks like it hasn't spun in several days. Tried new battery and different timer, nothing. The motor was locked up. Jacked with it and freed it up, it's spinning now but now sure how long. I didn't have any oil with me but going to oil it up in the morning and see if it does it again.

I believe the motor is working okay, but it seems to have possibly something to do with the plate. I'd dropped it down before this happened. Not sure if I have any room left to drop it down more. I'll get into it in the morning, too hot now.

Last edited by Stompy; 08/13/23 06:28 PM.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8900501 08/13/23 09:55 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Ive never liked any of those eliminator type plates. I know some like them and in theory they are great. Just lots of moving parts and I like to keep it simple when possible. Ive had coons thrash them.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Stompy] #8900592 08/14/23 12:39 AM
B
Bradley Gleaton Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Had my first issue. Check feeder and looks like it hasn't spun in several days. Tried new battery and different timer, nothing. The motor was locked up. Jacked with it and freed it up, it's spinning now but now sure how long. I didn't have any oil with me but going to oil it up in the morning and see if it does it again.

I believe the motor is working okay, but it seems to have possibly something to do with the plate. I'd dropped it down before this happened. Not sure if I have any room left to drop it down more. I'll get into it in the morning, too hot now.

Shoot me a text or give me a shout on my cell phone at 817-437-1373. If the spinner plate isn’t installed nearly flush (1/16in) with the downspout then it can cause an issue with the spinner plate getting seized. It’s important that it’s installed nearly flush with that downspout. Another important note is to make sure that the black guard around the spinner plate is installed properly and not pulled to one side because this can cause friction between the motor shaft and the plastic bushing. Give me a shout and I’ll be happy to make sure everything is working properly. Have a great day!

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: freerange] #8900595 08/14/23 12:40 AM
B
Bradley Gleaton Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Ive never liked any of those eliminator type plates. I know some like them and in theory they are great. Just lots of moving parts and I like to keep it simple when possible. Ive had coons thrash them.

Totally understand your thoughts. we’ve been running these spinner plates for over 16 months without any issues with raccoons. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by Bradley Gleaton; 08/14/23 12:58 AM.
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Bradley Gleaton] #8900800 08/14/23 01:14 PM
M
MeanGreen85 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M

Shoot me a text or give me a shout on my cell phone at 817-437-1373. If the spinner plate isn’t installed nearly flush (1/16in) with the downspout then it can cause an issue with the spinner plate getting seized. It’s important that it’s installed nearly flush with that downspout. Another important note is to make sure that the black guard around the spinner plate is installed properly and not pulled to one side because this can cause friction between the motor shaft and the plastic bushing. Give me a shout and I’ll be happy to make sure everything is working properly. Have a great day!

Thanks for standing behind your products and offering some real support - we need more of that in this era.

Quick question: I set mine up this weekend, and the instructions said to make sure there’s a 1/8” gap between the spinner plate and downspout/funnel, so I set the gap with 2x 0.062” fender washers stacked on opposing sides like the install video showed. Will that be an issue?

Also I did have to slightly pull two of the black guard legs to get the holes to align on mine. With that said it appeared to be running smoothly when I tested it with and without corn.

Last edited by MeanGreen85; 08/14/23 01:15 PM.
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: freerange] #8900849 08/14/23 02:08 PM
Sidebuster Offline
Tracker
Tracker

I have never had a problem with the eliminator plate but every time I put corn in my feeder, I spray it with dry lube.

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Bradley Gleaton] #8900968 08/14/23 05:17 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

I've lowered the spin plate as low as it will go, and I oiled it up. I'll see if that works first. Plate is flush, guard is on properly.

Last edited by Stompy; 08/14/23 05:19 PM.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Stompy] #8901355 08/15/23 11:34 AM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

I have a friend that bought one and he had trouble right off the bat, something with the electric that would not let the motor spin.
He called the contact and someone from the company called him back, diagnosed the problem over the phone.

Turns out they have a minor issues with the fuse, he had to pull it out and lightly sand the ends of the fuse to make contact and it is working fine now.
Stompy you might try that.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8907203 08/24/23 04:11 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Mine's working fine since I oiled it up, that's been over a week now. Time will tell I reckon.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Stub] #8910154 08/30/23 08:39 PM
B
Bradley Gleaton Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted by Stub

I have a friend that bought one and he had trouble right off the bat, something with the electric that would not let the motor spin.
He called the contact and someone from the company called him back, diagnosed the problem over the phone.

Turns out they have a minor issues with the fuse, he had to pull it out and lightly sand the ends of the fuse to make contact and it is working fine now.
Stompy you might try that.

Hey guys! Please always feel free to call me or text me if you need immediate assistance at 817-437-1373.

If the motor doesn't spin, then I would use the jumper cable that came with the timer and plug the motor directly into the battery. If the motor spins, then we know the motor is okay and it's a possible issue with the timer. For the timer, I would recommend that you check the fuse and make sure the 15 amp fuse is in good shape and making good contact. When you hit "TEST" it will count down from 10 seconds and once it gets to 0 then you will hear/feel a click within the timer and then see the Motor light on the timer flashing. If you don't hear/feel the click inside the timer then it's possible that there's an issue with the relay inside the timer. Another note is to make sure the timer is showing 12V and showing 3 or more bars on the screen. We have seen several issues where customers are taking older batteries and it have a bad cell, without them knowing, and it not have enough power to get the spinner plate to drop down. It's important the the 12V battery is fairly new and charged up all the way.

For the spinner plate, it's important that the plate is almost touching the downspout. We want around a 1/16th inch gap between the downspout and the spinner plate. One thing to keep in mind is that there is a 4-legged black bracket that goes around the spinner plate. If this bracket was installed and torqued to one side then it's possible that it's creating a side load on the motor shaft and not allowing the motor shaft to spin freely. We made a running change on the 4 bolt holes and to the plastic bushing to improve the tolerances. A quick modification you can make in the field is drilling the plastic bushing hole out to 9/32in and drill the 4 bolt holes to 3/8in. This will improve the overall tolerances and make sure that when you install this part that the motor shaft is centered in the bushing. If you are uncomfortable doing this then please shoot me a text and I'll send you a new black bracket but it's a quick and easy modification that can be done.

I wouldn't recommend ever adding any oil to the spinner plate. Feeders have a lot of corn dust and this dust can cling to the oil and cause issues down the road. You can compressed air to clean it once a year or try to use a dry lubricant but I wouldn't ever recommend using a wet lubricant.

Again, please feel to give me a shout anytime during the week or weekend. I'm happy to help!

Last edited by Bradley Gleaton; 08/30/23 08:41 PM. Reason: Added Note
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide