Page 1 of 2 1 2
Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it #8363198 08/25/21 06:01 PM
D
decook Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
I thought about Stompy's thread on covid after jabbing.

How many of you have had a re-occurrence of covid (delta) after you already had the original?
Did you get vaxxed afterward?
Did you get it after you had it and also got vaxxed?

I got the sickness in late December but haven't got it again (delta). Not vaxxed.

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: decook] #8363225 08/25/21 06:13 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
My wife and I both had it.....we have not been vaxed.......it was over a year ago now......we both felt like the Delta was trying to get us for about a day......I woke up with a headache and almost through up my breakfast shake with a cold sweat......got better as the day progressed and felt fine since.......my wife had the headache and some congestion that went away after about a day and half.......so don't know for sure but we don't hide indoors or mask up.....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #8363228 08/25/21 06:14 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
My wife and I both had it.....we have not been vaxed.......it was over a year ago now......we both felt like the Delta was trying to get us for about a day......I woke up with a headache and almost through up my breakfast shake with a cold sweat......got better as the day progressed and felt fine since.......my wife had the headache and some congestion that went away after about a day and half.......so don't know for sure but we don't hide indoors or mask up.....

Pretty much our symptoms a few weeks ago.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: decook] #8363231 08/25/21 06:16 PM
S
Stompy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I know one guy that had it early on. He never got the vax and now has it again. Probably has the delta now.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: decook] #8363232 08/25/21 06:17 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I found it on YouTube! Good chet its a must watch. She has the first 9 minutes

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 08/25/21 06:28 PM.
Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: decook] #8363241 08/25/21 06:23 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Just passed this thing and I will NOT be getting the jab.

The Lord has provided me with all I need.
Wasn’t scared the first time and won’t be scared the next time.

My daughter got it last year in June. After finishing up in college and starting her second year of teaching in an elementary school, I believe her natural antibodies are what has prevented any reinfection for her also.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: decook] #8363248 08/25/21 06:27 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
This is data I want to see, but you cannot seem to find anywhere. My wife and I had it last year and so far we haven’t been reinfected. My youngest daughter had it when my wife and I did last July. She’s recently had direct contact with 2 people who had Covid and she didn’t catch it again. Who knows, but I’d like to think those who have had it and not vaccinated have the same or more protection than those who have been vaccinated.

Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: decook] #8363266 08/25/21 06:39 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
There are several issues with this question, and it is a valid question that I would like to see answered by studies, but none have been done that I know of.

First issue: natural immunity/protection from prior covid infection is real but being completely overlooked in lieu of pushing vaccination.

Second issue: not everyone creates long lasting antibodies. We all know people who are prone to get sick and those who aren't. Not everyones immune system is the same. We are not automobile engines. So much variablity among the human population that any kind of generalized mandates are sort of pointless

Third issue: asymptomatic disease

Fourth issue: asymptomatic carrier (your body may fight off the virus but you may still transmit the disease during the fight off process)

Fifth disease: very mild cases that people don't get tested for. Eventually, we should get to a situation where the covid variants act as nothing more than a common cold or a bad cold for most, for some it will still be deadly.

Sixth issue: politics is so far entrenched in the discussion it is impossible to have a reasonable or sane discussion.

Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: Texas buckeye] #8363270 08/25/21 06:41 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
There are several issues with this question, and it is a valid question that I would like to see answered by studies, but none have been done that I know of.

Cleveland Clinic has a very good study on this exact thing. Also, Israel has published some stuff as well.

Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: decook] #8363279 08/25/21 06:46 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
To answer OP question....family of 6 had COVID in January. No reinfections and no vaxx.

Personally I know more people getting infected after vax than reinfection. Studies are showing the vax is only good for about 6 months and then efficacy drops off dramatically.

Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: DocHorton] #8363281 08/25/21 06:46 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by DocHorton

Cleveland Clinic has a very good study on this exact thing. Also, Israel has published some stuff as well.

Yes, I brought that study up here when it was released. That is something, but prior to delta variant being around. and the numbers of previously infected but not immunized was around 12-1300 out of the population of 52K that were watched. Small study, but important nonetheless.

Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: Texas buckeye] #8363325 08/25/21 07:00 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

Yes, I brought that study up here when it was released. That is something, but prior to delta variant being around. and the numbers of previously infected but not immunized was around 12-1300 out of the population of 52K that were watched. Small study, but important nonetheless.

Here's another one...more recent:

https://medicine.missouri.edu/news/study-finds-covid-19-reinfection-rate-less-1-those-severe-illness

Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: decook] #8363333 08/25/21 07:04 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
nope. My neighbors niece got it twice. 2nd time round she lost.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: hook_n_line] #8363337 08/25/21 07:07 PM
D
decook Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
nope. My neighbors niece got it twice. 2nd time round she lost.

angel

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: DocHorton] #8363339 08/25/21 07:09 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Here's another one...more recent:

https://medicine.missouri.edu/news/study-finds-covid-19-reinfection-rate-less-1-those-severe-illness

Thanks
need to look at that. Severe case may be a deal breaker as most people don't have severe cases.

Edit: looked at the study, and while it is important information it does leave a lot lacking (not by their own fault, just the study design). Mainly the inclusion criteria left off all but the sicker patients, so we are dealing with a small subset of covid positive patients in this study. Nor does it deal with asymptomatic positives of which we know from prior studies is about 4-10 times the actual number of tested positives. So this subset of patients studied is really about 2.5-1% of total covid survivors (their selection states they got 9100 patients out of 110K possible due to the need for serial serological testing, and then extrapolate that down another 4-10X for prior randomized antibody sampling studies to get there).

Despite the rate of reinfection being 63 out of 9000, and only 2 of the 63 going on to die, they still strongly suggested that covid positive patients follow all the strict european and american cdc guidelines to prevent spread. That statement makes me think the authors have some bias. I might be reading into that, but it seems odd to suggest strict guidelines for what amounts to 2 out of 9000 dying (0.0002%), and that is from the sick group of positives.

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 08/25/21 07:53 PM.
Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: Texas buckeye] #8363365 08/25/21 07:43 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

First issue: natural immunity/protection from prior covid infection is real but being completely overlooked in lieu of pushing vaccination.

Second issue: not everyone creates long lasting antibodies. We all know people who are prone to get sick and those who aren't. Not everyones immune system is the same. We are not automobile engines. So much variablity among the human population that any kind of generalized mandates are sort of pointless

Third issue: asymptomatic disease

Fourth issue: asymptomatic carrier (your body may fight off the virus but you may still transmit the disease during the fight off process)

Fifth disease: very mild cases that people don't get tested for. Eventually, we should get to a situation where the covid variants act as nothing more than a common cold or a bad cold for most, for some it will still be deadly.

Sixth issue: politics is so far entrenched in the discussion it is impossible to have a reasonable or sane discussion.

Can’t disagree with much here.

One exception is Asymptomatic spread. Having gone though this, I am not convinced on that theory. While it is possible…. I believe there is much, much, more spread due to people not recognizing they are exhibiting covid symptoms. I believe most of the active spreading is explained away as “some allergen” is making my nose run. Or I just need to run to the store before I get sick. Or I’m not going to pass on this gathering for just a headache.

This spread is being labeled asymptomatic only because people don’t think they are actually sick until they start fever or coughing…. But they are indeed symptomatic and either don’t want to admit it or not paying attention to their body.

Just my 2cents

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: Texas buckeye] #8363373 08/25/21 07:51 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Blood donations and antibodies ought to be an easy one to track but guess calling those people and asking is infringement

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: decook] #8363374 08/25/21 07:53 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Wife and I have had it. ...only once....no jab! EVER!

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: decook] #8363401 08/25/21 08:24 PM
E
ep2621 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
Had covid July 2020. Symptoms: tired, headache, mild fever on and off, all of my symptoms lasted about 36-48 hours except for losing taste and smell for about a month it seemed. I wouldn’t have even gotten tested if not for my employer.

Wife and I still shared same bed etc while I had it and she never caught it. Fast forward to November of 2020 my daughter gets it and is a symptomatic but my wife manages to catch it from her. Her symptoms mired mine exactly.

Had my antibodies tested at end of April / first May of this year and still had them.

Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: decook] #8363411 08/25/21 08:30 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
My Chief has it now and he had it around this time last year. He's not hospitalized, but he's pretty sick.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: decook] #8363420 08/25/21 08:37 PM
E
ep2621 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
Hope he gets better soon, Grizz

Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: decook] #8363460 08/25/21 09:12 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

Thanks
need to look at that. Severe case may be a deal breaker as most people don't have severe cases.

Edit: looked at the study, and while it is important information it does leave a lot lacking (not by their own fault, just the study design). Mainly the inclusion criteria left off all but the sicker patients, so we are dealing with a small subset of covid positive patients in this study. Nor does it deal with asymptomatic positives of which we know from prior studies is about 4-10 times the actual number of tested positives. So this subset of patients studied is really about 2.5-1% of total covid survivors (their selection states they got 9100 patients out of 110K possible due to the need for serial serological testing, and then extrapolate that down another 4-10X for prior randomized antibody sampling studies to get there).

Despite the rate of reinfection being 63 out of 9000, and only 2 of the 63 going on to die, they still strongly suggested that covid positive patients follow all the strict european and american cdc guidelines to prevent spread. That statement makes me think the authors have some bias. I might be reading into that, but it seems odd to suggest strict guidelines for what amounts to 2 out of 9000 dying (0.0002%), and that is from the sick group of positives.

All good points, but it's impossible to quantify asymptomatic positives since most don't get tested.

Bottom line.....reinfection is rare, even more rare than vaxed infections, and odds of dying are basically zero.

Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: DocHorton] #8363469 08/25/21 09:18 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Thanks

All good points, but it's impossible to quantify asymptomatic positives since most don't get tested.

Bottom line.....reinfection is rare, even more rare than vaxed infections, and odds of dying are basically zero.

Totally agree. Thats what took me back a little reading their conclusion...2/9000 died from reinfection. And this was the sicker people not the mild cases. So we know the risk of dying from reinfection are really low. Really low. Why isn't this being broadcast aloud for everyone to hear?

Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: decook] #8363470 08/25/21 09:20 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

I know several, wife and myself included, that had it. I don't know any that have had it twice.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Covid reinfection AFTER you have had it [Re: decook] #8363521 08/25/21 09:56 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
My peer at work. She had a mild case of Covid last year and got over it very easily. Last month she panics because our employer is going to send us home if not vaccinated. Keep in mind we were not losing our jobs, but had to start working from home for a period of time. In her panic, she rushes down on a Friday and took the J&J vaccine. The following Monday she wakes up sick and tests positive for Covid. Did she get sick from the vaccine? Who knows but you can’t overlook the possibility.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide