Re: Low "T"? [Re: Texican] #8968075 12/05/23 05:28 PM
C
coachwhite34 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Texican
Originally Posted by coachwhite34
This is something I have researched a lot. There is lots of evidence that most men don't have "low T". It is now being shown your T doesn't get lower as we age like they think. Low T is mostly due to poor diets. Most men don't eat enough good fats. T is dispersed throughout your system through good fat cells (Olive oil, coconut oil, avocados, fish oil, etc.). I had my T levels checked two years ago and they were low. I now eat one meal a day, the meal is very large but all good, healthy food. I eat a protein, vegetable, spinach salad with avocado, 3 eggs, peppers, carrots with hummus, cup of nuts and then a bowl of cottage cheese with various berries and some honey and scoop of all natural peanut butter. I started lifting weights again and drink a all natrual bone broth protein powder after working out but otherwise fast between my one meal. At my last doctors visit my T levels were through the roof and she told me I had higher T than most 10 years younger than me.

Point is, taking artificial T boosters etc isn' the answer, fuel yourself properly. Im 42 years old and the transformation my body has gone through the last 5 months is astounding. Im planning my first 3 day fast pretty soon and lots of research that shows that will increase T levels as well drop you bad cholestoral, etc, thought mine is very low now.

I assume food intake is the primary driver in your success. But what about the fasting piece? Did you change diets first, and then fast? Or was it all at once.

Trying to quantify the benefits of each. I truly do not think I could make it on one meal a day (for various reasons) .

I was a fairly healthy eater for the most part before I went this route but it was basically all at once, the first two or three days were somewhat tough but your body will adjust pretty quick to the point where I just don't get hungry until about the time I eat everyday. Im just way more strict on what I eat then I was. The thing that is great about eating once a day is if you do have a cheat meal you fast for 24 hours and it easier to get over it. You fast and get it out of your system without it affecting you all that much.

Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #9037461 04/22/24 11:17 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Interesting thread. Until recently I had no idea average testosterone levels have recently dropped by 40% in young American men. Changes in diet and culture are reprogramming their genes was the explanation given to me by a doctor I was turkey hunting with a couple weeks ago in South Georgia. Those talking like prostate cancer is no big deal don’t know what the hell they are talking about. Prostate cancer feeds on testosterone. As a man prostate cancer is not something you want any part of. At age 63, I’ve been told my natural testosterone level puts me at a higher risk for prostate cancer by a doctor. It is kind of a damned if you do and damned if you don’t conundrum.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Low "T"? [Re: Smokey Bear] #9037474 04/22/24 11:45 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
Interesting thread. Until recently I had no idea average testosterone levels have recently dropped by 40% in young American men. Changes in diet and culture are reprogramming their genes was the explanation given to me by a doctor I was turkey hunting with a couple weeks ago in South Georgia. Those talking like prostate cancer is no big deal don’t know what the hell they are talking about. Prostate cancer feeds on testosterone. As a man prostate cancer is not something you want any part of. At age 63, I’ve been told my natural testosterone level puts me at a higher risk for prostate cancer by a doctor. It is kind of a damned if you do and damned if you don’t conundrum.

been one big study(oxford) that showed a collation that higher genetically predicted levels of free testosterone were associated with a greater risk of overall, aggressive and early-onset prostate cancer. .” With that said so did IGF-1.

As with any thing, early detection is the key. Im fan of TRT .

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #9037533 04/23/24 02:02 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Coach,

What is your end game goal? Was it weight loss, overall health, etc?

I know a few guys who just eat 1 meal per day along with some light grazing here and there. I don’t know if I could go on one meal a day either. Mentally i get fatigued.

Drop in this generations test levels from my research were mainly due to environmental factors though diet does play a part.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Low "T"? [Re: txtrophy85] #9037985 04/24/24 02:42 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Coach,

I know a few guys who just eat 1 meal per day along with some light grazing here and there. I don’t know if I could go on one meal a day either. Mentally i get fatigued.

Drop in this generations test levels from my research were mainly due to environmental factors though diet does play a part.

I am sure environmental factors play a role, but so does the modern lifestyle and probably the modern school curriculum and rules about fighting. Way too “civilized”.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Low "T"? [Re: 10 Gauge] #9037996 04/24/24 03:52 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
Coach,

I am sure environmental factors play a role, but so does the modern lifestyle and probably the modern school curriculum and rules about fighting. Way too “civilized”.

So your saying modern school curriculum and lack of fighting is the cause of record low Testosterone levels in 20 and 30 something men?

I think it’s more from poor diet, seed oils, soy, lack of exercise, antidepressants and too much alcohol/cannabis consumption.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Low "T"? [Re: txtrophy85] #9038054 04/24/24 01:00 PM
T
TexFlip Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Coach,

I started intermittent fasting about 15 months ago. I don't eat "one meal" a day but only eat between 1700 and 2000 unless I'm working nights then it's 2200-0100. I went from 216 to 172 in the first 5 months and have maintained my weight. I did it for overall health and I feel a lot better. It was hard for about a week now it's second nature. I eat high protien and stay away from sugar most days. Still eat rice, grain, fruit etc bit not much refined sugar. I've never had my testosterone checked.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Low "T"? [Re: TexFlip] #9040761 04/30/24 06:14 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by TexFlip
Coach,

I started intermittent fasting about 15 months ago. I don't eat "one meal" a day but only eat between 1700 and 2000 unless I'm working nights then it's 2200-0100. I went from 216 to 172 in the first 5 months and have maintained my weight. I did it for overall health and I feel a lot better. It was hard for about a week now it's second nature. I eat high protien and stay away from sugar most days. Still eat rice, grain, fruit etc bit not much refined sugar. I've never had my testosterone checked.

Yep, I do one big meal a day and then a snack if necessary. Lost 40 pounds in 4 months, from roughly 195 to just under 155. I didn't like how I looked there so went back up to 160-165 and have maintained for the last 6 months. Never want to go back. I eat 98% protein with some vegetables thrown in sometimes. I occasionally have cheat days but still have no desire to have potato chips or things like that. Every once in a while I will have some rice or a handful of gummy bears.

LETS GO BRANDON
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide