Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by presley
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Morbid Obesity (over 36% bodyfat) is not a choice as most "thin" people believe. But let's not go there please.

I wrestled with commenting on this, not wanting to come off like a jerk but at the same time, feel the need to say something if there is someone out there struggling ( or who is not struggling yet but needs to head things off at the pass so to speak). Barring legitimate medical issues (thyroid issues for instance) and medications that cause weight gain, people need to take responsibility for their habits and behaviors. No one goes to bed at a healthy weight, wakes up and is suddenly 300 lbs. It’s a gradual change. People eat too much, drink too much and exercise too little. Sure, genetics play a factor in body composition, but it’s too easy to blame obesity on “running in your family” and ignoring unhealthy and destructive habits. Lack of self control is a choice. It’s the year 2023, there is zero excuse for a person to not be educated about healthy diet choices and lifestyle. All the info you could ever want is at that touch of your finger tips.

Obesity is an epidemic plaguing this country. Practice healthy eating, exercise and lifestyle habits and teach your children and grandchildren to do the same.

Good luck to everyone struggling with their health, I pray you find an avenue that works for you.

Well said

if it were this easy. But I'm happy for the people who don't fight this and are at a healthy weight without any addictions. I would imagine this would be nice.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: jetdad] #8808932 02/27/23 12:46 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by jetdad
Buzz, what dosage are you on?

two more weeks of .25, lowest dose

Not sure I will continue because of cost. It works very well for me. I'm down 11 lbs. learning to eat "right" is very hard..

My dietitian says she has a coupon but didn't say how much I could save. My pharmacist quoted me $500 a month.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8808938 02/27/23 12:50 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by presley
Morbid Obesity (over 36% bodyfat) is not a choice as most "thin" people believe. But let's not go there please.

I wrestled with commenting on this, not wanting to come off like a jerk but at the same time, feel the need to say something if there is someone out there struggling ( or who is not struggling yet but needs to head things off at the pass so to speak). Barring legitimate medical issues (thyroid issues for instance) and medications that cause weight gain, people need to take responsibility for their habits and behaviors. No one goes to bed at a healthy weight, wakes up and is suddenly 300 lbs. It’s a gradual change. People eat too much, drink too much and exercise too little. Sure, genetics play a factor in body composition, but it’s too easy to blame obesity on “running in your family” and ignoring unhealthy and destructive habits. Lack of self control is a choice. It’s the year 2023, there is zero excuse for a person to not be educated about healthy diet choices and lifestyle. All the info you could ever want is at that touch of your finger tips.

Obesity is an epidemic plaguing this country. Practice healthy eating, exercise and lifestyle habits and teach your children and grandchildren to do the same.

Good luck to everyone struggling with their health, I pray you find an avenue that works for you.

Well said

if it were this easy. But I'm happy for the people who don't fight this and are at a healthy weight without any addictions. I would imagine this would be nice.

Buzz,

Not trying to bag on you, but you said yourself you are a binge eater. You've posted enough pics of your younger self that showed you were at one time at a healthy weight. So what changed? How much have you exercised in the last 50 years? Did you ever try changing eating habits when you were in your 40's, 50's or 60's?

The root cause of any issue, be it food, sex, drugs, alcohol, etc. is a lack of self control/self discipline. Food is just the drug of choice for many. It's not something that people are born with and powerless to stop or manage with their own devices.

Have you tried hypnosis? In all seriousness I know several people who were lifelong smokers who got hypnotized and they quit cold turkey when they walked out of the room. It may help you.

I'm for any program that will help people get and stay healthy, but the earlier you catch it the easier it is to manage. Again, I'm speaking to the folks who may be listening that know they need to make a life change before they get behind the 8 ball.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8809013 02/27/23 01:57 AM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Something a lot of people don't realize, me included, is the importance of not just counting calories, but paying attention the macro nutrients...I really didn't eat unhealthily the last 10 years, but was eating too much of the good stuff, even though my calories weren't high...My body cannot function properly on a strict protein diet. Until I started eating smaller protein portions and increased my healthy fats and fruits/vegetables, I didn't lose weight. Now, I'm down 105.6 pounds and counting since 9/1/2021; 82 of those coming off since April 2022, when I started paying attention to macros.

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: LoneStarSon] #8809049 02/27/23 02:27 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Something a lot of people don't realize, me included, is the importance of not just counting calories, but paying attention the macro nutrients...I really didn't eat unhealthily the last 10 years, but was eating too much of the good stuff, even though my calories weren't high...My body cannot function properly on a strict protein diet. Until I started eating smaller protein portions and increased my healthy fats and fruits/vegetables, I didn't lose weight. Now, I'm down 105.6 pounds and counting since 9/1/2021; 82 of those coming off since April 2022, when I started paying attention to macros.

Man that’s amazing !

Did you do any TRT or was it all diet based?

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: txtrophy85] #8809054 02/27/23 02:38 AM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L

Man that’s amazing !

Did you do any TRT or was it all diet based?

No. It's all diet and exercise. I spent 2.5 to 3 hours a day in the pool from June through October 15...but other than that, it's been diet. I used to walk at the university a lot, but the arthritis in my hips had gotten worse, so I bought an above ground pool and walked/swam in it instead...

I am anemic, but I use iron supplements, Vitamin b12 and vitamin C to help with that (they are supposed to help with the iron supplement absorption)...other than that, I don't need any medications. My numbers are great in all aspects.

Last edited by LoneStarSon; 02/27/23 02:39 AM.
Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: LoneStarSon] #8809180 02/27/23 01:47 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

congrats thats getting it.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: LoneStarSon] #8809271 02/27/23 03:44 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M

Good job! I watched a friend of mine go from 410 to 235 (he is 6'-5") over a 30 month period using basic portion control with a careful eye on macro nutrient balance.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8809560 02/27/23 11:36 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
what are your percentages of macros LoneStarSon?

I'm using My Fitness Pal APP on my phone. I log in everything I eat. the APP breaks it down by calories, fats, protein and carbs.

my dietician is trying to teach me portion control, basically 1/3 protein, 1/3 complex carbs and really all the vegetables I can eat. Lots of Salmon, Tuna, ground turkey, sardines, chicken breast.

As anyone can see, there are NO cheeseburgers, No Fries, no Mexican food, no 407BBQ, NO cakes, cookies, pies, NO Alcohol, etc.

I do allow myself a "off" day. I will have a few beers, a few Vodka sodas, boiled shrimp, go to a restaurant and have salmon with grilled vegetables, salad dressing on the side. a smallish tenderloin, veggie fajitas, NO chips or tortillas.

So, as you can see people with no metabolism bodies don't process food like others.

I've been fat since I can remember. looking at chubby buzz when I was 10. When I got in Highschool, I found out the best-looking hotties didn't want to roll around with the fat guys. So, then it was all about vanity. I started with plain starvation diets, then dexaitrim, cabbage diets, eating three time a week. This is mental borderline eating disorders through college when I did work out a lot with my intermural and frat brothers. This carried over after college cuz, I needed to get the girls. Then I tried gastric sleeve surgery, lost 120lbs. No one told me, oh, by the way, you need to go to monthly support group meetings. This pretty much wraps my whole lifestyle. ALL or NOTHING.

now, I still want to look good but it's more about giving myself a few more years to drive yall nuts.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8809578 02/28/23 12:01 AM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L

I'm using My Fitness Pal APP on my phone. I log in everything I eat. the APP breaks it down by calories, fats, protein and carbs.

my dietician is trying to teach me portion control, basically 1/3 protein, 1/3 complex carbs and really all the vegetables I can eat. Lots of Salmon, Tuna, ground turkey, sardines, chicken breast.

As anyone can see, there are NO cheeseburgers, No Fries, no Mexican food, no 407BBQ, NO cakes, cookies, pies, NO Alcohol, etc.

I do allow myself a "off" day. I will have a few beers, a few Vodka sodas, boiled shrimp, go to a restaurant and have salmon with grilled vegetables, salad dressing on the side. a smallish tenderloin, veggie fajitas, NO chips or tortillas.

So, as you can see people with no metabolism bodies don't process food like others.

I've been fat since I can remember. looking at chubby buzz when I was 10. When I got in Highschool, I found out the best-looking hotties didn't want to roll around with the fat guys. So, then it was all about vanity. I started with plain starvation diets, then dexaitrim, cabbage diets, eating three time a week. This is mental borderline eating disorders through college when I did work out a lot with my intermural and frat brothers. This carried over after college cuz, I needed to get the girls. Then I tried gastric sleeve surgery, lost 120lbs. No one told me, oh, by the way, you need to go to monthly support group meetings. This pretty much wraps my whole lifestyle. ALL or NOTHING.

now, I still want to look good but it's more about giving myself a few more years to drive yall nuts.

Generally it's 1/3 protein, 1/3 fats (nuts and avocado primarily), 1/3 carbs from veggies (I don't eat breads or pastas)...but sometimes I will eat 1/3 protein and a bit more fats and less carbs. Depends on my mood. Fats are really important for brain health and our overall health. Or, I might eat a few more fats and a bit less protein, but that's rare.

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8809579 02/28/23 12:02 AM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Oh and while I love ground turkey, I really like ground chicken...less fats and just a really good flavor.

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8809622 02/28/23 12:54 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
ABC just released an expose’ on Ozempic.

Really worth a watch, it’s helped a lot of people lose weight.

Fingers crossed and a prayer up for you Buzz that this plan works for you

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8809859 02/28/23 03:08 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Buzz biggest thing you have to be careful with Semiglutide is Muscle loss. Supplement Protein as much as you can.

when you cut calories, macros become even more important.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8810122 02/28/23 11:05 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Thanks all for the support, met with dietitian today, she said up my protein a bit. She is happy with my weight loss ,

Ozempic, until Medicare will pay for it is out of my price range. The Doctor over my group, Vitality Weight loss and Wellness, is having me try Metformin. She says it has good weight loss features too.

I've heard Metformin has some goofy after affects?

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8811068 03/02/23 06:25 AM
H
hybridhunter219 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Can someone post about the muscle loss side effect from Ozempic?

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8811262 03/02/23 03:16 PM
J
J.R. Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
J
Thanks all for the support, met with dietitian today, she said up my protein a bit. She is happy with my weight loss ,

Ozempic, until Medicare will pay for it is out of my price range. The Doctor over my group, Vitality Weight loss and Wellness, is having me try Metformin. She says it has good weight loss features too.

Buzz, congrats on the weight loss & progress. Keep it up, Man...you can do it.

As for the Metformin - Yes, it led to weight loss for me, but I also made some wholesale changes in my diet, as I had gotten pretty lax.

One thing to keep an eye on (I'll try to keep it PG rated): I know at least six people on it (mostly for Type II), and every one of them has at least one funny/embarrassing story about not making it to the restroom in time. That first 2 years on Metformin, when my body said, "Hey, Bud...you may need to go #2", it meant I had about 90 seconds to find a men's room before I went (whether I wanted to or not). My advice if you get on it: Go before you leave anywhere and carry an extra outfit in your vehicle. You may never need it, but you'll sure be glad you have it if you do.

"First come smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."
Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: hybridhunter219] #8811317 03/02/23 04:17 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by hybridhunter219
Can someone post about the muscle loss side effect from Ozempic?

https://amp.smh.com.au/lifestyle/he...se-your-muscles-too-20230130-p5cgio.html

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8811320 03/02/23 04:19 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Buzz, non branded semaglutide is 150-180 a month depending on the dosage. Your doctor needs to use a compounding pharmacy

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8811407 03/02/23 06:49 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
One thing to keep an eye on (I'll try to keep it PG rated): I know at least six people on it (mostly for Type II), and every one of them has at least one funny/embarrassing story about not making it to the restroom in time. That first 2 years on Metformin, when my body said, "Hey, Bud...you may need to go #2", it meant I had about 90 seconds to find a men's room before I went (whether I wanted to or not). My advice if you get on it: Go before you leave anywhere and carry an extra outfit in your vehicle. You may never need it, but you'll sure be glad you have it if you do.

I'm already pretty much there already. Thanks !!

BOBO, what's a compounding pharmacy? I'm interested.

Ya, know, it's always a lifestyle change. It's hard, for example. I love the overnight oats; I will eat them every day. But Dinner tonight is three, 5", Low Carb, Whole Grain tortillas with scrambled egg WHITES with picante sauce. Just not exciting as Migas with rice and refrieds

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8811502 03/02/23 10:20 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
compounding pharmacy is a pharmacy that has the ability to mix/make special dosages of generic medicines.

Examples
semaglutide
testosterone
ivermectin

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8811641 03/03/23 01:29 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
compounding pharmacy is a pharmacy that has the ability to mix/make special dosages of generic medicines.

Examples
semaglutide
testosterone
ivermectin

interesting, I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up. Lots of knowledge on here.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8811761 03/03/23 09:53 AM
HuntFish512 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Im glad its working for you with weight loss, IM struggling to keep it for my type 2. Insurance is fighting me tooth and nail. NGL I have found it from people pushing it under the table for weight loss too keep on it as it is helping my sugars a lot, and has helped to curb my appetite as well.

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8812505 03/04/23 10:56 PM
D
der Teufel Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Buzz, good luck with your efforts. I know some folks feel that it's really all down to personal habits, willpower, and character but I'm not in that school of thought. I have some friends whose grandfather married and had two children. Then the wife died and the grandfather remarried. They had two more children. The first two kids were thin as a rail all their lives. The last two struggled with weight all their lives and suffered with diabetes. The kids of the first two are also thin despite eating whatever they want. It seems that genetics plays a large role in a person's weight.

You're trying to do something about it and I encourage you to continue. If it takes something like Ozempic or whatever, go for it.

Good Luck!

I have two unwritten rules:
Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8815329 03/09/23 07:32 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
She switched me to Metformin, cheaper than Ozempic, supposed to work as good.

I haven't heard very good things about it though..

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: starting again with Ozempic [Re: Buzzsaw] #8815456 03/09/23 11:09 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
She switched me to Metformin, cheaper than Ozempic, supposed to work as good.

I haven't heard very good things about it though..

From what I've read/heard it can have some...explosive issues. So, be prepared for the bathroom in a hurry and keep clean drawers close by. Good luck.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide