Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: 603Country] #8807726 02/24/23 10:27 PM
O
OneK Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
O
I've got a neighbor that has a daughter that has rheumatoid arthritis really bad. She has taken everything and the best thing so far is ivermectin. I take it for trigger finger and it works awesome. It also works great for gout.

Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: 603Country] #8807803 02/25/23 12:05 AM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
In what form and dosage do you take it?

Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: Dave Davidson] #8807829 02/25/23 01:01 AM
603Country Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Dave, I never got the text. I’ll pm you the wife’s phone number.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: OneK] #8807841 02/25/23 01:24 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by OneK
I've got a neighbor that has a daughter that has rheumatoid arthritis really bad. She has taken everything and the best thing so far is ivermectin. I take it for trigger finger and it works awesome. It also works great for gout.

Curious...is this a prescription from your Dr? I got an injection a year ago for my trigger finger and it worked for about 6mo. I've been putting off going back for a while now.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: 603Country] #8820260 03/19/23 01:07 AM
603Country Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
All that fence fixing and associated wire bending has really aggravated the arthritis in my left hand. Was hurting pretty bad about an hour ago. I remembered that Voltaren and put some on the offending knuckle and the pain has ebbed away. It must work. Can’t be a coinkydink.

Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: 603Country] #8820351 03/19/23 11:27 AM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by 603Country
All that fence fixing and associated wire bending has really aggravated the arthritis in my left hand. Was hurting pretty bad about an hour ago. I remembered that Voltaren and put some on the offending knuckle and the pain has ebbed away. It must work. Can’t be a coinkydink.

Voltaren works well for me, I have arthritis very bad in right knee and knuckle.

Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: OneK] #8820442 03/19/23 02:41 PM
T
TPACK Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T

My wife has arthritis in her hand and when we were taking Ivermectin (the kind from the feed store) for Covid, the pain went away. We took it once a week for about 12 months and the pain came back when we quit.

Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: TPACK] #8820606 03/19/23 09:29 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by TPACK

My wife has arthritis in her hand and when we were taking Ivermectin (the kind from the feed store) for Covid, the pain went away. We took it once a week for about 12 months and the pain came back when we quit.

popcorn interesting

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: 603Country] #8820669 03/19/23 11:55 PM
603Country Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
My wife went and took some ivermectin immediately after I read this to her. As for the Voltaren, the neighbor with the really bad knee, which he said hurts badly 24/7, rubbed some on his knee and shortly after that said his knee didn’t hurt. Could have been the whisky though, since by then I wasn’t feeling any pain either.

Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: 603Country] #8820720 03/20/23 01:20 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
My wife went and took some ivermectin immediately after I read this to her. As for the Voltaren, the neighbor with the really bad knee, which he said hurts badly 24/7, rubbed some on his knee and shortly after that said his knee didn’t hurt. Could have been the whisky though, since by then I wasn’t feeling any pain either.

up cheers roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8820758 03/20/23 02:26 AM
68rustbucket Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

up cheers roflmao

Whiskey is good medicine.

Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: 603Country] #8821187 03/20/23 10:57 PM
D
DLALLDER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
After being diagnosed with heart problems , my Dr. put me on FISH OIL tablets in order to maybe get my HDL up. I started taking them and after about 6 months Dr. checked HDL again with the same results as before. He suggested that I continue to take them and would test me again. 6 months later , I was tested again with the same results but this time I asked the Dr. why my hands had ceased to be stiff with mild pain in the mornings when I first woke up. He grinned and said some tests had proven that fish oil tablets helped with Arthritis. That was about 10 years ago and I am still taking 2-1000 milligram fish oil
tablets every day, never has helped with the heart. Daniel

Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: 603Country] #8824411 03/27/23 05:56 PM
G
gtrich94 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
This is going to sound crazy, but my ex-Father-in-law used to get arthritis pretty bad in his hand and when it flared up, he said he would stick his hand up nears a wasp net and get stung a couple of times. I looked at him and said no thanks, I'll just take Tylenol. Granted, he also used to drink a couple of glasses of Aloe Vera juice every day and swore it would cure anything.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: Jimbo1] #8827851 04/03/23 03:18 PM
glens Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
tried Voltren, no help. I'm past the point of OTC remedies.

Have you tried DMSO?

Old Roper friend of mine used it on his Old Roping Horse. It works. If you use this stuff, get ready for the Garlic Taste in your mouth.

Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: 603Country] #8828209 04/04/23 01:42 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I’m still on 3 of the Walmart Lidocane patches per day.They last about 8 hours. Wife has to put them on
me. No way I can put a limp patch on my lower back. At night she puts a piece of tape on each end of the patch so my rolling around doesn’t rub them off. Have to wear a TShirt. Then, in the morning, I hit the taped place with alcohol to remove the tape residue. If not, the tape crap makes my back break out.

It’s a PITA but it keeps me going without living with pain.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: 603Country] #8881675 07/13/23 11:10 AM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
I had never had any problems with arthritis until I took hydrocodone for several months after breaking my calcaneous. It got to the point where I was not sure I could hold a fishing rod if I got a large fish. No problems after getting off the pain meds.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: 603Country] #8883351 07/16/23 03:51 PM
G
Grit Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
I've had it for a few years now. Started in my left hand and has now moved to my right hand. Mainly effects my thumb joints and my wrist. My wrist like to swell. Seems worse in hot weather. Cold or cool water feels good on them. Too much work with my hands out here. No way around it, though. I don't take pain meds. Just put up with it.

Garrett
Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: Grit] #8901656 08/15/23 08:40 PM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Grit, I understand about not taking pain meds. I put up with this crap for a long time due to the fact that I don’t do dope of any mind. As a child of the 60’s, I watched everyone else smoke weed, take pills etc to get high. My brother and sister smoked that stuff until their deaths from cancer. I don’t think there was any correlation from the MJ to the cancer. Gotta admit, I kept the breweries working overtime. But, I saw a lot of friends gravitate from drugs of one kind to something stronger while searching for a high. That wasn’t for me. I just kept saying give me another beer.

Another Doc has said that it could be post polio syndrome. I had a fairly mild case of that when I was about 9 years old. It left me with a weak back and drew up my hamstrings so that I had to stretch them out so I could re learn to walk. I still walk up to a wall every morning to stretch my hamstrings. PITA but I’m one of the lucky and few survivors. I’m now 80 and have to walk at least a mile per day. (Most days).

My Doc has said 2 extra strength Tylenols 3 times per day. That sounds like a lot to me of anything but I’m not a doctor. I’m alternating between Tylenol and aspirin. But, on days that I have nothing to do, I just sit in the recliner with a book or TV. No pain while sitting on my dead [censored].

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: Grit] #8901669 08/15/23 09:00 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Grit
I've had it for a few years now. Started in my left hand and has now moved to my right hand. Mainly effects my thumb joints and my wrist. My wrist like to swell. Seems worse in hot weather. Cold or cool water feels good on them. Too much work with my hands out here. No way around it, though. I don't take pain meds. Just put up with it.

Have you been tested for Carpal Tunnel? I had trigger finger in my middle finger of my left hand. Got a steroid shot and was good for about 6mo until it came back, also started getting numbness in that hand. Got the nerve test and was diagnosed with CT. Had surgery last month and all is well now.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: Dave Davidson] #8901822 08/16/23 02:42 AM
G
Grit Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
Grit, I understand about not taking pain meds. I put up with this crap for a long time due to the fact that I don’t do dope of any mind. As a child of the 60’s, I watched everyone else smoke weed, take pills etc to get high. My brother and sister smoked that stuff until their deaths from cancer. I don’t think there was any correlation from the MJ to the cancer. Gotta admit, I kept the breweries working overtime. But, I saw a lot of friends gravitate from drugs of one kind to something stronger while searching for a high. That wasn’t for me. I just kept saying give me another beer.

Another Doc has said that it could be post polio syndrome. I had a fairly mild case of that when I was about 9 years old. It left me with a weak back and drew up my hamstrings so that I had to stretch them out so I could re learn to walk. I still walk up to a wall every morning to stretch my hamstrings. PITA but I’m one of the lucky and few survivors. I’m now 80 and have to walk at least a mile per day. (Most days).

My Doc has said 2 extra strength Tylenols 3 times per day. That sounds like a lot to me of anything but I’m not a doctor. I’m alternating between Tylenol and aspirin. But, on days that I have nothing to do, I just sit in the recliner with a book or TV. No pain while sitting on my dead [censored].

I'll try to post some tomorrow. Losing post here lately. Timing out.

Garrett
Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: Grit] #8901901 08/16/23 12:25 PM
G
Grit Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson

I'll try to post some tomorrow. Losing post here lately. Timing out.

Dave, it's good you never got into the drug scene. Nothing good ever comes out of that. Yeah I put up with the pain, because like yourself, I'm not into taking meds if I don't have to. Sorry about your past health issues, but sounds like you're quite the fighter and will get by no matter what. Best to you and stay strong.

Garrett
Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: Jimbo1] #8901904 08/16/23 12:31 PM
G
Grit Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G

Have you been tested for Carpal Tunnel? I had trigger finger in my middle finger of my left hand. Got a steroid shot and was good for about 6mo until it came back, also started getting numbness in that hand. Got the nerve test and was diagnosed with CT. Had surgery last month and all is well now.

Hey, Jimbo. Yes, I've had carpal tunnel for years. I got surgery on my left hand, but never had it done on my right. The arthritis is worse in my left hand though so go figure. I used to have the numbness, but no more. Happy to hear your surgery went well. Best.

Garrett
Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: Grit] #8902164 08/16/23 07:43 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Hey, Jimbo. Yes, I've had carpal tunnel for years. I got surgery on my left hand, but never had it done on my right. The arthritis is worse in my left hand though so go figure. I used to have the numbness, but no more. Happy to hear your surgery went well. Best.

Arthritis makes carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome worse. Dont know how long its been since you had the one hand fixed, but surgey now rakes more time to stick you back up then fix. I have had both hand/elbow fixed for carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome fixed. Each time it was less then 10 days before I was back up and running

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: 603Country] #8902167 08/16/23 07:50 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
getting tested tomorrow for CT in my left hand

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Arthritis pain in left hand [Re: Buzzsaw] #8902178 08/16/23 08:14 PM
G
Grit Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
getting tested tomorrow for CT in my left hand

Get ready for an electrifying experience.

Garrett
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide