Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5256726 08/16/14 06:06 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
The reality is I can build a pump from a collection of the parts. Same with a gas chlorinator, a lime slaker, a gate valve or any other of the several hundred pieces of equipment that I worked with for 30 years. Different brands no matter. I was considered an "expert" in my industry and even 50 year old pieces of equipment there aren't manuals for we were expected to figure out and have them running at maximum efficiency. I would expect any "bow tech" who takes my bow in for service to return it right and ready to go. When that doesn't happen for people they lose confidence such as several people on here have posted. It could be confidence in a business to do work to an expected quality or to give good service. Truth be told, if I had all my own equipment such as press and such, not to mention a room again to do such stuff, I seldom would go to a "pro shop".

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Wes70] #5261914 08/19/14 07:58 PM
C
catslayer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Wes70
No one that is unhappy wants a discount?

No, cause I wont be back to buy anything. Sorry bro, just checked the thread again that's why I haven't written.

Top 3 things that bugged me summed up.

1.) Uncle walks in off the street, he is a Dr. Has money buring a hole in his wallet, buys a bow. Yall "set it up". He comes to ranch, and shoots we a buddy and I. We from the first couple shots can tell SOMTHING IS UP. the bow is LOUD, and it is a NICE BOW. Its WAY louder than it should and sounds different than I've ever heard. We mention it to my uncle. He stops by a dif shop on the way home from the ranch. That tech is shocked by how it was "set up." No I don't know what war wrong I wasn't there but I trust that tech a lot. Felt like he was taken advantage of.

2.) Was told something yall were out of stock of would be in that week or the next tops, was there the next two weeks made special trips. 3 months later somebody found something with my name on it and called, needless to say I had found what I needed elsewhere.

3.) Observation, if you aren't a "regular" out there your a second class citizen. Seen it several times new people who don't know the ropes get ignored.

Lastly, shot a round of 3rd. Lost 2 arrows because they blew through cause targets were worn out(may have been replaced by now idk) Mentioned it back at the shop, was told, "well yall shoulda picked a different spot on the target and gone from there." Are you kidding? I spent money to play and score CORRECTLY. Would you tell somebody at a golf course to pick a differnt spot on the green and call it a hole.

Not saying they are bad people, heck some of them have been funny the times I've been around. Not saying there aren't good instances too just saying I won't buy anything from them or have them touch a bow I own. I feel like they need to refocus their efforts and work on their professionalism.

I will be there to shoot because there aren't really other options that make sense near me and if you want to shoot competitively you basically HAVE to go there somtimes... I'll take my bow to people I trust and not spend my money there.

Sombody smells like fried borritos...
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: catslayer] #5262414 08/20/14 12:09 AM
W
Wes70 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted By: catslayer
Originally Posted By: Wes70
No one that is unhappy wants a discount?

No, cause I wont be back to buy anything. Sorry bro, just checked the thread again that's why I haven't written.

Top 3 things that bugged me summed up.

1.) Uncle walks in off the street, he is a Dr. Has money buring a hole in his wallet, buys a bow. Yall "set it up". He comes to ranch, and shoots we a buddy and I. We from the first couple shots can tell SOMTHING IS UP. the bow is LOUD, and it is a NICE BOW. Its WAY louder than it should and sounds different than I've ever heard. We mention it to my uncle. He stops by a dif shop on the way home from the ranch. That tech is shocked by how it was "set up." No I don't know what war wrong I wasn't there but I trust that tech a lot. Felt like he was taken advantage of.

2.) Was told something yall were out of stock of would be in that week or the next tops, was there the next two weeks made special trips. 3 months later somebody found something with my name on it and called, needless to say I had found what I needed elsewhere.

3.) Observation, if you aren't a "regular" out there your a second class citizen. Seen it several times new people who don't know the ropes get ignored.

Lastly, shot a round of 3rd. Lost 2 arrows because they blew through cause targets were worn out(may have been replaced by now idk) Mentioned it back at the shop, was told, "well yall shoulda picked a different spot on the target and gone from there." Are you kidding? I spent money to play and score CORRECTLY. Would you tell somebody at a golf course to pick a differnt spot on the green and call it a hole.

Not saying they are bad people, heck some of them have been funny the times I've been around. Not saying there aren't good instances too just saying I won't buy anything from them or have them touch a bow I own. I feel like they need to refocus their efforts and work on their professionalism.

I will be there to shoot because there aren't really other options that make sense near me and if you want to shoot competitively you basically HAVE to go there somtimes... I'll take my bow to people I trust and not spend my money there.

Did you or your uncle say anything to anyone at CCR? I would like to know who the tech at CCR was so we could make sure he doesn't do that again. I would of also like to know what the other shop did to fix the issue.

It is hard to fix a problem if know one knows.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5262463 08/20/14 12:43 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Wes I applaud you for trying to make good on all the complaints. Kudos sir

Last edited by Bullfrog; 08/20/14 12:44 AM.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5263162 08/20/14 12:52 PM
C
catslayer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Wes70, I don't know, I would tell you if I did. My uncles deal was a while back now. He isn't much of a bow junky, just bought it and shoots what he has. He didn't get names or anything. I had told him i'd like to go with him when he went but he didn't want to wait. It was all I could do to get him to go to some kind of shop and not bass pro.
I'm sure my uncle didn't say anything, he went to the guy I use and never looked back.

As for the other shop I can't tell you, again I wasn't there. I just know my uncle said the shop worked on it said they found the problem, fixed it. I know what the bow sounds like before and after. Like I said he isn't a bow junky, if it was me i'd have got answers.

Sombody smells like fried borritos...
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5263233 08/20/14 01:42 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
3.) Observation, if you aren't a "regular" out there you're a second class citizen. Seen it several times new people who don't know the ropes get ignored.

I've seen this happen. And it happens to me because I don't go there regularly. I don't do shoots, I shoot in my back yard or into a soon to be dead animal. I go when I need repairs, gear or supplies. It's really frustrating when they are standing in the center talking and you are walking around the counter or standing there looking at them and they don't even acknowledge your existence. But the last few times I went that wasn't the case. Of course I did buy a bow and all the accessories.

That was a few months ago.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5263541 08/20/14 04:26 PM
S
soonerdg Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Man I'm glad I read through this thread. Been seriously thinking about getting up there to shoot some 3D. It's a long drive for me but there aren't a lot of other options. Now I won't waste my time. Especially since I learned here that Ken Witt is affiliated with him. Visited his shop in Arlington maybe 12 yrs ago when I first was getting into archery. Worst experience I ever had. In fact I had such a bad experience with him that I gave up on buying a bow until about 4 yrs ago. I assumed I would be treated like that everywhere because I was on a budget and didn't have thousands of dollars to spend at an archer shop. Sounds like he molded a lot of the staff in his image.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: soonerdg] #5263588 08/20/14 04:54 PM
W
Wes70 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted By: soonerdg
Man I'm glad I read through this thread. Been seriously thinking about getting up there to shoot some 3D. It's a long drive for me but there aren't a lot of other options. Now I won't waste my time. Especially since I learned here that Ken Witt is affiliated with him. Visited his shop in Arlington maybe 12 yrs ago when I first was getting into archery. Worst experience I ever had. In fact I had such a bad experience with him that I gave up on buying a bow until about 4 yrs ago. I assumed I would be treated like that everywhere because I was on a budget and didn't have thousands of dollars to spend at an archer shop. Sounds like he molded a lot of the staff in his image.

You didn't read all the threads about CCR then. Ken Witt hasn't been affiliated with them for 2 years now I think.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5271575 08/25/14 10:13 PM
T
texashunter900 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Wes70,
I will tell you customer service is very lacking at CCR. I just had a new string and cable setup put on mine and had a major problem with the string. Not once did anybody seem concerned. I never got a thank you for your business, or even the correct silencers put on my string.

The guy last night when I picked up my bow just handed it to me, I asked if he was going to put the pep in and he said "oh yea" and took it back and put the d loop on so the peep could be installed. I point blank ask him if it had been shot and paper tuned and he said yes. I didn't want to call him out on this but how did they paper tune it if it didn't have a d loop. I finally just gave up, paid what I owed and left.

I could go on and on about the 4 trips I have made there for my bow and all the lack of customer service things I observed while waiting around, but I feel it would fall on deaf ears.

and like stated in a previous post my bow is 2 times as loud as it was before the new cables and string. I will be taking it to another shop to have it checked out.

Very disappointed with CCR.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: texashunter900] #5272440 08/26/14 10:58 AM
W
Wes70 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted By: texashunter900
Wes70,
I will tell you customer service is very lacking at CCR. I just had a new string and cable setup put on mine and had a major problem with the string. Not once did anybody seem concerned. I never got a thank you for your business, or even the correct silencers put on my string.

The guy last night when I picked up my bow just handed it to me, I asked if he was going to put the pep in and he said "oh yea" and took it back and put the d loop on so the peep could be installed. I point blank ask him if it had been shot and paper tuned and he said yes. I didn't want to call him out on this but how did they paper tune it if it didn't have a d loop. I finally just gave up, paid what I owed and left.

I could go on and on about the 4 trips I have made there for my bow and all the lack of customer service things I observed while waiting around, but I feel it would fall on deaf ears.

and like stated in a previous post my bow is 2 times as loud as it was before the new cables and string. I will be taking it to another shop to have it checked out.

Very disappointed with CCR.

I agree that customer serivce is lacking. I have had this conversation with the owner and manager. I understand how you feel. That is the reason opened my own shop and have been working on my own bows since 1997. That is why I try my hardest to give the best customer service I can while working there. If you don't get it to another shop before this Wednesday. I will be working then bring it to me and I will look it over for you. I apologize for the lack of customer service. They are working on it and I will continue to push the issue with them.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5275613 08/28/14 01:13 AM
G
GOLDSTEIN Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
I took a buddy to CCR this weekend to shoot a few bows. He is brand new to bows, and I told him to shoot them all to see what he likes. The young man helping us out was happy to show him how to shoot. He spent about an hour with us letting my buddy shoot different bows. I didn't agree with everything he said, but personal opinion will always make differences arise. Overall, I was pleased with the young man spending the time to help a brand new bow shooter.

I also got to meet Wes70, and talk a little trash about our very own BOBO the Clown

Retirement Planning & Asset Management
www.SullivanFinancialPartners.com
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5275656 08/28/14 01:44 AM
B
Blood Trail Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
I call BS. I find it hard to believe that you walked in there and was ignored. If thats the case, then all you had to do was speak up. CCR is a top-notched organization and will not find a better archery range with knowledgeable staff in North Texas, possibly in the whole state. And you'll be hard-press to find a better game processor around. No need to get all butt hurt.

2014 Xpedition Xcentic 30 in @ 70#
GOld Tip XT Hunters
100 grain Grim Reapers Razor Cut 1.75 in
QAD-XDs Pro Drop Away rest
Bowlite
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Blood Trail] #5275744 08/28/14 02:21 AM
B
bphillips Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Blood Trail
I call BS. I find it hard to believe that you walked in there and was ignored. If thats the case, then all you had to do was speak up. CCR is a top-notched organization and will not find a better archery range with knowledgeable staff in North Texas, possibly in the whole state. And you'll be hard-press to find a better game processor around. No need to get all butt hurt.

I was both times I went. Once I was the only one in there and standing at the counter. They did have a good selection though so I found what I wanted in a case and broadheads and ordered online when I got home. Maybe it was just a couple of bad days.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5275917 08/28/14 03:55 AM
B
Bowtech kid Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
It's not ur job as a customer to ask somone to stop talking and come help u. In my opinion like some people have said some days r good and other r bad to go up their. If like to try to go back when Wes is in he seems like a good guy and would help any one other than that everyone has an opinion and that was mine on ccr no one butt hurt if u like the store keep going.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5276125 08/28/14 01:03 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Never been to the bow shop or range, only the processing. Think I will go today and see what this is all about grin

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5276173 08/28/14 01:38 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Disguise yourself and act like a complete newby, Txshntr. See what happens

I tend to agree with some here. I myself sometimes walk into bow shops to just walk around and look at all the new expensive stuff I can't afford and I tell people I don't need anything when they walk up and ask if I need help.

There are other times when I do want help, you know what I do? I walk up and say something eluding to the fact that I have questions and need help. Simple as that. Not trying to sound smart but in this world, the answer is always no if you don't ask.

If you say something and they STILL don't help? That's messed up. Lol

[Linked Image]
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5276205 08/28/14 02:04 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
I am a newbie...no acting required. And no one will recognize me...I am wearing my "tall" shoes grin

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5276257 08/28/14 02:48 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Wear your best "No Fear" shirt! Or better yet, an old "Big Johnson" shirt. They'll never see ya coming!

[Linked Image]
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bullfrog] #5276266 08/28/14 02:50 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: Bullfrog
Wear your best "No Fear" shirt! Or better yet, an old "Big Johnson" shirt. They'll never see ya coming!

I have on my hyper color shirt and reebok pump shoes. Perfect!!

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: txshntr] #5276290 08/28/14 03:06 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Originally Posted By: Bullfrog

I have on my hyper color shirt and reebok pump shoes. Perfect!!

roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5276580 08/28/14 05:10 PM
W
Wes70 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
The only thing I can really say. Is if you don't talk to management about your problem they can't fix it. I work there and I can agree with what some of you guys are saying. So I am not trying to cover anything up. Just saying we can't fix what we don't know is broken. We are having a mandatory meeting Sunday night. I will make sure to bring this stuff up in the meeting.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5276769 08/28/14 06:40 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
I have to say, it must have been the wrong day or I am here on the right day. This is my first trip to CCR and it has been a great visit so far. Very polite and knowledgeable workers, techs have been thorough so far and ask questions as they are working on my bow and every time I am idol, someone stops to see if I have been helped.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5277306 08/28/14 10:37 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

[Linked Image]
Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: Bowtech kid] #5277408 08/29/14 12:00 AM
S
spencer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I have been out there a few over the last few months. Couple times for them to work on my bow and the other night I took my wife out there to get her a bow. I have no complaints they worked with my wife and she was happy after leaving. I was there today and again I have no complaints. But then again you can't keep everyone happy. Someone is going to find a reason to b••ch about something.

Re: Cinniomon creek ranch [Re: txshntr] #5277504 08/29/14 12:48 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: txshntr
I have to say, it must have been the wrong day or I am here on the right day. This is my first trip to CCR and it has been a great visit so far. Very polite and knowledgeable workers, techs have been thorough so far and ask questions as they are working on my bow and every time I am idol, someone stops to see if I have been helped.

Are you wearing the proper disguise? If not, they may have busted you as an undercover THF operator.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide