Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: XBowHunter] #5381170 10/27/14 01:52 AM
T
TMc Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I've had both good and bad experiences there.
On the big "I'm here to buy a new bow" day - the guy actually stood there and made enough dumbass comments that I finally told him, that he'd done a good enough job that I'd just go somewhere else. He looked surprised and I think realized what he'd been doing, he tried to say something like, Oh hey, uh I can show you a couple things. Another guy behind the counter heard a bit of the convo and approached, but By then I was done.

Went back again months later for broadheads,(no one else had the GraveDiggers I needed) There no problem then.
The next day I realized I'd bought the Deep Six and needed to exchange them. I called, I think I might have actually talked to Wes, everything was cool and I drove back out from Dallas and switched them out no problem.
Hit Montana 4 days later and dropped a Pope & Young Pronghorn.

Alvarado Archery gets the rest of my business from now on. Great people and Great customer service.

Just my experiences for those interested.

Be calm brother, I see you and thank you. Your spirit and body nourish mine. Be calm brother; I see you and thank you.
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5546076 01/16/15 04:22 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Went by there today. Willie gave me and insert for my clarifier peep. That isn't clear in wet, cold weather. And now that I'm wearing contacts again after 25 years . . . Anyhow, bought some Nocturnals since he didn't charge me for that. I did glance at the new Hoyts . . .

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5593871 02/11/15 03:37 PM
Bowhunter Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Personally, I like CCR. Nice people and a great place to shoot.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5595694 02/12/15 02:45 PM
O
okbowhunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
O
The kid at CCR that helped me look at a bunch of stabilizers and try them out was helpful enough. But I don't think I would take my bow there to get worked on I just wasn't feeling it. I think it's a fun place to go to shoot I liked the walk through of the woods course. First time there no one was super helpful so it was kind of hard to figure out where to go but once we got our bearings we had a good time.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5613163 02/22/15 08:12 PM
T
ttubudd Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Great folks at CCR. Bought a new Mathews from Jeff there last week. Spent a ton of time with me and let me shoot several different bows. Great experience over all. I've been to Alvarado also, really liked that shop and the folks in it too.

Wreck em!
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5634507 03/04/15 11:58 PM
H
Hollywood669 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
H
Thanks for the info i was gonna take my bow there to have about 400.00 dollars worth of work done there guess i wont be going there.

Looking for someone in the Arlington area to shot a bow with!!!!!!!!!
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5634664 03/05/15 01:15 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I don't know why not. I would.

NRA Life Member
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5634737 03/05/15 01:43 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I am loyal to David..but like passthru had mentioned earlier in the thread, it is handy on location..I went in with a Open Mind when I bought my case, I ended up getting it a Davids they were out of stock..
Actually was Happy with the service I ended up picking up a new release, I wish I had of got the gentleman's name, middle aged slim guy with a moustache..Very Helpful and courteous..I like how they work with the Youth Archery Leagues..
Only complaint I had was the kid in the sand brown truck that came through the parking lot doing 65 mphs and almost ran me over running in the store and he worked there.
But I will go back

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5634820 03/05/15 02:21 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I like David's as well but the selection is not as big and it's forty miles from me vs. less than twenty.

NRA Life Member
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: passthru] #5639822 03/07/15 08:37 PM
T
Texasrebel649 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
I'm fairly new to bow hunting and this was the first shop I used. I have to admit the first time I went in there I was not impressed with their customer service. I tried to ask questions and getting help was like pulling teeth. I told myself I would not be returning.

I'm a firm believer in giving second chances, so I returned. My second visit was just a little better than the first. I can say that this time the customer service was better than the first visit. I made a purchase and left. Upon getting home I realized I had purchased the wrong thing and returned to CCR. They were out of stock for the one I needed. They returned the wrong item and promptly got me the right one on order.

My third visit, I had a problem with my bow, which I did not purchase from CCR. I took it to them and they fixed it in a matter of minutes of me bringing it in. They did not charge me to repair it. They let me shoot it to make sure it was fixed to my liking. I left completely satisfied with CCR.

I can say based on my experience with them, that their customer service has been hit and miss. It seems to depend on who is working that day. They seemed to always have a good selection of accessories and bows. Their prices seem to be in line with everyone else. They have a pretty good range that includes an elaborate outdoor range. I will continue to use them,and say if your in the market for shop to give them a look for yourself and make the call if you like them or not.

Life is about the choices YOU make...Good or Bad!
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5639960 03/07/15 10:06 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I stood in one place looking at the empty spot on the shelf where an item was supposed to sit that I drove to this store for. No less than ten of there employees walked by me. A few said hello, several just looked away, as they went by. None of them stopped and asked me if they could help me. Finally, after 45 minutes I saw another employee and walked several isles down and asked him for help. Turns out he was in maintenance. He did however call another employee down from up stairs who looked up the item and told me they were back ordered on it and didn't know when they would have one. I went home and ordered it online from the manufacturer.

That was Cabelas not far from CCR. People will complain about the archery shop but tell me one time we get great customer service from Walmart or some other big store we frequent all the time?

The point is if I had just straight up asked for help at Cabelas that day from one of the people that passed by me I probably would have gotten a less than enthusiastic response and not been happy. If I had gone on a different day I may have gotten a different response and been more happy.

I go in to CCR and if I'm there for a reason I speak to them when I walk in if they don't speak to me first, which hasn't been too often. And they have taken care of me and my equipment so I will keep going there.

NRA Life Member
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5662429 03/21/15 11:56 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I always hate to hear about a cool place like a bow shop, gun shop, or even a taxidermy shop that has issues, but unfortunately they occasionally do. Ive had problems with all three. Most of the time its someones big headed attitude. Man that sucks, just be cool right. If Ive been in the gun doctor 10 times, 9 times I told myself I would never go back in there again. All my friends hate them too. They've inherited the name gun dicks. Man could you imagine getting that kind of reputation. Same with the local gun range, we call them range dicks. rock_on

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5685721 04/06/15 12:54 AM
N
noMoe Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
N
Went in there looking to buy 2 bows, and all new gear for them.
The person working the counter was Cody.... not a plesnt experience there.
I went down the street to cabelas and got the service I expected to get ccr.

For there I went down to smithfield, could not be happier. Looks like ill be getting both bows there.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5686014 04/06/15 09:38 AM
B
B G Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
It's really hit or miss at CCR, depends on who is working the counter and how they react to being disturbed. The younger guys that work there seem to be impatient and cocky. Always had a good experience with Smithfield.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5708942 04/20/15 09:06 PM
R
Riff Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Completely agree with NoMoe and BG. I just bought a bow from Smithfield Archery after going to both Cabela's and CCR. The bow was even a little cheaper at CCR but I chose to buy it at Smithfield because the people there actually seemed to know what they were talking about and were in no hurry to rush me out the door. I may go to CCR to use the range in the future but Smithfield's customer service has gained a customer for life.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5708992 04/20/15 09:47 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
See how well tuned out the door your bow is and you may change your mind.

Just sayin'.

NRA Life Member
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: passthru] #5709984 04/21/15 03:56 PM
T
texashunter900 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: passthru
See how well tuned out the door your bow is and you may change your mind.

Just sayin'.

Never had a problem at Smithfields with me my bow being tuned when I walked out the door. That is where I went after CCR couldn't get it right and gave poor customer service.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5710394 04/21/15 07:58 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I have. And unfortunately I found out the hard way. Lesson learned. I've also had a need when Stan was on vacation and it was just TDB for me until he got back but CCR handled it fast and easy. He also tried to convince me that after 25 years of bowhunting my draw length was wrong so he could sell me a bow off the rack.

I'm just saying no shop is perfect. But CCR has some good people, some good techs and THE BEST selection of bows and accessories on this side of the metroplex. Do I have a problem with using Smithfield? Nope. Then again I don't have a problem driving 35+ miles to David's Outdoors in Weatherford knowing I will get great service, fair prices and a great tech working on my gear as well.

NRA Life Member
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5710397 04/21/15 08:00 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Not sure what day but if you go any place on a Saturday, be prepared to wait your azz off. CCA should have a "take a number" machine, because at least you can walk around shopping while waiting your turn, really goes for any place.

IMO, I wouldn't take a bow to Cabelas or Bass Pro but that's just me.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5710839 04/22/15 01:47 AM
T
texashunter900 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Passthru,
I agree no shop is perfect and I know there are good people at CCR, some who reached out to me after my bad experience. I hold those people in high respect for standing up to solve a problem.
I have found a shop that can handle my needs and has provided the service needed.

CCR has great potential and with the money they spend on marketing they will bring in New customers all the time. I know they are working to make customer service better but you are only as strong as your weakest person. (weak being Customer service).

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide