Forums46
Topics537,021
Posts9,719,492
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5365625 10/17/14 05:18 PM
C
catslayer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Navasot, ok just went poking around the website...

http://slasharrows.com/pages/techspecs

look at the pick of the chick. she is at full draw and the WHOLE blade apparatus is in front of the rest. for me that mean the blades aren't IN THE ARROW... This is just a new GIANT broadhead that you slap a fixed blade on the fron... Not say it wont cut a giant hole but it is what it is...

Sombody smells like fried borritos...
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: catslayer] #5365882 10/17/14 07:49 PM
J
jratexas Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
The arrow she has was the smallest he has had manufactured when we took the photos, 27 inches, but her draw was set at 25 so its longer on hers... he is waiting on the smaller arrows to be manufactured... but they are coming. She used the previous prototype last year (basically same arrow without the metal casing) which just makes the arrow last much longer, but he wanted to finished arrows on the website (and not the set he made her last year). Look at my picture for reference... the arrow is carbon fiber with a metal casing around the arrow to absorb the impact of the blades opening backwards... THEY ARE IN THE ARROW... The arrows are designed to work with all rests... We have tested with drop aways, fixed, and whiskers... the added arrow length (of an inch or 2) makes it to where the blades will not catch.

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5366456 10/18/14 03:19 AM
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Send me some of them to try out and demo and Ill post a thorough review on here for everyone!

[Linked Image]
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5366487 10/18/14 04:07 AM
R
RangerRick Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted By: jratexas
She is not a world class bow hunter... She is my wife and got into the sport a few years ago. That is her new bow and we hadnt got it adjusted at the time of of the photos... Also, given we are not professional models/archery professionals, holding your draw for minutes at a time while they snap a million photos really reduces you ability to keep perfect form, haha. You are correct, just helping out as a "rep" - promoting and answering questions... I think its funny that so many are focused on that. I am excited about what I have seen and have wanted to help him given the innovation of this product. Being a banker and having an MBA has given me a passion for entrepenuership and this combines my two loves, business and hunting. Maybe one day I can quit my day job and be a "pro" for the company, hunting all over the world and staring in a Slash Arrow Outdoor Channel show... but until then I just get a few arrows (and that is more than enough given how awesome they are).

Can I join and be the old fart on the show that cracks the corny jokes... (as Long as I get to hunt ) smile

The way things should be are not often the way things are.....
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5366832 10/18/14 02:51 PM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
Hmmmmm no response. So I guess we may NOT be getting complete pass through on shots.

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: Walkabout] #5366986 10/18/14 05:46 PM
J
jratexas Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
I have had all pass throughs... if you shoot above 60 pounds should be no different than any other because these carry more KE and penetrate deeper... we are still exploring lower poundage for traditional and women but compound above 60 have had no problem!

Sorry i missed your question!

Been busy getting these things out!

Originally Posted By: Walkabout
Hmmmmm no response. So I guess we may NOT be getting complete pass through on shots.

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5367189 10/18/14 09:52 PM
C
catslayer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Do the blades sit on the near side of the rest when at full draw? Stop dodging and coming up with long-winded stories.

If the DO NOT pass over the rest when u draw, and then again when the arrow is released then they are NOT in the arrow. You just built an arrow with a broad head attatched

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5367192 10/18/14 09:56 PM
C
catslayer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Again not doubting it cuts a big hole and will kill deer... but it is what it is

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5367545 10/19/14 02:29 AM
F
Finfeathernfurr Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
My biggest? Is if you are not the inventor why wouldn't the guy that started it just make his own handle and join THF. I mean I would think if he is the brain behind the design he could perhaps portray a better understanding of his products to the people he is trying to distribute it to you. I mean I'm sure you are a close friend and have been involved a lot with the process but a lot of times it kind of sounds a lot like a middleman without total understanding of the products he's promoting. I am all for ensuring kills retrieval of game and if it really works it will get out and people will use it there is no doubt you may almost have to give some away though to get that word out good luck!

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5368310 10/19/14 06:29 PM
A
Arrowslinger82 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
A
My grim reapers work every time and fly with field points. Why would I change my setup for this? I'm paper tuned with my arrows just like these other guys are. So I ditch my fmj arrows and try these? Uh. No

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: Arrowslinger82] #5368451 10/19/14 08:16 PM
R
RLoving1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Wonder if the people that came up with 3 or 4 blade heads were grilled when they first came out? Oh I bet the native Americans went postal when other tribes went to steel and dropped the flint! Wasn't that long ago that the trad crowd questioning the compound coming of age, fast forward to the mech b/h scenario and xbow debates! We still on regular occasion have the fixed b/h versus the mech crowd standing on opposing pulpits with each of their own success stories. So this poster found or has some association with a new concept....kudos to having a belief, faith, or hope in something. Maybe a fad or the next great thing time will tell.

Brayden (Lazy L's Southern Comfort) you will be missed! You were more than a pet you were my reason to rise and return for many days! You were my rock!
12/26/03-10/25/13
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: Nathan at Fork] #5368670 10/19/14 10:46 PM
J
jratexas Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
ill make yall a deal on a pair, one practice and one hunting arrow for $40.

Originally Posted By: Nathan at Fork
Send me some of them to try out and demo and Ill post a thorough review on here for everyone!

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: catslayer] #5368683 10/19/14 10:55 PM
J
jratexas Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
They are on the far side... the around 3 inches longer for that reason. The blades are inside the arrow. You can attach any broadhead you want to the end. The guys at Texas Trophy were putting Rage heads on and punching 4x4 holes in targets... it is not an elongated broadhead. it is an elongated arrow. i dont think I have dodged any questions, at least not on purpose and am sorry you thought I was.

Originally Posted By: catslayer
Do the blades sit on the near side of the rest when at full draw? Stop dodging and coming up with long-winded stories.

If the DO NOT pass over the rest when u draw, and then again when the arrow is released then they are NOT in the arrow. You just built an arrow with a broad head attatched

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5369084 10/20/14 02:58 AM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
No you havnt and have been very professional about your post. Most would have went crying to mommy by now with this many not negative but more very questionable and informative post.... cheers

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5369347 10/20/14 12:40 PM
C
catslayer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: jratexas
They are on the far side... the around 3 inches longer for that reason. The blades are inside the arrow. You can attach any broadhead you want to the end. The guys at Texas Trophy were putting Rage heads on and punching 4x4 holes in targets... it is not an elongated broadhead. it is an elongated arrow. i dont think I have dodged any questions, at least not on purpose and am sorry you thought I was.

Originally Posted By: catslayer

???? dude... we set up bows for the arrows to barely set on the arrow rest at full draw... Just about he the only thing in front of the rest is the broad head. Call a spade a spade bro. This is an arrow with a dedicated mechanical broadhead fixed into the front. Here is another test, if I put a field point on the front of this thing, we'll call it a penetrator, and shoot it, does it or does it not by itself function as a broad head... If I put a slick trick on there does it not basically turn it into a hybrid slick trick/swacker. The way the lever open system works is virtually identical. you just are running the blades longer. Permanently attaching it to the arrow does not mean its in the arrow... I can permanently attach a swacker, that broad head hides the blades in the tip, so if the tip is attached to the arrow permanently the tip is "part of the arrow" right? there fore that would mean the tip hides the blade in the arrow... Or does the fact that you can attach another broadhead in front of it make it "in the arrow". Because it is behind a traditional broadhead?

I'm done arguing semantics with a yes man who is just trying to sell... Post when you get one that keeps the arrows natural balance point basically the same and is actually in the shaft of the arrow, not hanging off the end. If its in the shaft, then it will be drawn OVER the rest.
also the idea of it opening inside the animal is no good for me, I you really want to impress me make it deploy when the FRONT broadhead hits so it is cut on contact the full size of the blades... if its opeining IN the animal, what if I hit high and that giant blade hits a vertebra? will the whole thing twist? will the blade snap? you aren't gona convence me that long and tin a blade will break bone that thick.

I'm not saying you arnt poking GIANT holes in whatever you shoot... but what i'm saying is your just expanding on a broadhead idea that is a good design. But I hate people using dumb hype to sell something...

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: catslayer] #5370924 10/21/14 12:56 AM
J
jratexas Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
I guess I personally shoot longer arrows than you as I have never had it that close to my rest. As for the rest, look at it however you like. It is a beautiful work of art that is turning a lot of peoples heads. I guess I am a "yes man" for saying yes to trying something new... but a lot of us bow hunters are "yes men"... I remember the first time I shot the double cam Monster, and said yes... I also remember the first time I broke down and bought a rage broadhead over my old trusty muzzy, I said yes again... in both instances I was pleasantly surprised and happy I said "yes"... your comment doesnt just insult me, but insults everyone else who has said yes to a new and innovative product...

per your comment regarding a high shot hitting the vertebra, I personally whacked an axis doe who ducked my shot. The arrow went in just under her spine and cut straight through her spine (severing it completely in half)... she dropped instantly... recovered the arrow and later used it on a hog... Should be posting a video on the website within the next day or two showing the shot and after math as only hard evidence could ever convince a naysayer (a "no" man) such as yourself (although lets be real, pretty sure there is no convincing this guy! haha).

Dont know how anything I have said would be referred to a "hype". Hype would infer that I have lied or misrepresented this product in some way. I dont feel I have hyped it up to a point that is unrealistic. This product obviously isnt for everyone, but why push others away from something they may like just because it doesnt meet YOUR standards??? Say what you want, but "Sales" is AMERICAN... "innovation" is AMERICAN... and "huge blades shooting out of an arrow causing an immense amount of devastation" is AMERICAN!

I will now be focusing my efforts answering answering questions and "hyping" the product elsewhere... So you get your wish CatEater... I will happily leave you to bashing me and this product without rebuttal...

But to the others out there, if you want to be a "yesman" like me and try something awesome go to the website and order some. If you do so in the next week or two (before they hit the archery shops), input the following discount codes to get a discounted set:

for the 3 hunting and 3 target option - input "friend of josh" in discount field for a $20 discount
for the 1 hunting and 1 target option - input "single discount" in discount field for a $10 discount

the discount field is on the second page of the checkout process at the top.

Good luck to yall this season!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide