Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: txshntr] #5277511 08/29/14 12:50 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: txshntr
I have to say, it must have been the wrong day or I am here on the right day. This is my first trip to CCR and it has been a great visit so far. Very polite and knowledgeable workers, techs have been thorough so far and ask questions as they are working on my bow and every time I am idol, someone stops to see if I have been helped.

Maybe your reputation as the UIBA preceded you boxing

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: stxranchman] #5277595 08/29/14 01:32 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I have to say, it must have been the wrong day or I am here on the right day. This is my first trip to CCR and it has been a great visit so far. Very polite and knowledgeable workers, techs have been thorough so far and ask questions as they are working on my bow and every time I am idol, someone stops to see if I have been helped.

Probably so...they seemed pretty intimidated

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: txshntr] #5277956 08/29/14 04:27 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Probably so...they seemed pretty intimidated

Haha. Did they flinch when you lifted your pimp hand at em?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5283402 09/02/14 02:12 AM
S
spro Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
My two boys and I have been there many times over the years and have had nothing but good experiences. They are always asking me to go shooting there. About a month ago I had a tech spend a lot of time watching my son shoot and adjusting his bow at no cost. We love the indoor and outdoor ranges. I hope they stay around for a long time. smile

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5283833 09/02/14 02:16 PM
G
Get'n Jiggy Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
I was in Ken's old shop for a new release and a guy was returning a crossbow he bought. Don't know the details but I saw Ken get extremely upset and grabbed the guy by the neck. I walked out real fast but the two guys were asking if I would be a witness to the assault. They had the police on the phone and a lady came out with cash and said if you don't call the cops I will give you your money. She handed him cash and apologized. I later found out it was Ken's wife.

Who wants to be around a person like that? NOT me!!!

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Get'n Jiggy] #5283970 09/02/14 03:49 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: Get'n Jiggy
I was in Ken's old shop for a new release and a guy was returning a crossbow he bought. Don't know the details but I saw Ken get extremely upset and grabbed the guy by the neck. I walked out real fast but the two guys were asking if I would be a witness to the assault. They had the police on the phone and a lady came out with cash and said if you don't call the cops I will give you your money. She handed him cash and apologized. I later found out it was Ken's wife.

Who wants to be around a person like that? NOT me!!!

There are a lot of stories about Ken when he owned his shop in Arlington. Some love him and some hate him.

Pretty sure he doesn't work at CCR anymore and pretty sure that wouldn't fly when working for someone else...but I could be wrong

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5284178 09/02/14 05:38 PM
B
bjankowski Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Ken definitely had anger issues; about the only people he was nice to were guys that were staff shooters from his shop in Arlington.

I've seen him go off on people that wasn't called for; he never did with me, or I'd be in prison today. Homie don't play dat S###. boxing

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5284406 09/02/14 08:06 PM
T
TX_Hoghunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Unless I am wrong I don't think Ken ever went back after the bad wreck he had.

As far as his attitude I consider him a good friend. I was in his shop a lot and I never saw him go off on anyone that did not need it...LOL. I did see a few people that did not like his honesty. Ken was not one to tell you what you wanted to hear. He is one that will tell you the truth. Some people can handle that and some cannot. I live about 2 hours from CCR but if Ken is back at work then I will go back to driving over there to get my bow worked on.

-john

Time to catch a hog.......... A friend of Ken's
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: TX_Hoghunter] #5284928 09/03/14 12:41 AM
W
Wes70 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted By: TX_Hoghunter
Unless I am wrong I don't think Ken ever went back after the bad wreck he had.

As far as his attitude I consider him a good friend. I was in his shop a lot and I never saw him go off on anyone that did not need it...LOL. I did see a few people that did not like his honesty. Ken was not one to tell you what you wanted to hear. He is one that will tell you the truth. Some people can handle that and some cannot. I live about 2 hours from CCR but if Ken is back at work then I will go back to driving over there to get my bow worked on.

-john

John he isn't working there. He returned after his wreck but it was short lived. I working there though if you want to come see me!! smile

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5285114 09/03/14 02:04 AM
T
TX_Hoghunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Cool I did not know you were there. If you get bored go check out the pics that I posted from the Harper lease.

-john

Time to catch a hog.......... A friend of Ken's
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5287715 09/04/14 03:48 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
There is some grumbling going on over on TBH as well.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: passthru] #5288188 09/04/14 08:21 PM
W
Wes70 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted By: passthru
There is some grumbling going on over on TBH as well.
same guy from here, not bowtech kid.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5288301 09/04/14 09:26 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Dang! Puttin' em on blast eyy?

[Linked Image]
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5288951 09/05/14 02:55 AM
B
Bowtech kid Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
No not me read it on their to guy never said the name of the place but kinda made it were u could tell

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5296816 09/09/14 06:01 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
The difference is over there if you criticize a place the masses love, such as a bowhunting operation like the Diamond C Ranch, you get belittled, demeaned and ostracized. So people are a little tentative to post some things. Here it's a little more accepting of people's varying opinions.

NRA Life Member
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: passthru] #5296836 09/09/14 06:11 PM
T
texashunter900 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: passthru
The difference is over there if you criticize a place the masses love, such as a bowhunting operation like the Diamond C Ranch, you get belittled, demeaned and ostracized. So people are a little tentative to post some things. Here it's a little more accepting of people's varying opinions.

Or deleted and banned

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5297658 09/10/14 01:03 AM
W
Wes70 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
They don't let threads about site sponsors last long unless they are good.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5350643 10/09/14 06:09 PM
S
slimpickens Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
I have always had good experiences at CCR. Me and both my brothers go there to get what ever we need done. Not saying it doesn't happen! But like all businesses there are wait times. And yes I have had issues before with either new bow set up or other issue but they always made it right with no hesitation. I got transferred a couple yrs ago to San Angelo and I still go to them even tho it's a 4hr trip one way.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5351013 10/09/14 09:34 PM
T
Trust Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Refuse to purchase anything bow related at CCR, as others have stated the service is pretty poor. I prefer doing business at Smithfield and fear the day Rhondha closes shop.

soakitincider
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5351246 10/09/14 11:31 PM
B
BadLander Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Yada yada yada!!! People have good days, people have bad days ! If you search Smithfield you will see where she pissed a guy off with her" not gonna help that bow any" comment! But guess what I work in FW! And Smithfield is close and I get great service ! On the other side I live in Denton so I burn by ccr a lot ! I actually walked in with an attitude cause I left my compound questions at home and showed up with a homemade Osage orange bow needing some arrows like the two my brother sent with the bow!! Guess what they broke out a book got the right weight and tips, and sold me on a 1/2 dozen! It is what it is! If you don't like the channel turn it!!!!

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5352375 10/10/14 03:41 PM
2000cbr929 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
roflmao cinniomon grin Spelled Cinnamon....Maybe he went to the wrong place.

After eating Payne's sausage I don't know if I can go back to the regular store bought stuff.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money" Tom T Hall
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5354532 10/11/14 11:56 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I'm always stating that All-Star is my place of choice but I was on the way home today and decided to swing by CCR and see what it's all about. I've used the processor next door 3 times and never been in the shop. I can say this, I don't have names but as soon as I walked in, I was greeted and asked if they could help. I said no that I was just taking a look around. "Well holler if you have any questions bud!"

10 minutes into it, I was asked by another gentleman If I was looking for anything in particular. Nope, thanks tho. I can't say anything bad about the place. They had awesome stuff and the prices didn't seem too high on what I saw. I'd change the layout but hey, who am I but a yahoo off the street? Lol

Also, there was a birthday party inside for the kiddos. THAT was cool. They were having a blast with the little shooting competitions. I stood and watched for a while. It looked like they were hooked on bow shooting from the first shot. Cool idea.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5355777 10/12/14 09:05 PM
B
BrianMc Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I haven't posted on this thread because I had two completely different experiences on two occasions. The recurring issues up there and the request to hear about what's wrong has encouraged me to speak up...

The first time I went, it was slow, I got helped pretty quick, and I got to shoot a bunch of bows and had a lot of help... at that point, I was still deciding.

When I went back a couple weeks later, I knew what I wanted... a Hoyt Charger in 60 lbs. It took probably 30 minutes before I got helped... to the point that my wife almost made me leave. Part of it was they were busy... but there were a few guys BS'ing in the middle area and wouldn't look my way. Once I did get helped, I was told that they didn't have the 60-lbs bow. Then he said it was OK because "the 2014 Chargers could adjust from 50 to 70, so I didn't need to get a 50 to 60 bow". I can't find anything online that indicates this statement was anything more than a way to sell me the bow they had on-hand. In their defense, the 8-turns allowed on the limb bolts does get the bow down to around 50 lbs, but Hoyt still doesn't make any statements like I was told.

I had the kit put on, shot a few times, and then took it home. After a while of shooting in the string, I started really working on tuning. I found out that they didn't give me the extra parts to the UltraRest so I didn't have the Hoyt specific arm... luckily, QAD sent me one for no charge. Because they tied in the string for the rest, I didn't get the football either. I've since replaced the rest, but it still bugs me. BTW, the center shot wasn't even close and the loop wasn't square. It appears things were just thrown on there and eyeballed.

In comparison, I was on my way to Alvarado for another reason and took my bow with me. When I stopped in the shop down there, I just wanted to check my pull weight and they jumped at the chance to help me. I've since been in there a couple times and always have people walking up to me... I don't have to stand at the counter and stare someone down to get help.

Since I live in Mansfield, its a little further to get to Cinnamon Creek vs. Alvarado. After the first experience at CC, I thought the extra drive was worth it. The last trip I made showed me a different story.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5370081 10/20/14 06:34 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I was talking to a guy off of TBH about a possible bow swap. It seemed too easy. I called up to CCR about what it would take to get the 29" dl bow down to my 26.5" dl and Zach told me new cam and string/cables. I was astonished and asked him to check. Willie came to the phone and confirmed it and also said new limbs would be needed as well if I expected max performance out of it. Needless to say I was not able to do the swap. Glad I called and checked with them first. They saved me a bunch of cash and hassle. up

NRA Life Member
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5378232 10/25/14 12:13 AM
XBowHunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
i have a buddy who wanted to get into bow hunting so we went there back in the spring. i had heard good things about the place.

i have to agree with others around here that service is lacking. it took a while to get someone to help him. through the process of testing different bows and talking accessory upgrades, he was passed off to no less than three different salesmen. seemed kinda strange, but i dunno...

anyway, my friend came away with a very nice hoyt charger that was setup well. he has become deadly accurate with it too. CCR has a great selection and i like that about the place. customer service needs improvement.

while my friends bow was being setup we took a walk thru the 3D section. i wasn't impressed.

just the way i see it.

would i go back. yea, probably, because of the selection mostly...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide