Forums46
Topics537,784
Posts9,729,099
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
*New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft #5362045 10/15/14 07:54 PM
J
jratexas Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
Wanted to tell yall about a new product a friend of mine developed. Over 3 years of engineering and testing has been done and the product is pretty unbelieveable. These will revolutionize bowhunting and reduce lost game significantly, if not all together. The difference between these and "mechanical" broad heads is that the arrow itself has a fixed blad broadhead, flies true, and the blades deploy using inertia opening INSIDE the animal for maximum devistation. No more worry about whether or not the mechanical will work, even if the blades didnt deploy, the arrow would act the same as any other fixed blade broadhead (it is important to note that not once have the blades not deployed, the design makes it impossible for a faulty deployment, but just thought I would add due to concerns most people have with mechanical broadheads). The added weight increases accuracy and maximizes kinetic energy (testing showed this using 55 pound to 80 pound draw weight, all of which can shoot this arrow). Not only that, but at the peak of the blades opening, there is over a 5 inch cutting diameter... I am representative for the company and will be happy to answer any questions or concerns regarding the arrow. you can ask on here, or call/text me a 713-eightninenine - 54fivefive. If you want to purchase some, let me know and I will get you an introductory deal. They come in a pack of 6, 3 ready to go arrows with inset blades and broadhead and 3 target arrows. There is also a "try it" option that includes one hunting arrow and one target arrow. Hope yall get as excited about this revolutionary product as we are. So far the average distance downed game has traveled is roughly 20 yards... and not one animal has been lost, including multiple bad shots (high back, one in front of hind quarters, etc.). The devastation these arrows inflict is truly shocking and words cannot describe how well they work. Main goal of the company is to reduce or erraticate lost game due to poor shot placement. I, like many other bow hunters, have felt the shame of losing a wounded animal. Now I do not worry about it and shoot more confidently than ever. Thanks for reading and check out the website for more information, pictures, and testimonials:

www.slasharrows.com

Last edited by jratexas; 10/16/14 04:18 AM. Reason: Add picture
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5362907 10/16/14 02:39 AM
B
bjankowski Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
clap Makes one wonder when the first post is about someone trying to sell something. clap

Juss saying. confused2

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5362961 10/16/14 03:11 AM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
And usually post in third person, my friend, a guy I met, this guy a the gun show. Seen it plenty.
Although, they are pretty cool looking.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5362973 10/16/14 03:19 AM
J
jratexas Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
Just helping a friend get the word out and I told him I would post something on the forums I frequent. I don't get paid for selling these. Just happy to be able to finally tell people about a product I watched evolve from a cool idea to an awesome reality. He just told me he would sell some at a discount to get the product out there. Feel free to wait, you will see a lot more about them in the coming months. Owner had a delay that pushed back manufacturing times until after opening archery. So they are just wanting to hurry up and get some out there for people to use this deer season. Like I said before, happy to answer any questions or concerns. OR refer you to the owner if that makes you feel better.

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5363008 10/16/14 03:45 AM
B
Bowhunt Only Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Do you have any pictures of these arrows or graphics showing how they work?

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: Bowhunt Only] #5363017 10/16/14 03:57 AM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: Bowhunt Only
Do you have any pictures of these arrows or graphics showing how they work?

There are some on the website.

Website says an outside cutting diameter of 2", you said over 5"...which is it? The gel shot shows deployment after impact as described, but it isn't fully deployed until 3-4" of penetration. How well do they work on angled shots? How easy are the blades to replace? What spine arrows and what grain are available to make sure they are tuned with the different bows on the market? What is the overall weight of the arrow combined with the insert and a broadhead?

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5363045 10/16/14 04:35 AM
J
jratexas Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
1. The blades are 2 inches in length so when they open inside the animal maximum cutting diameter, at it's peak, is close to 5 inches. This happens when the blades are at a 90 degree angle from the shaft inside the animal where it matters most. The entry hole will be like a normal fixed blade cut, but the inside cuts and exit are where the devastation happens. Additionally, there is roughly 5 inches if total cutting surface with the broad and inset blades combined. See further explanation in the "performance" section. And sorry for the confusion on that! Did that answer your question?

2. Work great on angled shots. No difference in performance. However, the percentage of good shot placement is lower on angled shots, so this arrow will increase the success of obtaining a lethal blow on angled shots due to the damage done inside and on the exit. One of the shots made by a tester was a quartering away shot. Unfortunately, he hit the deer too far back and no vitals were hit (basically gut shot). The deer didn't make it 50 yards before expiring. Too much damage was done inside for the deer to keep going. Best of all, he didn't have to wait hours before putting his hands on his new trophy. Just minutes. Much more humane and the game was recovered.

Last edited by jratexas; 10/16/14 04:37 AM. Reason: Added some
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5363061 10/16/14 05:00 AM
J
jratexas Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
3. Given the amount of force put on the blades it is not recommended that you reuse the arrow. But every arrow and broadhead company advises that. Sometimes the naked eye can't see damage done from impact or a miss resulting In a shattered rock! I would tell you that if the blades need replacing, time to pick up an unused one. I have a set of fixed blade arrows I use for hogs. And then I use these strictly for deer and other trophy game. $50 a shot is fine by me for knowing I will ethically kill my intended target. You will be surprised at how durable and well made the product is. There is an option to get replacement "o" rings on the website. You simply move the blades back into place slide a new o ring on and then put the broad head back on. I believe in testing we had roughly 30 shots into target before we started to see wear on the inset blades and that part of the arrow shaft (and you should have seen the targets, had to change them out every 3 to 5 shots because the arrow was hollowing them out and exiting the back after a few shots!) But again, these are most effective previously unshot (as all other arrows and broadheads).

4. The spine info is in the "performance" and "tech specs" sections. The heavier arrow may not fly as fast as your current arrows but the heavier the projectile, the more kinetic energy, and the more penetration and impact force. The forward weight is around 14% I believe (normal is 0 to 12%). But that is an advantage with all the new studies showing more forward weight results in better penetration. In Africa and Canada they are using upwards of 20 to 30% in forward weight with 800 to 1000 grain arrows (total weight). I can send you an article on this if you like. To sum up, we tested a number of different bows with this arrow (from 55 to 80+ draw weights) And all performed great. Happy to into more detail if you like.

5. Depends on your draw length. But at 29 inches, arrow + inset blades is at 404 grains plus 60 grain broadhead. So roughly 464 grains in total. Like I said before, the speed will decrease but the damage will greatly increase!

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any other questions. Thanks.

Josh

Last edited by jratexas; 10/16/14 05:14 AM. Reason: Added info
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5363709 10/16/14 05:23 PM
C
catslayer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
... interesting... but lets be real, its a just a GIANT mechanical broad head with a fixed blade stuck on the end. Now i'm not saying no... I would like to see more. Cool thought

Last edited by catslayer; 10/16/14 05:24 PM.

Sombody smells like fried borritos...
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5363776 10/16/14 06:11 PM
W
wisco-hunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
I'm not going to buy one, but I can see "your friend" making an absolute killing off of these. It seems to appeal to the fixed broadhead user, the mechanical user, and the gimmick bowhunter. This will make somebody rich with the correct marketing!

Why is it that every time I push #1 for english, I cannot understand the person on the other end???
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5363777 10/16/14 06:11 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Nice an arrow longer then my bow

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5363781 10/16/14 06:14 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
rolleyes

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: catslayer] #5363987 10/16/14 08:15 PM
J
jratexas Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
Compared to all others I guess it is GIANT... but its funny, I shoot tighter groups than I ever have with the practice arrows... something about the length and weight makes them fly truer... and when you shoot that tight of groups with an 80 pound monster, the added penetration makes it back breaking work to get the dang things out of the target! I cant wait to get out to the farm and unleash one... that is if the deer arent too full from all the acorns to make it my way...

As for seeing more about them, im trying to get him to send me some of the post kill photos and will post them when he sends them. Its hard to visualize without photos and video... just havent had time to upload them all yet... website just went live last week so still trying to work out the bugs...

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: wisco-hunter] #5364012 10/16/14 08:27 PM
J
jratexas Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
Thats too bad! Wish we could change your mind. I hope he does, given his commitment to improving this awesome sport and the immense amount of personal time and money sunk into this project. The biggest problem I have always heard people have with mechanicals is the "what if it doesnt open?" Like I said in the first post, if they didnt open, then you have a fixed blade arrow still going through... but as stated before, we have never had the blades not deploy.

I told him to make a commercial for the outdoor/pursuit channels with heavy metal music, crazy slow motion shots, and hot girls holding/shooting them in camo bikinis... unfortunately he spent all of his money in the development and testing!!! haha maybe in the near future after enough sales have been made...

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5364306 10/16/14 11:33 PM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
Interesting.....how many of the kills with this design were complete pass through?

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5364324 10/16/14 11:42 PM
G
Geezer Ranger Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
I am curious about the legality of the arrow. Has this been run by TPWD. There is a 7/8 rule on mechanical broadheads as well as fixed. That 7/8" must be available on impact not internal of the animal. That is the way I read the rule. Maybe I am reading it incorrectly.

texas I am allergic to stupidity. You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts someone.
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: Geezer Ranger] #5364337 10/16/14 11:51 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: Geezer Ranger
I am curious about the legality of the arrow. Has this been run by TPWD. There is a 7/8 rule on mechanical broadheads as well as fixed. That 7/8" must be available on impact not internal of the animal. That is the way I read the rule. Maybe I am reading it incorrectly.

The fixed head on the front of the arrow appears to have a 7/8" cut and since it is fixed, it's on contact.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5364509 10/17/14 01:21 AM
7ARanch Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Interesting setup. 12.6 gr per in is what I think I read on the website. Some of the text on the site (at least on my tablet) is somewhat broken up and hard to read. If it is 12.6 gpi his KE statement is factually correct but really won't come into play until the arrow is a long way down range and your personal game ranging skills better be spot on even at closer ranges due to arrow drop. The young lady in the photo may be a world class archer for all I know but with her way too long draw length bow and floating anchor point I'd have to see it to believe it. Increased FOC can help accuracy can improve accuracy in a marginally tuned bow but anything above 10% is usually more than enough and a well tuned bow and good archer can get by with less. The other thing I noted is that in your first post you said you were a rep for the company but later said you get nothing out of it, did I read that right? I believe I'll pass but good luck to you.

Destroyer 340; Easton Flatline; Grim Reapers
Not as Mean Not as Lean but still a Marine

Billy Bob: My nose is dripping on my balls...
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5365264 10/17/14 02:41 PM
S
spro Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Like the product but the price tag will keep me away.

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: spro] #5365432 10/17/14 03:43 PM
J
jratexas Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
I really dont think they are that expensive... They are cheaper for me... 6 Easton FMJ arrows = 129.99... 3 rage broadheads = 39.99... total of 169.98...

The target arrows can double as "hog" arrows or hunting arrows you can equip with a traditional broadhead... So 6 arrows and 3 broadheads for $20 cheaper...

Appreciate the feedback though... I am forwarding back all comments to him so things like this help!

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: 7ARanch] #5365458 10/17/14 03:57 PM
J
jratexas Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
She is not a world class bow hunter... She is my wife and got into the sport a few years ago. That is her new bow and we hadnt got it adjusted at the time of of the photos... Also, given we are not professional models/archery professionals, holding your draw for minutes at a time while they snap a million photos really reduces you ability to keep perfect form, haha. You are correct, just helping out as a "rep" - promoting and answering questions... I think its funny that so many are focused on that. I am excited about what I have seen and have wanted to help him given the innovation of this product. Being a banker and having an MBA has given me a passion for entrepenuership and this combines my two loves, business and hunting. Maybe one day I can quit my day job and be a "pro" for the company, hunting all over the world and staring in a Slash Arrow Outdoor Channel show... but until then I just get a few arrows (and that is more than enough given how awesome they are).

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: jratexas] #5365488 10/17/14 04:09 PM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
If you are paying 129.99 for 6 FMJ arrows you need to find another place for arrows. That is $55 more than the going rate of $74.99 around here for FMJ

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: kmon11] #5365526 10/17/14 04:27 PM
J
jratexas Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
I dont remember what I paid... just did a google search and cabelas came up at 129.99... but I remember paying at least $100 after they were cut and fletched (but that was 2 seasons ago)... Also, mine are the heaviest they make so that might make a difference (but I dont know if it does)... if that is the case then Slash arrows are $20 or $30 more than my set up. Something I personally would pay for them...

Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: kmon11] #5365582 10/17/14 04:58 PM
C
catslayer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: kmon1
If you are paying 129.99 for 6 FMJ arrows you need to find another place for arrows. That is $55 more than the going rate of $74.99 around here for FMJ

I was thinking the same thing...

Ok here is my first real question... how does it work on the rest? how does it not catch? whisker biscuit or drop away only???

Sombody smells like fried borritos...
Re: *New* Slash Arrows - Deploying Blades IN the Arrow Shaft [Re: catslayer] #5365586 10/17/14 04:59 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: catslayer
Originally Posted By: kmon1

I was thinking the same thing...

Ok here is my first real question... how does it work on the rest? how does it not catch? whisker biscuit or drop away only???

I would assume its a good 6-8 inches longer than a standard arrow you would use

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide