I lost the first deer I ever shot with a bow. Small 8 pt that I hit with a cedar shaft with a Bear broadhead. I watched the deer run up out of a creek bed and out of sight. Waited another 45 minutes at the sight of the shot (beginning of the blood trail). Toughest thing for a 17 year old to do. I followed the blood trail for about 60 yards across an open area then the trail took a 90 degree turn to the left and went back into the brush. There, the blood trail ended. I quartered until dark.
I shot the buck on the 3rd weekend of October and found what was left of him (along with my arrow) the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I'd walked passed him at least a dozen times and never saw him.

Lost a doe in Missouri that had a fair blood trail. The rain washed it away before I could find her.

Hit an odd-ball 11 point too high and had a great blood trail until the arrow fell out. Never did find that one either.

The Missouri deer was the last one I lost. That was back some 14 years ago. Haven't lost one since. Mainly because I've gotten a LOT more choosey about my shots.

[IMG][/IMG]

Pay it forward - Kids are the future.

Rifles are similar to boats and young women...there's no end to how much money you can pour into them without making them any more useful.